The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 11 Discussion Thread

+12
CFCNick
GSC
Colan (niner)
BamBam
Thomond
Number-25
sodhat
Pr4wn
Good Golly I'm Olly
cherriesfna
mikeygnfl
Il Gialloblu
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Week 11 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Week 11 Discussion Thread

Post by Il Gialloblu Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Carolina Panthers
Cleveland Browns at Dallas Cowboys
Green Bay Packers at Detroit Lions
Jacksonville Jaguars at Houston Texans
Arizona Cardinals at Atlanta Falcons
Cincinnati Bengals at Kansas City Chiefs
Philadelphia Eagles at Washington Redskins
New York Jets at St. Louis Rams
New Orleans Saints at Oakland Raiders
San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos
Indianapolis Colts at New England Patriots
Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers

Chicago Bears at San Francisco 49ers
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Week 11 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 11 Discussion Thread

Post by cherriesfna Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:37 pm

RDuncan8 wrote:
cherriesfan wrote:6th seed in the NFC should be an interresting race
Hawks (6-4)
@ Phins
@ Bears
vs Cards
@ Buffalo
vs 49ers
vs Rams

Vikings (6-4)
@ Bears
@ Packers
vs Bears
@ Rams
@ Texans
vs Packers

Bucs (6-4)
vs Falcons
@ Denver
vs Eagles
@ Saints
vs Rams
@ Falcons

Saints (5-5)
vs 49ers
@ Falcons
@ Giants
vs Tampa
@ Dallas
vs Panthers

Cowboys 5-5

vs WSH
vs PHI
@ CIN
vs PIT
vs NO
@WSH

Wouldn't count them out either...

realisticly 5-5 teams need to go 5-1 at least, cant see cowboys doing that.
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:42 pm

I tell you what the Cowboys do have the easiest schedule out of thos teams imo. However they suck big time and you always feel they could implode at anytime, but you never know. I think that 9-7 might make the NFC wildcard tjis year tbf...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:45 pm

Grant Holt V2 wrote:I tell you what the Cowboys do have the easiest schedule out of thos teams imo. However they suck big time and you always feel they could implode at anytime, but you never know. I think that 9-7 might make the NFC wildcard tjis year tbf...

NAH 10-6
if the hawks win on the road its theres,
Viking will be a top 5 team in the league if they can get a wildcard with there scedule.
Saints are smoking right now and coulod win out
Tampa are also hot but think theyll go 3-3 rest of the ways.
Cowboys snuck past the BROWNS at HOME in OVERTIME
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:08 am

oh and....
BRUCE IRVIN LEADS ROOKIES IN SACKS!!
and u all called him a bust
he has more sacks than
- JPP
- Peppers

and the same numebr as Jared Allen

haha not bad for a "situational" pass rusher and a 1st round "bust"

Spoiler:
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:25 am

Don't count on the Giants being too good for a wildcard place. Green Bay scare me this week, they've won 5 straight and we suck in November.

We've probably got a more horrible run in this season than last year. If Dallas get momentum I fear the Giants might not even make the playoffs.

vs Packers
@ Redskins
vs Saints
@ Atlanta
@ Baltimore
vs Philadelphia

We could be anything from 7-9 to 10-6.

Last edited by MockingJay33 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:27 am

The Cowboys aren't good though.

Realistically Seahawks will prob end up around 8-9 wins I think, Vikes 7-9 looks best case scenario, Bucs have 3 winnable games and 3 tough games.

Saints have too much to do, so it prob comes down to Seahawks/Bucs on who can nick a win somewhere.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:28 am

Giants will get their **** together, they perenially collapse whenever they seem relatively in control midseason. More to the point, nobody else in the NFC East is good/will top 8-8
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:45 am

MockingJay33 wrote:Don't count on the Giants being too good for a wildcard place. Green Bay scare me this week, they've won 5 straight and we suck in November.

We've probably got a more horrible run in this season than last year. If Dallas get momentum I fear the Giants might not even make the playoffs.

vs Packers
@ Redskins
vs Saints
@ Atlanta
@ Baltimore
vs Philadelphia

We could be anything from 7-9 to 10-6.

