The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gloucester 31 - 29 Fiji

+4
glamorganalun
gregortree
LondonTiger
EnglishReign
8 posters

Go down

Gloucester 31 - 29 Fiji Empty Gloucester 31 - 29 Fiji

Post by EnglishReign Wed 14 Nov 2012, 8:16 am

Dan Robson, take a bow!

http://www.gloucesterrugby.co.uk/rugby/matchcentre/7913.php

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Gloucester 31 - 29 Fiji Empty Re: Gloucester 31 - 29 Fiji

Post by LondonTiger Wed 14 Nov 2012, 8:47 am

EnglishReign wrote:Dan Robson, take a bow!

http://www.gloucesterrugby.co.uk/rugby/matchcentre/7913.php

A good evening for English club sides with falcons and Tigers also having wins against international opposition.

who played for Glaws? Cannot see teams on that report.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Wed 14 Nov 2012, 4:55 pm

LT:
A lot of newbies.. well to me. Robson (normally 9) played 10 last night, Lewis at SH. Robson is a real 'find coming up from the Acad this season. He now 'understudies' the experienced Cowon, but he is v good SH in his own young right. Britton, D'Apice (replacement), Chistolini, Murphy, Cox I Clark Molenaar, Bucko I recognised. Need to buy a programme.
We really won by breaking them in the scrum, with 3 yellows shared among the Fiji 8, and 2 penalty tries.

Glos Site had this line up:

Martyn Thomas; Steph Reynolds, Drew Locke, Tim Molenaar, Ian Clark; Dan Robson, Dave Lewis; Yann Thomas, Koree Britton, Dario Chistolini; Will Graulich, Harry Casson; Ross Moriarty, Matt Cox, Peter Buxton (capt)

Replacements:

Tommaso d'Apice, Dan Murphy, Tom Heard, Ed King, Ben Sparks, Brad Field, George Boulton, tbc

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Wed 14 Nov 2012, 8:19 pm

gregortree wrote:LT:
A lot of newbies.. well to me. Robson (normally 9) played 10 last night, Lewis at SH. Robson is a real 'find coming up from the Acad this season. He now 'understudies' the experienced Cowon, but he is v good SH in his own young right. Britton, D'Apice (replacement), Chistolini, Murphy, Cox I Clark Molenaar, Bucko I recognised. Need to buy a programme.
We really won by breaking them in the scrum, with 3 yellows shared among the Fiji 8, and 2 penalty tries.

Glos Site had this line up:

Martyn Thomas; Steph Reynolds, Drew Locke, Tim Molenaar, Ian Clark; Dan Robson, Dave Lewis; Yann Thomas, Koree Britton, Dario Chistolini; Will Graulich, Harry Casson; Ross Moriarty, Matt Cox, Peter Buxton (capt)

Replacements:

Tommaso d'Apice, Dan Murphy, Tom Heard, Ed King, Ben Sparks, Brad Field, George Boulton, tbc

Close to the LV team against the Ospreys, they played well in that game mainly the scrum.

Team against Ospreys:

Martyn Thomas; Shane Monahan, Drew Locke, Tim Molenaar, Ian Clark; Tim Taylor, Dan Robson; Yann Thomas, Tommaso d'Apice, Dario Chistolini; Elliott Stooke, Will Graulich; Ross Moriarty, Matt Cox, Peter Buxton (capt)

Replacements:
Koree Britton, Dan Murphy, Tom Heard, Ed King, Ben Sparks, Dave Lewis, Billy Burns, Steph Reynolds

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 15 Nov 2012, 7:11 am

Robson was really being talked up by the Sky pundits pre JRWC in the summer. Maybe it was the hype - but his performances left me deeply disappointed. (though to be fair the same comments could be made about much of the squad)

