The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Report on latest ideas for The Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania 29

+18
bretmeharty
graeme_4
Dolphin Ziggler
Ent
Hero
VDT
Kay Fabe
Crimey
MIG
nasisillmatic
crippledtart
theundisputedY2D2
Kid Vicious
MtotheC
GSC
Aaronb33
Mr H
BD21
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Report on latest ideas for The Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania 29 Empty Report on latest ideas for The Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania 29

Post by BD21 Thu 22 Nov 2012, 9:01 am

An idea discussed recently was for CM Punk to beat The Rock at The Royal Rumble.

This is because if The Rock was to win, the title wouldn't be defended at house shows for at least 2 months and also the problem of whether or not The Rock would appear at the Elimination Chamber PPV.

Creative have discussed the idea of Punk winning and going on to defend the title at Wrestlemania against The Undertaker. Then The Rock would face off against John Cena in round 2.

Obviously things could change but this has been talked about.

The only problem I have is if Punk were to face Taker. How can they consider Taker being Champ and then be concerned about putting the belt on Rocky?

Unless...

They would give the streak to Punk!

To be fair though, can see The Rock taking the title at The Rumble

BD21

Back to top Go down

Report on latest ideas for The Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania 29 Empty Re: Report on latest ideas for The Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania 29

Post by Mr H Thu 22 Nov 2012, 9:18 am

''Creative have discussed''

I'm sure they've discussed alot. I'm sure they've covered every possible scenario. But these dirtsheets like to publish the stories they think will fuel the IWC's hysteria.

Sure, Punk v Taker for the WWE Title would be immense, but i won't be getting my hopes up. Dirtsheets like to tease us with these rumours.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Report on latest ideas for The Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania 29 Empty Re: Report on latest ideas for The Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania 29

Post by Aaronb33 Thu 22 Nov 2012, 9:19 am

Or Punk beats Rock at the Rumble, Cena beats Punk at Elimination Chamber for the strap, Cena v Rock 2 at WM, Taker comes back to see if Punk deserves the respect he's been asking for?

Punk wouldn't have to take the streak this way, all it would take is a handshake after the match to put Punk over even more than he is already.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 22 Nov 2012, 9:27 am

...yeah, Punk Taker for the WWE title isnt happening
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by BD21 Thu 22 Nov 2012, 9:28 am

I know H, I know.

Just thought it was a scenario worth discussing.

It's ****flap by the way. Hero gave me a nice, new, random name

BD21

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 22 Nov 2012, 9:55 am

Laugh Fussyclaps! I could have thought of a new name for you.

After the year he's had, if Punk doesnt face either Rock, Cena, Taker, Brock or HHH at Wrestlemania then i wont watch it. It'll be a massive two fingers up to the guy. He's an absolute workhorse and deserves a marquee match.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu 22 Nov 2012, 9:56 am

I have been thinking for some time now that punk will go all the way to wm with the strap, also don't think cena rock 2 is a definite, there as so many different factors and big stars to take into account that I dont think even the 'lack of creative' team know what they want to do. At this stage I'd be happy with

Punk vs rock for the wwe title
Taker vs lesnar for the streak
Cena vs ryback

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Thu 22 Nov 2012, 9:58 am

I've recently read the idea of:
Punk vs Taker
Rock vs Brock vs Cena vs HHH
Ziggler vs Orton with a possible face/heel switch

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 22 Nov 2012, 10:18 am

I'd be amazed if The Rock didnt win the title at the Rumble. Yeah so he won't be around to defend it at house shows but with the pending release of his GI Joe movie and all of his TV appearances to promote the film how good will it be for the WWE for The Rock to walk onto chatshows being introduced as the WWE Champion holding the WWE Title. Exposure exposure exposure.

Speaking of TV appearances, CM Punk took to twitter on Tuesday to slam the WWE for not promoting his appearance on an upcoming 'Walking Dead' chatshow. Low and behold last night on WWE.com his appearance on the show is now being promoted. There have been articles online that the relationship between Punk and WWE has become frail over the past few weeks and the person who had the row backstage with Vince was actually Punk. It was only a couple of weeks ago that articles spread like wildfire that Punk was set to be in the closing match at Wrestlemania. Who knows what's going on, but all i know is that if Vince was pee'd with Punk and if he wasnt flavour of the month i dont think he would have walked out of Survivor Series at the WWE Champion.