I don't think Dallas can win enough through a sustained period. Giants always seem to pull it out when it matters most, and I reckon you will get at least 4 more wins from that schedule. None are gimmes, but the only ones that stand out as dangerous are Packers and Falcons - both of whom I think are beatable.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:33 am

There's probably a lot of frightening stats on the Eagles these days, not least the 6 game losing streak but just spotted this on ESPN - over the first 6 games of the season when Juan Castillo was DC, opposing QBs had a Total QBR of just 28.2. In the 4 games since then with Todd Bowles as DC, opponents have a league high Total QBR of 87.1 (it's measured on a scale of 0 to 100 for the unintiated), a completion rate of 78.4%, 11 TD passes and 0 Interceptions. Firing Castillo looked a desperate decision at the time but it looks decidely iffy now. In fairness though, it's prob just a symptom of the general half-hearted play of the entire team these days.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:40 am

Bowles can't do anything about a DL that gets 0 pressure and a secondary that can't cover. We were helped by playing some crappy offended in that spell
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:42 am

Too true GSC. It must drive you guys mental as well that LeSean McCoy was still in the game at the point where he got concussed. What on earth was Reid doing sending him in there with 2 mins left and trailing 31-6??? Why risk one of your best players, if not the best, with the game gone? Madness!!

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:46 am

On that theme Number-25, Gronkowski broke his forearm on the extra point to make the score 59-24 to the Pats yesterday! What is he doing in there Bill Doh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:09 am

One thing on the Eagles. I didn't think the players would quit on Andy Reid so quickly, considering what he has been through. And I do think it is affecting Reid, the death of his son, and he clearly isn't the same. I thought maybe the players would come together for Reid, ala the Colts for Pagano, but they haven't.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:10 am

Re the wildcard discussion above - Seattle definitely has the easiest schedule. They won't beat Chicago or San Fran but should win the other 4 games. Having said that, I don't they're good enough to win all 4 of them so I'll give them 3 and call them at 9-7.

Vikings schedule is brutal!! Bears and Packers twice and Houston away? They'll beat St Louis but will do well to win any of the other games. Having said that, maybe they'll catch Houston coasting to the postseason and they'll pinch one of the Chicago/Green Bay games. 9-7 for them too, and that's being generous!

Bucs are only winning 3 games max with that schedule. Will defo beat Philly and St Louis. Maybe they can beat a Falcons team wrapped in cotton wool ahead of the postseason. Saints will be playing desperate when they meet them and with it being in the Superdome, that spells trouble. 9-7 for Tampa Bay too.

Saints will win their last 3 games and at least one of the others, possibly two. They're picking up speed all the time just now and I can see them getting to 10-6. They'll at least be 9-7.

I wouldn't count the Cowboys out although they're definitely the longest shot of this bunch. If they're going to make it then you've got to be thinking that they're going to need wins from both Washington games as well as Philly and most likely Cincinatti. Even then, that's only enough to get them to 9-7. I don't see them beating a surging Saints team. Maybe they can top the Steelers depending on what's happening with Big Ben. Having said all that, it wouldn't surprise me if they drop one of the divisional games. Cowboys will be 9-7 at best. Most likely 8-8.

Giants schedule looks fairly tough but they'd like to think that the Redskins and Eagles games should be easy pickings. Even just winning those two games might be enough to see them through as division champs in a stinking NFC East! They'll win one of the others though and finish at least 9-7.

So, I've no idea where that leaves the No. 6 seed race. I'd make the Saints the favourites but it might well come down to a whole bunch of teams finishing 9-7 and I don't know who's sitting prettiest just now with the tiebreaker.

Having said all that, the Redskins are going to win out to charge through to a 10-6 finish and top the lot of them Wink

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:22 am

cherriesfan wrote:oh and....
BRUCE IRVIN LEADS ROOKIES IN SACKS!!
and u all called him a bust
he has more sacks than
- JPP
- Peppers

and the same numebr as Jared Allen

haha not bad for a "situational" pass rusher and a 1st round "bust"

Spoiler:

Reach my friend, not a bust. But this is all with the benefit of hindsight, at the time he was a 2nd or 3rd round projection, now its easy to say he should have gone in the first round

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:58 am

Grant Holt V2 wrote:One thing on the Eagles. I didn't think the players would quit on Andy Reid so quickly, considering what he has been through. And I do think it is affecting Reid, the death of his son, and he clearly isn't the same. I thought maybe the players would come together for Reid, ala the Colts for Pagano, but they haven't.