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Thu 15 Nov 2012, 8:51 am

Robson had not played 10 before at senior level as far as I recall.
He had some very promising games at 9, esp I recall at LWm so I believe a great find from the Acad. Then Cowon arrived so Robson may have become match rusty for last few games (he against Ospeys at Liberty)
The club future is 9 Robson, 10 Burns, once Cowon 'retires'.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 15 Nov 2012, 11:09 am

gregortree wrote:The club future is 9 Robson, 10 Burns, once Cowon 'retires'.
[quote]

The future:

9 Robson
10 Burns Jr
11 Sharples
12 Burns Sr
13 Trinder
14 ????
15 May

Poor old 36 Wink

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Thu 15 Nov 2012, 11:25 am

LT, so you miss 36 then at WR ? Crying or Very sad
Glos are loving having him in the team.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 15 Nov 2012, 11:48 am

gregortree wrote:LT, so you miss 36 then at WR ? Crying or Very sad
Glos are loving having him in the team.

We do, but there is still a sour taste about how he went about leaving (ie verbally agreeing a contract then sending his agent out to get a better one elsewhere). However, really it made sense all round - he was practically guaranteed game time at Kingsholm and we were able to hire two players with the money we had offered him. Plus we could not stay under the cap and give him what you guys did.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Thu 15 Nov 2012, 12:05 pm

LT
thanks, had not heard the inside story before. Sounds like the Glos management went a- poaching for a reason. Tindall was also dithering with Glos at contract time, and our Samoan centre was in 'trouble' after the RWC.

No idea how we are allocating the cap now, except to say:

a/ we have lots of youngsters on the books.
b/ Tindall has a 'coaching' role so may be getting a 'coaching' salary.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Thu 15 Nov 2012, 12:13 pm

LondonTiger wrote:Robson was really being talked up by the Sky pundits pre JRWC in the summer. Maybe it was the hype - but his performances left me deeply disappointed. (though to be fair the same comments could be made about much of the squad)

Have to agree that Robson had a shocker at the WC, but he has been in decent form for us so far this season. Some of his kicking has been a bit wayward, but some have been sublime and I'd rather a youngster tried and failed than not try at all. He played 10 for Hartpury over the last 2 years when dual reg'd so he does bring that Gallic element to a 9, the likes of which we've not had since a young Yachvilli graced Kingsholm - I'm not saying he'll be as good, but there certainly is an element to his play that is similar.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 15 Nov 2012, 7:35 pm

[quote="LondonTiger"]
gregortree wrote:The club future is 9 Robson, 10 Burns, once Cowon 'retires'.

The future:

9 Robson
10 Burns Jr
11 Sharples
12 Burns Sr
13 Trinder
14 ????
15 May

Poor old 36 Wink

Clark at 14 Ok!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveM Thu 15 Nov 2012, 7:36 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
We do, but there is still a sour taste about how he went about leaving (ie verbally agreeing a contract then sending his agent out to get a better one elsewhere). However, really it made sense all round - he was practically guaranteed game time at Kingsholm and we were able to hire two players with the money we had offered him. Plus we could not stay under the cap and give him what you guys did.

I thought Twelvtrees was treated very poorly by Tigers. I couldn't believe it when he signed the 1 year deal a year earlier, given his reward for becoming the regular Saxons 12 was to be ignored for months by Leicester, and to sign another contract at Tigers would have been inexplicable. Following his move he's playing every week in a side who are arguably better than Tigers and he's on the verge of the England matchday squad, if he'd stayed he would have been starting every other week in whatever position (10, 12, 13) suited the Tigers.

Has Twelvetrees ever given his side of the conversation with Cockerill?

DaveM

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 16 Nov 2012, 5:52 pm

couldn't believe it when he signed the 1 year deal a year earlier, given his reward for becoming the regular Saxons 12 was to be ignored for months by Leicester

He was actually in a run of games when he decided to leave. It's standard to agree short term deals with developing players. Something I'm sure Twelvetrees was happy to do.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveM Sat 17 Nov 2012, 11:11 am

Big mistake though - he'd probably be England's 12 today if he'd left a year earlier.

DaveM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down