The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This weekends action..

+2
captain carrantuohil
Pedro147
6 posters

Go down

This weekends action.. Empty This weekends action..

Post by Pedro147 Wed 21 Nov 2012, 2:40 pm

So how do we see it going. Some really good fights going on for different reasons.

We obviosuly have Ricky vs Senchenko, how do we see this going? Has Ricky possibly bitten off more than he can chew in his first fight in 3 years?

Also have the rematch of Quigg vs Munroe after the head clash the last time. This is a fight I'm really looking forward to I must say.

Also have Berto vs Guerrero as well. Guerrero stepping up and Berto coming back after a drugs ban. Huge opp for both to put themselves into the limelight for a big fight next year.

How do we see things going guys?

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

This weekends action.. Empty Re: This weekends action..

Post by captain carrantuohil Wed 21 Nov 2012, 2:59 pm

Greatly admire Guerrero, but surely this is a bridge too far for him? Berto may have been caught with his hand in the cookie jar, but he's still a pretty fair 147 pounder, and I'd have thought that he must be too strong for the Ghost. I know that Guerrero's the interim champ, but he has just one fight as a welter and it's only three years since he was campaigning at 130. Unless Berto's ban has made him regress drastically, I go with Berto by late stoppage, having inflicted a bit of a beating en route.

Ricky has picked a shrewd one here; he's in against one of the few welterweights of pedigree that I can see him beating. Senchenko is a nice boxer, but has no power, so Ricky can be as loose as he likes without penalty. It'll shake off the rust, no doubt, but it will be no sort of preparation for any of the tough welterweights out there (Malignaggi excepted), against whom I give Ricky little chance. In this one, though, I expect a late stoppage for Ricky - anything less and he wants to think seriously about calling a halt right here.

Quigg-Munroe is the one I want to see as well. I wonder if the technical draw and consequent delay hasn't played perfectly into Scott's hands, timing-wise. I really like Munroe as a fighter and he seems a top bloke, but he's just beginning to age a bit, and I wonder how much he has left at world class. One last hurrah, perhaps, but he'll need it, because I think that Quigg is a top level operator, albeit a mile behind the Donaires of this world. A slight feeling that youth has its day this time - the young lion cuts down the old one around the tenth.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 21 Nov 2012, 3:13 pm

I really rate Guerrero, think he's a fine boxer. Captain is right in that size could come in to play, but I'm leaning ever so slightly towards a Guerrero points decision. I think he has the skills, is tough enough, and carries enough pop to prevent Berto from completely overwhelming him. Having said that, he will need to put in the performance of his life or it could be a very painful night.

Hatton wins around the 8th round for me. Senchenko is decent, but poses no real threat, and Hatton simply has to stop him, and look good in doing so, if he is serious about making any great waves in this comeback.

Quigg Munroe - Quigg by wide decision. It may be tight for the earlier rounds, but I think the younger man will impose his greater skill set as the tough Munroe begins to tire and pull away down the stretch.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Nov 2012, 3:25 pm

Both Hatton and Quigg need to look convincing in victory if we are to believe they have any chance of progressing in the game.

Hatton has nothing to prove except to himself but I predict a split opinion between "Ricky back to his best" and "Hatton flatters to deceive." I've a lot of time for Hatton but I don't think a win should convince anyone of his ability to get straight back in at the top.

I thought Quigg was just starting to get to grips with Rendall when that head clash put an end to things and I see the same happening again (bar the cut of course). Quigg's movement was making Rendall miss more and more and I can see see Rendall being game til the end but widely outclassed.

For both Guerrero and Berto a good performance is an absolute must if they aren't to get left out in the cold. A good showing throws the winner right into the mix for a big money fight. Always thought Berto was another Jeff Lacy who was being lined up to be spanked by Floyd but of course, Ortiz got to him first. I'm still not utterly convinced by him but I belive the naturally bigger man may well prevail in the end (although I'd be happy to be proved wrong)

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 21 Nov 2012, 3:30 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:I really rate Guerrero, think he's a fine boxer. Captain is right in that size could come in to play, but I'm leaning ever so slightly towards a Guerrero points decision. I think he has the skills, is tough enough, and carries enough pop to prevent Berto from completely overwhelming him. Having said that, he will need to put in the performance of his life or it could be a very painful night.

Hatton wins around the 8th round for me. Senchenko is decent, but poses no real threat, and Hatton simply has to stop him, and look good in doing so, if he is serious about making any great waves in this comeback.

Quigg Munroe - Quigg by wide decision. It may be tight for the earlier rounds, but I think the younger man will impose his greater skill set as the tough Munroe begins to tire and pull away down the stretch.

I do like Guerrero but thing I remeber about him is dropping a decision to Orlando Salido (although now a no contest) and that always plays on my mind. He looked fantastic against Katsidis but I think Kats was tailor made for him. I can see Berto being a bit too strong and out haustling him to a UD

Still do not know what version of Hatton will turn up but he has picked a good opponant to gauge how much he's got left in the tank. I will say Hatton late stoppage but I wouldn't be suprised if he edges a close decision and then promptly retires again.

I picked Munroe for the first fight and am going to do the same now. Munroe has got a great chin and stamina and has got that all important 12 round experience in abundance. He's operated at higher level then Quigg and I think this will begin to show as the fight goes on. Munroe in a close but clear UD

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 21 Nov 2012, 5:20 pm

I'm really looking forward to the Guerrero-Berto fight. As others have said Guerrero is a talent and highly skilled but he hasn't the pop at welterweight to be the man. Berto was slightly hyped up but saying he got found out may be a little harsh as Ortiz simply wouldn't quit (ironic that) and Berto still tried to give as good as he could but fell short

I'm not sure who wins this and it's for this reason that I'm looking forward to it. Guerrero is the better boxer, has the higher workrate and has fought at a higher level of opposition. His flaw is that he likes to get into a tear up too often and lacks the power or the physical strength to do this at welterweight. Berto has the edge in power, size and speed but doesn't have the best chin and doenst have the best stamina. Guerrero looked ok vs Aydin (who isn't as good as Berto) but almost got walked down and worn down late.

Either Berto wears him down and stops him or Guerrero keeps up the high workrate as outwork Berto to a UD

Quigg-Munroe should be a good little fight. It was warming up nicely before the cut stopped it with Munroe the aggressor and Quigg fighting well of the back foot. I feel it will be the same 2nd time around and will hot up but for Quigg's youth to help push him trough the final rounds with it being very close

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 21 Nov 2012, 6:45 pm

Call me crazy, but I think that Guerrero will win by decision by outboxing Berto, because Guerrero has a great jab and a very good boxing brain. Mind you I won't be at all surprised if Berto wins by KO, the Ghost has a great chin, but i'm not sure how sturdy it will be at welterweight.

As for Hatton, if he has anything left he will win.

Quigg vs Munroe, I think Munroe wins by decision, not changing my initial prediction as I think it was way too early to tell which way the last fight was going to go. How well has the cut Munroe suffered healed?

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down