On a separate issue, ive got a strong feeling that Batista is going to return at the Royal Rumble. Wouldnt be suprised to see him put Ryback over at Mania either.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu 22 Nov 2012, 10:18 am

Kid Vicious wrote:I've recently read the idea of:
Punk vs Taker

I'd buy that for £15!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 22 Nov 2012, 10:33 am

Mr H wrote:After the year he's had, if Punk doesnt face either Rock, Cena, Taker, Brock or HHH at Wrestlemania then i wont watch it. It'll be a massive two fingers up to the guy. He's an absolute workhorse and deserves a marquee match.

This.

Punk's earned a big time match at Wrestlemania 29, anything other than a match with those mentioned above (or Stone Cold Steve Austin, but's that more likely to happen at Wrestlemania 30) would be a kick in the teeth.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 22 Nov 2012, 10:35 am

There is absolutely no way on earth there will be a fatal four way between Cena, Rock, Brock and Triple H. I think it's a bad idea in so many ways, and WWE simply wouldn't do it.

Mr H, make up your mind. You shoot down anything that comes from 'dirtsheets' but you're happy to report 'articles online'. I know which one I'd sooner trust!

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 22 Nov 2012, 10:43 am

Crips is right there's no chance whatsoever of a fatal four way involving them guys, it just wouldnt happen especially not at Wrestlemania.

I was simply relaying what i read crips, it doesnt mean i agree with it, hence why i wrote 'who knows whats going on'. I take everything i read online with a pinch of salt, albeit whilst clinging onto a glimmer of hope some of it may be true!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Thu 22 Nov 2012, 10:53 am

Hey, don't get me wrong, I doubt it'll happen too.
Just reporting what I've read.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Thu 22 Nov 2012, 1:47 pm

Mr H wrote:I'd be amazed if The Rock didnt win the title at the Rumble. Yeah so he won't be around to defend it at house shows but with the pending release of his GI Joe movie and all of his TV appearances to promote the film how good will it be for the WWE for The Rock to walk onto chatshows being introduced as the WWE Champion holding the WWE Title. Exposure exposure exposure.

Speaking of TV appearances, CM Punk took to twitter on Tuesday to slam the WWE for not promoting his appearance on an upcoming 'Walking Dead' chatshow. Low and behold last night on WWE.com his appearance on the show is now being promoted. There have been articles online that the relationship between Punk and WWE has become frail over the past few weeks and the person who had the row backstage with Vince was actually Punk. It was only a couple of weeks ago that articles spread like wildfire that Punk was set to be in the closing match at Wrestlemania. Who knows what's going on, but all i know is that if Vince was pee'd with Punk and if he wasnt flavour of the month i dont think he would have walked out of Survivor Series at the WWE Champion.

On a separate issue, ive got a strong feeling that Batista is going to return at the Royal Rumble. Wouldnt be suprised to see him put Ryback over at Mania either.

This would make the most logical sense in Vinces' world.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 22 Nov 2012, 2:14 pm

They probably pull something lame like making Punk 'interim champion' where he'd refuse to accept he lost the title and go around claiming he's still the WWE Champion.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Thu 22 Nov 2012, 2:31 pm

I'd be pretty peed off if Rock wins at the Rumble. Punk stays Champion for an entire year beating the best the roster has to offer and firmly cementing his place as the top guy in the company. Only to be beaten for that Championship by a part timer.
I understand the logic with regards to exposure but I think that would ruin a years worth of trust put into Punk. I personally thinks he deserves to run with the title all the way to Mania, have a marquee match and successfully defend yet again. As for what happens after that, whatever, but he's come this far I think he needs to get to Mania at least.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 22 Nov 2012, 2:55 pm

I think it's more respect for Punk for his reign to ended by somebody considered a legend, who beat John Cena at Wrestlemania 28 suggesting he's still got it, than to somebody like Ryback or Dolph Ziggler or John Cena.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 22 Nov 2012, 3:52 pm

