The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The AB's to play Italy

+2
kiakahaaotearoa
blackcanelion
6 posters

Go down

The AB's to play Italy Empty The AB's to play Italy

Post by blackcanelion Thu 15 Nov 2012, 5:04 am

Starting XV:

1. Tony Woodcock (93)
2. Keven Mealamu (100)
3. Charlie Faumuina (4)
4. Ali Williams (76)
5. Brodie Retallick (10)
6. Liam Messam (17)
7. Sam Cane (4)
8. Kieran Read - captain (45)
9. Aaron Smith (10)
10. Aaron Cruden (17)
11. Julian Savea (6)
12. Ma'a Nonu (73)
13. Conrad Smith (63)
14. Hosea Gear (13)
15. Beauden Barrett (3)

Reserves:

16. Dane Coles (1)
17. Wyatt Crockett (8)
18. Ben Franks (22)
19. Samuel Whitelock (36)
20. Victor Vito (18)
21. Tawera Kerr-Barlow (1)
22. Daniel Carter (93)
23. Cory Jane (40)

Looks like an interesting side. A strong backup in the reserves bench, if things start to turn to custard.

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

The AB's to play Italy Empty Re: The AB's to play Italy

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 15 Nov 2012, 6:09 am

Good side. I like this kid Barrett. Big wingers who can wreak havoc if they get space. Ali Williams is compensated by Whitelock on the bench. Cane in between two experienced players. A good squad.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by dallym Thu 15 Nov 2012, 6:33 am

No complaints. maybe have Owen on the bench instead, but Ben needs game time too and overall the rest won't hurt Owen.

dallym

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Thu 15 Nov 2012, 8:14 am

The backs are full of running but it has to be said that going up against the Italian pack with this 8 is a risk. 5 of the 8 are not the first team starters let alone on the bench. We could be reeling backwards for a while...can't wait to see Alan's comments...AB jerseys straight out of the box of weetbix.

Sweet...wouldn't have it any other way. Hopefully this backline gets a roll on because its got trytime written all over it. thumbsup

The reason the ABs can do this is not only is the talent there, they all work together as a squad. I mean Weepu- who has lost his position all year to the younger Smith saw his role on tour as making sure Smith and KB fit into the team environment on tour when other sides perhaps might have a touch of animosity. Ali's been the same and I see he's still taking every opportunity he can to blab to the media. Man thats annoying.

Time to put your money where your mouth is Ali...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Thu 15 Nov 2012, 2:22 pm

Taylorman wrote:The backs are full of running but it has to be said that going up against the Italian pack with this 8 is a risk. 5 of the 8 are not the first team starters let alone on the bench. We could be reeling backwards for a while...can't wait to see Alan's comments...AB jerseys straight out of the box of weetbix.

Sweet...wouldn't have it any other way. Hopefully this backline gets a roll on because its got trytime written all over it. thumbsup

The reason the ABs can do this is not only is the talent there, they all work together as a squad. I mean Weepu- who has lost his position all year to the younger Smith saw his role on tour as making sure Smith and KB fit into the team environment on tour when other sides perhaps might have a touch of animosity. Ali's been the same and I see he's still taking every opportunity he can to blab to the media. Man thats annoying.

Time to put your money where your mouth is Ali...

Risk?........most countries would be happy to have a that 8 as first choice. No sympathy needed.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Thu 15 Nov 2012, 3:23 pm

Perhaps, but the ABs aren't most countries and Italy have one of the strongest packs around, and will look to target this one,

Most countries wouldn't change 14 players after a 50 point win when they didn't have to so by any measure its still a risk.

Not saying they wont win comfortably. It just could be a very tight battle for much of the first half- maybe more, and if they lost they'll look like Muppet with such an 'arrogant' selection it will be said.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Thu 15 Nov 2012, 6:43 pm

Taylorman you want my comments,fine here goes the Pack you have Ben Franks,Whitelock and Vito on the bench plus Wyatt Crockett.
Short of starting Captain Tackles,Romano,and Owen Franks that is a very strong squad.
Italy are very solid up front BUT with the bench cover there it Should be adequate.
The backs apart from Savea and Gear being on the wrong wings[Savea has at least played there] and Cory jane at Full Back probably the best available.
Apart from having to add an extra TV Channel to my sky Package to watch it i`m fine with it.
The views on Weepu and Williams were caustic here, lets just say Weepu played
well versus Scotland.Unlike his much vaunted replacement Williams did`nt have
enough time on for me to form an opinion.
THAT I will reserve until Saturday and THAT isn`t a bad B side by anyones standards.
You have to take chances sometimes better versus Italy than England or Wales
.IF Italy win what an upset in the IRB ratings that would make !!!

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Thu 15 Nov 2012, 7:20 pm

Yes if Italy win, the entire rugby world will be at hansens throat for being so stupid for making 14 changes to a winning side- despite not making the same comments before the match from what I've seen.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down