The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE interested in El Generico

+4
Aaronb33
Hero
Amy
Fernando
8 posters

Go down

WWE interested in El Generico  Empty WWE interested in El Generico

Post by Fernando Tue 13 Nov 2012, 8:03 pm

WWE officials have shown interest in recent weeks in acquiring El Generico, a Canadian independent wrestler who uses the gimmick of a luchador from Mexico.

Whilst this seems like great news id fear they would ruin 99% of his move set and turn him into a Santino like character when he's a very talented guy who sells just as well as anyone in the business

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

WWE interested in El Generico  Empty Re: WWE interested in El Generico

Post by Amy Tue 13 Nov 2012, 8:12 pm

Didnt they say a little while a go they wanted to start up a cruiserweight division again though? With a TV show of there own when the network does open, hence why they were said to have been after Shelley and recently signed PAC

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 13 Nov 2012, 8:23 pm

Great guy to bring in IMO though I agree with Nando that again a guy with a huge move set would be clamped down on.
One I would love to see brought in as well would be Delirious, think his style would be so over with a mass audience.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Tue 13 Nov 2012, 8:35 pm

Delirious would be a struggle to bring in, unless ROH goes down the pan, now he is booker there

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 13 Nov 2012, 8:47 pm

He may be booker but if the big cheese come a calling it could prove hard to resist.
I would love it if Delirious told everyone his plans at ROH in character, explains a fair bit actually with how it's gone of late...

Last edited by Hero on Tue 13 Nov 2012, 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 13 Nov 2012, 8:52 pm

Well he's got a world title match against Kevin Steen soon in Ladder War at the ROH PPV

It's the only thing he's not won so would be nice of him to go out with a World Title OK

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Tue 13 Nov 2012, 11:10 pm

I want to hear JR scream BRAINBUSTAAAAAAAH!!!!

That would make my life complete.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 14 Nov 2012, 7:24 am

El Generico has in the past year and a bit become one of my favourite guys on the indy scene, so I'd be delighted if he got a shot at the big time, he's probably more suited to TNA than WWE though as his gimmick is a bit out of the left field and his moveset, particuarly the Brainbustahh!, is distinctly indy. That said he has always had an amazing ability to connect with crowds with little or no speech and purley through mannerisms, which I think would serve him well in the TV world.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Wed 14 Nov 2012, 11:20 am

Does anybody else get the feeling that HHH/Vince are trying to take away the indy scene from us, as in signing up the majority of the better wrestlers out there? It'll be only a matter of time where ROH will be left with Mike Bennett & Mike Mondo Laugh

Now, El Generico. Like Dr.Gregory, he's one of my favourite's out there today, he's worked really hard on the indy scene, so any chance he gets to sign with the 'E, he really deserves. He doesn't need to learn the 'E way taking bumps 8 hours a day for 18 months, he could so easily step into the roster with his gimmick, he has a unique look and a varity of a move set being able to mix it up with high flyers and brawlers.

I know this isn't how their company works though, his move set will be restricted and strip him of his gimmick really watering him down. In a kind of selfish way, I'd rather keep him in the indy scene. It's just speculation anyway Very Happy

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 14 Nov 2012, 11:35 am

I think after they saw how valuable CM Punk was after years of not quite giving him enough because of his indie roots they've decided to take a look into the indies because in recent years both Punk and Bryan have really impressed.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 14 Nov 2012, 12:35 pm

I think it would be a great acquisition for wwe should they execute a cruiser division, would it be a good move for the wrestler... probably not. He's got more momentum in ROH than ever before with his upcoming title shot and a move WWE would all but squash that momentum, it would be personal preference on wheather he is prepared to start from the bottom run in wwe. I just do f trust them to use him correctly or allow him to show off his particular brand of wrestling as noted above by others

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down