I can kinda see Punk vs Lesnar at WrestleMania, with how much Heyman is sucking up Punks ass right now I can easily see Lesnar becoming peed off at him, with Heyman calling Punk the greatest WWE Champion ever I immediately thought this one line had the potential to see Brock return and take issue with that statement

Punk going over Lesnar for the WWE Title at WrestleMania would cement him as the top tier talent he is

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Thu 22 Nov 2012, 4:11 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:I can kinda see Punk vs Lesnar at WrestleMania, with how much Heyman is sucking up Punks ass right now I can easily see Lesnar becoming peed off at him, with Heyman calling Punk the greatest WWE Champion ever I immediately thought this one line had the potential to see Brock return and take issue with that statement

Punk going over Lesnar for the WWE Title at WrestleMania would cement him as the top tier talent he is

Do you think Lesnar would return a face if this was to happen? I could see this being the WM match Punk needs.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 22 Nov 2012, 4:18 pm

Yeah I don't see why not, I think Lesnar would just be himself but as he'd be in dispute with Heyman I think that in itself turns him face, I wouldn't expect to see him kiss any babies ala Cena or become a bit of a smiling backslapper like Orton, I think he'd just be a big angry badass who sees his man Heyman sucking up the ass of the 'flavour of the month' and he's not happy with it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 23 Nov 2012, 12:32 am

I can see Lesnar vs. Punk as well, I think that's probably the plan at the moment.

There are two possibilities for me, you can have Cena vs. Rock for the world title (Rock beats Punk at Rumble, Cena wins Rumble) and CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar

or

Cena vs. Rock vs. CM Punk for world title (Rock beats Punk, Cena wins Rumble, Punk gets title shot some other way) and Brock vs. Triple H.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri 23 Nov 2012, 7:26 am

Punk vs Taker

Think I may have read the same article

The Undertaker comes in as the 30th entrant and wins the rumble. Yes, ‘Taker wins the title from Punk and works a limited schedule through the summer.

Fatal Fourway between Rock vs. John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar vs. Triple would be a New York City Street Fight.

Also had
Ryback vs. Big Show
Fatal Fourway: Sheamus vs. Antonio Cesaro vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Wade Barrett
And a quite random match of;
Mick Foley, Daniel Bryan & Kane vs. Bob Backlund, Damien Sandow & Cody Rhodes in a Hall of Fame Challenge
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 23 Nov 2012, 8:13 am

I think leaving the Title on The Big Show and having Ryback win the Rumble and then win the Title at WrestleMania is the logical idea here to be honest. Big Show is a perfect heel Champion to get a guy over that you want to Cement as a big strong babyface, what better way is there in bringing Ryback to the table thab having him win the Rumble then beat the immovable object at WrestleMania, where everyone else fails Ryback succeeds...

I think Rock will win the WWE Title, I've felt that from RAW1000 when it was announced, for me it's the only logical way Rock/Cena II can happen without it looking like WWE going back on their word so spectacularly, sure Rock/Cena was "once in a lifetime" but if the WWE Titles involved then the Champion and Challenger are bound to a match, who they are could/should/would be coincidental...if it happens to be Rock/Cena again then so be it

That being said, I'm not sure why Punk/Lesnar could fight without the WWE Title, I'd imagine the best way for this feud to work would be to have Heyman continue to call Punk the greatest WWE Champion of all time before Lesner helps him beat The Rock at the Rumble, Lesner could then possibly say he's only Champ because he allowed him to be the Champ...this could lead to Brock entering the Elimination Chamber and winning the #1 contendership for the WWE Title at WrestleMania

If that happened though then what would be the pull for Rock/Cena II? Well if Brock helps Punk at the Rumble Cena could help Rock, Rock could become distracted by Cena so his issues would be with Cena again

It's still a long way off though, right now I think I'd like to see this....

