The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bellew vs Bolonti

+6
Lumbering_Jack
Jimmythebullet
manos de piedra
eddyfightfan
hampo17
taguey
10 posters

Go down

Bellew vs Bolonti Empty Bellew vs Bolonti

Post by taguey Sat 17 Nov 2012, 10:32 am

Morning all, how do we think Bellew will fair tonight against Bolonti? And, should he win, where does he go next?

taguey

Back to top Go down

Bellew vs Bolonti Empty Re: Bellew vs Bolonti

Post by hampo17 Sat 17 Nov 2012, 12:33 pm

A win puts him in line for a big fight in my opinion. I actually think he's going to look to knock Bolonti out, Bellew fights viciously when provoked and doing the slit throat gesture at the weigh in is certain to provoke a reaction.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 18 Nov 2012, 3:29 pm

looked like you where right up until the 2nd round, but that gash put an end to a brawl, luckily for bellew he can still box and managed a near shut out. great fight for bellew who really seems to be commited to his career and doing things properly. id back him to take cleverly in a rematch.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 18 Nov 2012, 3:37 pm

As the commentators said, its a difficult fight to judge Bellew on because once the cut happened it changes the dynamics of the fight alot. I actually wasnt overly impressed with Bellew in this or his last fight. He boxed alright in this fight but his opponent was pretty limited and didnt offer much even when Bellew was in dangerous territory with the cut. He should really have pushed hard to get the fight stopped but he barely landed a punch on Bellew after the second round and made it easy for te ref to allow Bellew to continue. The cut was a nasty one so any more damage to it and the ref would really have had to consider the stoppage. Looked alot worse than the McCloskey cut that was stopped at any rate.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmythebullet Sun 18 Nov 2012, 5:10 pm

It was a massive gash. If it was from a clash of heads & after the 4th round they would have stopped it.

Jimmythebullet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 18 Nov 2012, 5:31 pm

Didn't the other fella throw an average of 15 punches per round. Why turn up if you're not gonna try.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 18 Nov 2012, 6:32 pm

I think Bellew was the reason he couldn't do anything, as he boxed very well on the front and back foot.

If we are talking about the Mckloskey fight against Khan, didn't Mckloskey tell the ref he didn't want to continue?

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 18 Nov 2012, 8:34 pm

Can't say I was quite as impressed as some others with Bellew either, although I appreciate the cut hampered him in more ways than one. He's not really the huge hitter that some have labelled him and he does seem to run out of ideas and, at times, a wee bit of steam in the latter rounds.

He boxed a disciplined fight, to be fair, and showed that he can keep his chin tucked away, but it wasn't all that difficult to do that, considering how gun-shy his opponent was. We didn't really see anything here from Bellew which we didn't see in his rematch with McKenzie last year.

I like Bellew, but I'm not quite sure he's got a world title in him, at least at Light-Heavyweight. There just seems to be that little extra something which he needs, but is missing at the moment. Hopefully he can prove me wrong.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 19 Nov 2012, 6:07 pm

Bellew could sneak a world title. Being aligned to the WBC though and Dawson is probably the toughest of the four options but none of them are that spectacular. I think the WBA champ only has a handful of fights but what I've seen of Cloud and Cleverly I wouldn't rule out Bellew especially given he lost to Cleverley by a coat of varnish. Bellew does everything fairly tidily and none of the champs are all that good. OK

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Mon 19 Nov 2012, 10:17 pm

Super D Boon wrote:Bellew could sneak a world title. Being aligned to the WBC though and Dawson is probably the toughest of the four options but none of them are that spectacular. I think the WBA champ only has a handful of fights but what I've seen of Cloud and Cleverly I wouldn't rule out Bellew especially given he lost to Cleverley by a coat of varnish. Bellew does everything fairly tidily and none of the champs are all that good. OK

Seriously???? Shocked
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 19 Nov 2012, 11:19 pm

Seriously!

The light heavyweight division is a mess at the moment. Ironically it's only Dawson who I'd pick over Bellew with any degree of conviction and even then Dawson knows how to mess up a fight and make things a lot closer than they need be,

Bellew has already run Cleverley very close , who himslef I see as probably better than Shumenov and on a par with Cloud. Cloud has looked pretty ordinary with a clear robbery of Campillo and struggled past and ageing Glen Johnson who many also thought was too close for comfort.

All in all I don't see why Bellew can't be a champ although h'e calling out the best of a bad bunch.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down