The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henson "Losing to Arg was just a blip"

+6
gregortree
Jimpy
BlueNote
rodders
Biltong
HERSH
10 posters

Go down

Henson "Losing to Arg was just a blip" Empty Henson "Losing to Arg was just a blip"

Post by HERSH Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:02 am

You may be right there Mr Henson, Wales have nothing to fear against Samoa, NZ and Aus. Shocked

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/20339088
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Henson "Losing to Arg was just a blip" Empty Re: Henson "Losing to Arg was just a blip"

Post by Biltong Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:14 am

"You don't become a bad team overnight and that's certainly something Wales are not," Henson said.

Yeah that is what we believed in 2010, but the results kept confirming it. It has been the case for near 3 years now.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Henson "Losing to Arg was just a blip" Empty Re: Henson "Losing to Arg was just a blip"

Post by HERSH Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:19 am

That's not fair Bil, on their day against weaker teams they can play some beautiful rugby, they can also do it against strong teams but not for 80mins it's more like 20mins.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:22 am

Humble pie to be served in this thread at 9.30pm..... don't be late now people.... Smile Wales
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:27 am

HERSH wrote:That's not fair Bil, on their day against weaker teams they can play some beautiful rugby, they can also do it against strong teams but not for 80mins it's more like 20mins.
Hug Thanks Hersh.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:27 am

"they can also do it against strong teams but not for 80mins it's more like 20mins.."

Seems to have been enough to do the job against England of late.

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:29 am

rodders wrote:Humble pie to be served in this thread at 9.30pm..... don't be late now people.... Smile Wales

But the supporters of which team will be serving it up?

The fact is that far from being a foregone conclusion, this match could go either way, and that would deeply worry me if I were Welsh.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:30 am

BlueNote wrote:"they can also do it against strong teams but not for 80mins it's more like 20mins.."

As long as we beat the English...

Chortle.

Last edited by Jimpy on Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:30 am

Can I have two slices please?
For the record I don't think Wales will lose tonight but it won't be pretty.

There we go again!

Please note that it wasn't me who turned this into another Wal v Eng debate, that’s very disrespectful towards Samoa, NZ and Aus.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:36 am

HERSH wrote:Can I have two slices please?

You can have the whole pie HERSHEY..... king
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:39 am

Is it warm?
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:48 am

yes, if you hurry Run to it

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex_Germany Fri 16 Nov 2012, 10:06 am

Jimpy wrote:
BlueNote wrote:"they can also do it against strong teams but not for 80mins it's more like 20mins.."

As long as we beat the English...

Chortle.

Good to see Welsh pretensions to be a great side are over. It's back to "We had a great season. We lost 4 out of 5 matches but we beat the English".

Alex_Germany

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Fri 16 Nov 2012, 10:12 am

Actually I was pointing out the irony of the comment being made by an England fan, given the recent record between the two countries. Wales fans aren't worried the whole shooting match is over just because of one poor performance against Argentina.

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Fri 16 Nov 2012, 10:15 am

"I'm still confident they can possibly beat New Zealand and Australia.

"I'm not convinced by either of those two teams. I think when Wales get it right they can win."

Interesting view point..... not convinced by quite possibly one of the strongest sides in the history of professional test rugby currently on a 18 match unbeaten run....a team who have lost only 3 games in their last 43 matches.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2012, 10:17 am

Biltong wrote:
"You don't become a bad team overnight and that's certainly something Wales are not," Henson said.

Yeah that is what we believed in 2010, but the results kept confirming it. It has been the case for near 3 years now.

I don't really understand this Biltong. What has been the case for 3 years? Are you saying we've been bad for 3 years? If so, and you mean it, then I don't think you've been watching Wales or understand rugby. If so, but you're wumming, then you're just as bad sa HERSH, Cyril, and all the other people you ban. And you're a Mod.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 16 Nov 2012, 10:20 am

Griff wrote:
Biltong wrote:

I don't really understand this Biltong. What has been the case for 3 years? Are you saying we've been bad for 3 years? If so, and you mean it, then I don't think you've been watching Wales or understand rugby. If so, but you're wumming, then you're just as bad sa HERSH, Cyril, and all the other people you ban. And you're a Mod.

Biltong was talking about the Boks Griff
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 16 Nov 2012, 10:20 am

Griff wrote:
Biltong wrote:

Griff, the keyword here is US, the BOKS. thumbsup
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2012, 10:26 am

Apologies. I thought you meant 'we' as in the world rugby public believed Wales might start to be a good team in 2010 but the results kept confirming they were not...!

Must read better in future.

I'll get my coat censored Tumbleweed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2012, 10:33 am

Laugh Taxi!!

Actually, Henson's only 'confident' of the 'possibility' of a win, which is a bit vague and is not that bullish.

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Fri 16 Nov 2012, 10:54 am

How anyone could say they are not convinced by New Zealand, though... That's definitely one match I'll be going to more in hope than expectation.

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Fri 16 Nov 2012, 10:55 am

Griff, your reading is ok, thumbsup
but sometimes our sensivities crank what we see through our own 'filters' so we receive what our brain is expecting / fearing to see, not what it actully sees. Hug

Poor old Biltong a Wum ? naaahh. He premods himself before writing. True gent.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 16 Nov 2012, 11:01 am

gregortree wrote:Griff, your reading is ok, thumbsup
but sometimes our sensivities crank what we see through our own 'filters' so we receive what our brain is expecting / fearing to see, not what it actully sees. Hug

Poor old Biltong a Wum ? naaahh. He premods himself before writing. True gent.
Thanks gregortree, always looking after me. kiss
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Fri 16 Nov 2012, 11:27 am

Another HERSH Welsh article...

HERSH and Wales are a truly symbiotic organism.

He is right about Wales beating weak sides though. We beat 5 weak sides in the six nations.

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down