WWE Title Match - CM Punk vs Brock Lesner
The Rock vs John Cena
WHC Title Match - The Big Show vs Ryback
The Undertaker vs Randy Orton (heel)

I also think I'd like to see Daniel Bryan comprehensively beat Kane 1 on 1 at WrestleMania to cement his place as a potential full time upper midcarder/main eventer for the forthcoming year but if they go with Ryback as the new WHC Champ I'd be fearful Bryan would be fed to the wolves while losing his lucrative spot in team Hell No for no great reason

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 23 Nov 2012, 8:23 am

The World Heavyweight Title has had the Royal Rumble winner for a few years in a row now, I think the last time the WWE Title was challenged for was 2009, and so I think the WWE Title should get a Royal Rumble winner sometime soon as it's so clearly the bigger title and the Rumble is on a dangerous precipice after a few years of pretty rubbish feuds for the Rumble winner of losing it's shine.

For me, the Brock/Punk rivalry could work without the title. You've got the Heyman stuff in there, of Brock not happy with him for doing so much with Punk, you could even have Brock tell Punk that he didn't have the balls to leave like Brock did and just accepted the money. I think if Punk goes over The Rock at the Rumble, you leave the Rock/Cena match without the title and it's not looking as interesting any more and quite lazy booking.

I think the idea will be to have Rock beat CM Punk for the title, then The Rock looks like the top dog, Cena beats The Rock at the Royal Rumble to get revenge and to prove he's the best. For me a Cena vs. The Rock match, where The Rock has lost pretty much the only meaningful match he has had apart from the previous 'Mania isn't really very alluring.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 23 Nov 2012, 8:54 am

I know 2009 was the last time the Rumble winner went for the WWE Title but if you look at the recent past, since 2005 when the WWE Title went back to RAW 2009 has been the only time the WWE Title has been chosen for the Rumble winner at WrestleMania and even then that was only really part of the Orton vs McMahon's storyline at that particular time

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 23 Nov 2012, 10:13 am

What's with the Fatal Fourway's?

It just wont happen. They'll never throw away Rock v Cena v HHH v Lesnar in a Fatal Four Way. Its ludicrous to even think they'd book that. They wouldnt even book that for a dark match nevermind at Wrestlemania.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Fri 23 Nov 2012, 10:40 am

VDT wrote:
Punk vs Taker

Think I may have read the same article

The Undertaker comes in as the 30th entrant and wins the rumble. Yes, ‘Taker wins the title from Punk and works a limited schedule through the summer.

Fatal Fourway between Rock vs. John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar vs. Triple would be a New York City Street Fight.

Also had
Ryback vs. Big Show
Fatal Fourway: Sheamus vs. Antonio Cesaro vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Wade Barrett
And a quite random match of;
Mick Foley, Daniel Bryan & Kane vs. Bob Backlund, Damien Sandow & Cody Rhodes in a Hall of Fame Challenge

Ah, you're a Gerweck.net reader too!
It was a nice little card the writer put together. Except for that second Fatal4Way.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 23 Nov 2012, 11:08 am

Mr H wrote:What's with the Fatal Fourway's?

It just wont happen. They'll never throw away Rock v Cena v HHH v Lesnar in a Fatal Four Way. Its ludicrous to even think they'd book that. They wouldnt even book that for a dark match nevermind at Wrestlemania.

It's fantasy booking isn't it? It's the kind of "dream match" people think of but never happens in reality.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 23 Nov 2012, 11:12 am

What like Wrestlemania 2000 with Rock v HHH v Foley v Big Show in a Fatal Four Way?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 23 Nov 2012, 11:46 am

Hero wrote:What like Wrestlemania 2000 with Rock v HHH v Foley v Big Show in a Fatal Four Way?

I was going to bring that up, but that is really the exception rather than the rule. Fatal Four Way matches just aren't a common occurrence, particularly not in the main event of Wrestlemania.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 23 Nov 2012, 11:51 am

Very much so but WM2000 was considered a big deal with the year etc and then they decided that the way to bring the mass audience in was to go with a fourway main event, it's been 12 years since so possibly time for it to happen again?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri 23 Nov 2012, 12:03 pm

Was that not all developed because of the botched rumble ending?