They've pretty much quit on everything including Reid. Guy lost the locker room weeks ago.

You would've thought the players would've taken a message from Castillo getting fired also, but nay. Too many highly paid vets that aren't producing combined with craptastic drafts for the last few years coinciding with a lop sided roster with no depth. And a urine poor attitude to boot.

Firing Reid alone isnt the solution, but its time to clean house. The whole coaching staff, Vick, Babin, Nnamdi, Jenkins can walk.

Its telling that this is the first team I follow that I haven't liked. Not because they're bad, but because they don't give a **** that they're bad.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:01 am

GSC wrote:
Grant Holt V2 wrote:One thing on the Eagles. I didn't think the players would quit on Andy Reid so quickly, considering what he has been through. And I do think it is affecting Reid, the death of his son, and he clearly isn't the same. I thought maybe the players would come together for Reid, ala the Colts for Pagano, but they haven't.

They've pretty much quit on everything including Reid. Guy lost the locker room weeks ago.

You would've thought the players would've taken a message from Castillo getting fired also, but nay. Too many highly paid vets that aren't producing combined with craptastic drafts for the last few years coinciding with a lop sided roster with no depth. And a urine poor attitude to boot.

Firing Reid alone isnt the solution, but its time to clean house. The whole coaching staff, Vick, Babin, Nnamdi, Jenkins can walk.

Its telling that this is the first team I follow that I haven't liked. Not because they're bad, but because they don't give a **** that they're bad.

That last line is the problem. You see teams like the Rams, who aren't good, but they battle week in week out, like they did at the 49ers, just because they love football. The Eagles might as well stop the season right now, the players dont care. Maybe the owner/GM should come out and challenge the players about there future's with the team, because money is the only thing driving them at the moment. Take that away, and I bet they will start playing harder.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:08 am

You win the gold medal in pointing out the obvious.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:34 am

To break away from the Eagles are terrible theme.

Does Whisenhunt get the boot. Cards have completely collapsed from a 4-0 start, the OL is god awful and Matt Schaub had more completions than they had passing yards yesterday. Pathetic that the opposing QB can throw 5 picks and you still lose.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:35 am

Also, it appears Blaine Gabbert has been benched for Chad Henne.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:37 am

Why on earth do you put a Rookie QB in when you are 13-0 up at the Georgia freaking Dome??? I don't care how bad Skelton is, but at least with him there, the Atlanta D knows some passes might be completed, but with Lindley in they just stuffed the run and he couldnt do it through the air!! WHY THROW HIM IN AT THE GEORGIA DOME WHERE ATLANTA RULE?!?!?!?!? CRAZY!!!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:03 am

Grant Holt V2 wrote:Why on earth do you put a Rookie QB in when you are 13-0 up at the Georgia freaking Dome??? I don't care how bad Skelton is, but at least with him there, the Atlanta D knows some passes might be completed
Skelton was 2/7 for a grand total of 6 yards when they pulled him, I doubt the Falcons were shaking in their boots.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:00 am

Yeah I know we'll win the division but I'm all doom and gloom at the moment. Chelsea fan too. Both teams were riding high and now suck at the same time.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:30 am

Lowlandbrit wrote:
Grant Holt V2 wrote:Why on earth do you put a Rookie QB in when you are 13-0 up at the Georgia freaking Dome??? I don't care how bad Skelton is, but at least with him there, the Atlanta D knows some passes might be completed
Skelton was 2/7 for a grand total of 6 yards when they pulled him, I doubt the Falcons were shaking in their boots.

Yeah but put a rookie QB in behind that OL in on of the hardest road environments in the Georgia Dome? Sorry I dont care if Skelton had a bad start, you dont do that
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:34 am

You bench a guy if he isn't getting it done.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:40 am

I think after going 2/7 it's a little harsh to bench him. Even the best don't always get off to great starts
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:49 am

How about hes gone 98-179 for 1k, 2 TDs and 5 INTs. Skelton is a garbage QB whose only redeeming quality over Kolb is he chucks the ball in Fitz's general direction rather than spreading it. If a guy isn't playing well you replace him unless hes an established great.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:53 am

But was Ryan Lindley ever going to do any better????