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Fri 23 Nov 2012, 12:06 pm

I love the idea of the fatal four way at Wrestlemania.
The Attitude Era became great because WWF was forced to push new guys, get over new talent and deliver a different product. This is what they need to be doing now. Not giving pay cheques to part timers and has beens.

Rock and Brock will garner PPV buys just by being on the card. Do they deserve a single marquee match? What have they done in the last 8 years that warrants them getting the top spot over CM Punk or any other high end work horse for the company?

Stick them in the same match. Use those extra viewers to get over new talent. Don't waste Daniel Bryan in a squash match. Use the event to get over, I dunno, Justin Gabriel. Remember how WM10 did wonders for Owen Hart? Remember how him and Bret stole the show? They could do the same here for a lower midcarder if they want to. Wasting up to 4 separate matches on Undertaker, Rock, Brock and HHH is a short term fix but a long term mistake.

Last edited by Kid Vicious on Fri 23 Nov 2012, 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 23 Nov 2012, 12:08 pm

What happens to Ziggles if Ryback wins the Rumble and Big Show maintains his run? Failed cash in? I'd rather Ryback be involved in the WWE title.

If you're booking a 4 way match I'd have Ryback v Punk v Cena v The Rock. I could easily see them splitting that as into two singles matches in various forms.

Then Lesnar v Taker and maybe heel Orton to kick up an old feud with Triple H, maybe with Hunter having to return to stop him from punting everyone. Although it seems to me like WWE want Lesnar v HHH again.

Maybe Miz v Ziggler.

Intrigues me to see what WWE do with Sheamus. He figures in no ones plans but they've pushed him massively, you'd think they would give him a big match, probably bigger than a Barrett feud (I like Barrett but they have yet to push him to that level).

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 23 Nov 2012, 12:20 pm

Hero wrote:What like Wrestlemania 2000 with Rock v HHH v Foley v Big Show in a Fatal Four Way?

Yeah and how much did that suck.

Also they were all full time wrestlers then, if they booked Punk v Cena v Orton v Sheamus then fair enough but The Rock and Brock Lesnar are part timers and massive star draws and i cant believe for a minute they'd chuck them both in a fatal four way. Not to mention its just lazy ass booking.

I wouldnt even call it a fantasy match either, i'd hate it.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by graeme_4 Fri 23 Nov 2012, 12:58 pm

I'd love to see this on the card:

• Punk vs Lesnar (WWE Title) - could come through the Heyman connection or who is the 'best in the world', Brock as a face, maybe the Shield in Punk's corner?

• Rock vs HHH (for old times sake) - I'm sure both guys would love this, plus HHH can put Rock over without complaints over a 'part-timer' winning

• Cena vs Undertaker - only person I see on the roster with a legitimate chance of taking the streak, hence the only exciting match-up for 'Taker

• Ryberg vs Big Show (World Title) - Ryback wins, following this Ziggler cashes in on Ryback and loses

• Hell No vs Rhodes Scolars vs PTP vs Rey/Cara (or Tyson Kid & Gabriel) (Tag titles)

• Cesaro vs Orton vs Miz (US Title)

• Sheamus vs Barrett (cage match, or some other gimmick)

Sure I've probably missed some key people out, and only threw Orton in with Miz and Cesaro as I can think of literally nothing to do with him!

graeme_4

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 23 Nov 2012, 1:32 pm

What happens to Ziggles if Ryback wins the Rumble and Big Show maintains his run? Failed cash in?

Who says he has to cash It in by then? To be honest I don't really feel him just now, he needs to start using the superkick as his finisher, maybe then I'll like him, that ZigZag is Attitude Adjuster kinda bad

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 23 Nov 2012, 2:11 pm

A few weeks back it seemed that The Undertaker may well not feature at Wrestlemania and at that point the Punk/Cena/Rock Triple Threat for the WWE Title and HHH v Brock II appeared to be the way forward. I completely would have expected this to be what they'd go with. But Taker seems to have thrown a spanner in the works by declaring he is ready to go for a Wrestlemania programme. I can't see HHH v Brock II not happening but the question for me is who would face Taker? I cant decide.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 23 Nov 2012, 2:25 pm

Mr H wrote:But Taker seems to have thrown a spanner in the works by declaring he is ready to go for a Wrestlemania programme. I can't see HHH v Brock II not happening but the question for me is who would face Taker? I cant decide.

What about Cena as someone above said he is one of the only legitimate threats to the streak left, it would be a new angle compared to the hbk and hhh rematches that have been done over the past 4 years.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 23 Nov 2012, 2:30 pm

I think that with John Cena, The Rock, CM Punk, Brock Lesnar, maybe Triple H the Undertaker match doesn't have to be as much of a headline as it has been in previous years so it doesn't need somebody like Cena, I'd like to see Daniel Bryan or Randy Orton given the match.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 23 Nov 2012, 2:38 pm

Crimey wrote:I think that with John Cena, The Rock, CM Punk, Brock Lesnar, maybe Triple H the Undertaker match doesn't have to be as much of a headline as it has been in previous years so it doesn't need somebody like Cena, I'd like to see Daniel Bryan or Randy Orton given the match.

True, however if the rock is occupied with punk and the wwe title and Brock is taken up with HHH then why not? Lets not forget that the streak is massive massive draw and vince wouldn't pass up the opportunity to sell more PPV's. personally I don't think you can have to many big matches at wm

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 23 Nov 2012, 2:39 pm

Crimey wrote:I think that with John Cena, The Rock, CM Punk, Brock Lesnar, maybe Triple H the Undertaker match doesn't have to be as much of a headline as it has been in previous years so it doesn't need somebody like Cena, I'd like to see Daniel Bryan or Randy Orton given the match.

True, however if the rock is occupied with punk and the wwe title and Brock is taken up with HHH then why not? Lets not forget that the streak is massive massive draw and vince wouldn't pass up the opportunity to sell more PPV's. personally I don't think you can have to many big matches at wm

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 23 Nov 2012, 2:40 pm

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 23 Nov 2012, 2:43 pm

Have no idea why that posted three times! I obviously really wanted to get my point accross!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 23 Nov 2012, 3:47 pm

MtotheC wrote:

I don't think we're going to see Rock vs. Punk at the Rumble and 'Mania, I am certain that John Cena will be facing The Rock, the only question is whether CM Punk and/or the world title is involved IMO.

I think this year, as they have enough to sell the PPV on without having to rely on the streak they should use it to get somebody else over, whether that be Daniel Bryan or lifting Orton back to the main event as a heel.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 23 Nov 2012, 4:30 pm

Why do people still read into reports that 'Taker might not make WrestleMania' it does the rounds every single year, he'll make it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 23 Nov 2012, 4:43 pm

After reaching the big 20-0 and the epic End of an Era match I think its more the case of whether he'd want to Gaffer. The booking, storytelling and match itself is going to have to be very strong to maintain the lofty standards of the last 4 years. I'd be stoked if Punk got a shot at it and Taker put him over without putting him over, if you know what i mean.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 23 Nov 2012, 4:46 pm

I don't think it's a about the number, its about the money, people see The Undertaler as this big paragone of virtue of the WWE, I've never bought it, he'll be there to take his more than big enough slice of the pie and he'lll do it every year until the day he retires and when he does retire it will be at the end of a storyline fitting of someone who's had such a long successful career, he won't just not turn up one year

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Fri 23 Nov 2012, 5:01 pm

Kid Vicious wrote:I love the idea of the fatal four way at Wrestlemania.
The Attitude Era became great because WWF was forced to push new guys, get over new talent and deliver a different product. This is what they need to be doing now. Not giving pay cheques to part timers and has beens.

Rock and Brock will garner PPV buys just by being on the card. Do they deserve a single marquee match? What have they done in the last 8 years that warrants them getting the top spot over CM Punk or any other high end work horse for the company?

Stick them in the same match. Use those extra viewers to get over new talent. Don't waste Daniel Bryan in a squash match. Use the event to get over, I dunno, Justin Gabriel. Remember how WM10 did wonders for Owen Hart? Remember how him and Bret stole the show? They could do the same here for a lower midcarder if they want to. Wasting up to 4 separate matches on Undertaker, Rock, Brock and HHH is a short term fix but a long term mistake.
OK

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next