He was 9/20 for 64 yards!!! Skelton is garbage but at least every now and again he can throw the ball a bit downfield. Lindley didnt move the ball at all!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:53 am

2/16 on 3rd down and only THREE passing first downs!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:59 am

You give him a shot if the starter isn't getting the job done. If he wasn't a rookie youd have no problem.

Hindsight is 20:20.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:01 am

GSC wrote:You give him a shot if the starter isn't getting the job done. If he wasn't a rookie youd have no problem.

Hindsight is 20:20.

If he wasn't a rookie I wouldn't have as much of a problem no, but that's irrelevant because he is a rookie. And for even a rookie to not win off 5 INT's by Matt Ryan, is outrageous. And for the record I can see Whisenhunt getting fired if they finish with less than 6 wins
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:07 am

And the point is that Skelton wasn't finishing them off, or being a competent starter, so you give the next guy a shot. Regardless of whether hes a rookie. The Cards have confidence in him
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:08 am

Well I personally would have stuck with Skelton a little longer to see if he could have got something going.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:30 am

What is happening in the NFL in the last couple of weeks? Players seem to be dropping like flies.

Alex Smith is out so Colin Kaepernick takes on Jason Campbell at QB tonight.

Interesting to see how the Bears do as they look good in most games but have lost to other title contenders like the Packers and Texans.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:32 am

This game will be won in the trenches imo, and the 49ers > Bears in that department on both sides of the ball, so I'm taking them to win a close one
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:57 pm

Campbell sacked on 3rd down by Aldon Smith. Not looking good having a one on one against Aldon Smith. Kaepernick looked good on the 49ers first drive
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:02 pm

Colin Kaepernick could be throwing his hat in the ring for the starting job here. 10-0 49ers and that throw to Williams was a bomb! He is on fire!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:04 pm

And the Bears are beginning to look like the flat track bullies I think they are. Huge drive coming up here for Chicago, they need a score
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:19 pm

Great start for the 49ers. Kaepernick looks good but it must help coming into a decent team.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:23 pm

Can I see Chicago scoring 17+ points on offence? No. They need turnovers now. Clever football from here on in by San Fran and they win this
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:30 pm

The 49ers simply have too many options.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:31 pm

1. J'Marcus Webb vs Aldon Smith 1 on 1 just isn't fair.
2. Chicago look like a bunch of rookies out there. Yes the 49ers are bringing it, but Chicago are folding like an Ikea cardboard box
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Jesus the Chicago O-Line cannot block
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:05 pm

The Bears have got two big games coming up against the Vikings. The Packers must be favourites for the division now leaving the Bears looking for a play off spot.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:24 pm

Will be interesting how quickly Smith gets his job back. Don't know if Kaepernick can be consistent, but the feeling was if he developed he'd offer the 49ers more than Smith could
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:13 am

yp guys remmebr the top 100 thing i did while im consodering doing a pro-bowl version whill work around the same, if i do do it shud i open the balloting now like in real life or wait till the end of the season, up to u when i do this
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:23 am

End of season Cherries for sure Ok!

I think in the long term Kaepernick offers more to the 49ers than Smith does. If last night was anything to go by, Kaepernick can rip that ball and make some great throws plus the athletic ability as well
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:25 am

Grant Holt V2 wrote:End of season Cherries for sure Ok!

I think in the long term Kaepernick offers more to the 49ers than Smith does. If last night was anything to go by, Kaepernick can rip that ball and make some great throws plus the athletic ability as well

want them to start smith cause hawks dominate smith
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:16 am

also cant wait for this film to come out
http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt2325853/
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:21 am

They should go with Smith as he's not done anything to lose the starting job and they know what Smith can and cannot do. We're getting towards the business end of the season now so it's no time to be playing musical chairs at QB. There's zero gametape on Kaepernick for opposing teams to look at just now, so he holds the upper hand in terms of any element of surprise but after a few weeks of starting, teams will have enough tape on him to figure out how to stop him. Just as that happened to Cam Newton and just as things have gotten tougher for RG3 after a ridiculous start to his career, it will also happen to Kaepernick. The problem for the 9ers is, if that point comes in the playoffs then there is no next week to make their adjustments and come back with a new plan. They should stick with Smith but certainly, it appears that they don't need to rush him back quicker than they would otherwise like to. Next season is next season and maybe then they make the move to Kaepernick from day 1.

Last edited by Number-25 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next