The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alex's Special Fight Reviewz - Weekends Action - 1st December

+4
Seanusarrilius
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Steffan
AlexHuckerby
8 posters

Go down

Alex's Special Fight Reviewz - Weekends Action - 1st December Empty Alex's Special Fight Reviewz - Weekends Action - 1st December

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:28 am

I tried to make it all hip going with the "Z" in Reviews.

Gonna start doing these every week, or at least try depending on how busy I am and stoof.

Also we can use these as the Live discussion threads aswell.

So, Alex's incredible special fight reviews for the weekend continues.

Tyson Fury Vs. Kevin Johnson - Heavyweight - Belfast - Channel 5

Tyson Fury's step up fight to supposed world class opposition. Or at least that's what Fat Mick will have you believe. Whilst it is indeed a fact that Kevin Johnson has been in a world title fight, it is also a fact that his stock plummeted down the toilet in said fight when he came out with a VERY negative performance against Vitali Klitschko a few years back. Since thenhe hasn't really fought anyone of note and lost in Prizefighter. Not QUITE sounding all too "World Class" Mick. Nevertheless the man is without a shadow of a doubt a step up from the Maddalone's of this world and Johnson at the very least has some genuine pedigree. Fury has made some massive improvements this year, for one he hasn't uppercutted himself in the face and two he has actually stopped coming into the ring looking like a fat mess. Well done Mr. Fury. Couple of questions come to mind such as, can Fury keep his mind on the job tonight with the "Scouse plumber" fighting last night given his recent... Outbursts shall we call it? Also how will Fury react to fighting someone he may actually struggle to hit and who could prove to be frustrating for Tyson?

My fight prediction: Fury Late Stoppage. Think Fury will wear Johnson down who I think may perhaps be getting on a tad now, though he will have a couple of problems with him early on.

Alex's Special Fight Review: A 4 Star Fight.

Chris Eubank Jr Vs. Bradley Pryce - Middleweight - Belfast - Channel 5

Good step up in opponent for Eubank Jr. here. For all the time we spend cracking jokes at Fat Micks expense it seems he's got his little stable not doing too badly and moving the likes of Fury, Degale and Eubank Jr. in particular along nicely with bouts that will do them some genuine good. Pryce is a man with very good experience in and around British Title Level and has seemingly been around for yonks now. He was soundly outclassed by the ever improving Billy Joe Saunders last time out, but there's no shame in that. I would also perhaps allude to a little point that Pryce has mainly fought at LMW most of his career and isn't really a MW, however he should provide a genuine test, will be looking to upset the apple cart and has enough to ask a few questions of young Chris and hopefully we should find out a little more about the seemingly bright prospect.

My fight prediction - Chris Eubank Jr. Points. Just too much youth for Pryce who has seen better days and isn't really a Middleweight.

Alex's Special Fight Review: A 3 Star Fight.

Miguel Cotto Vs. Austin Trout - Light Middleweight - New York - Showtime & BoxNation

Well this is the main event of the evening in my view. Cotto will be looking to win this and I shall be rooting him onto win this to HOPEFULLY set up a clash we all want to see in another Mexico Vs. Puerto Rico major fight in Alvarez and Cotto. I'm feeling naughty just thinking about it.

Cotto wil be desperate to get back to winning ways after the warrior-like but unsuccessful attempt at dethroning Floyd Mayweather. However, he ain't the only guy in the ring (No, seriously) "No Doubt" Trout will be seeing this as a major opportunity to go big time with a win over the vastly popular Cotto. For me the difference in this fight will be experience, I just get a feeling this may be a couple of fights too soon for Trout, who hasn't really fought at this level. He has a couple of decent wins on his ledger as of recently, however nowhere near the echelons of the Cotto League. Trout is a big LMW, with a relatively sound defense, and enough guile to cause Cotto plenty of problems.

Cotto is most certainly not a natural 154lber however I don't think this will show on the night, as Cotto has turned from a good pressure fighter into a good boxer who has added lots of dimensions to his game. One thing that I have noticed in watching Trout is that occassionally he looks as though he is open to a left hook to the body, INCIDENTALLY, that just so happens to be Cotto's best punch! You can't write this stuff, oh wait...

My Fight Prediction - Cotto Tough Points Win (With a possible late stoppage through wearing Trout down) Just think Cotto's class and elite level experience will see him through nicely, with having a better shot selection and more dimensions to his game than Trout, however I cannot see it being easy.

Alex's Special Fight Review - A 5 Star Fight.

Danny Jacobs Vs.Chris Fitzpatrick - Middleweight - New York - Showtime & BoxNation

Not a mouthwatering contest by any means, but Danny Jacobs is on the come back trail and you have to commend the guy. He got sparked in one of the Knockouts of the year in 2010 by Pirog, and then had to battle cancer, full credit to him for still going. Don't know anything about Fitzpatrick having never seen him fight but a quick glance at Boxrec tells me he's an opponent to keep Jacobs active and still getting back into the swing of things. A nice little story that Jacobs can keep going after all his troubles.

Alex's Fight Prediction - A bit of a shot in the dark considering I know nothing of Fitzpatrick but I'll go with a Jacobs UD.

Alex's Special Fight Review - A 2 Star Fight.

Thoughts lads?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Alex's Special Fight Reviewz - Weekends Action - 1st December Empty Re: Alex's Special Fight Reviewz - Weekends Action - 1st December

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:44 pm

Wow, this has gone down even better than I anticipated!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Alex's Special Fight Reviewz - Weekends Action - 1st December Empty Re: Alex's Special Fight Reviewz - Weekends Action - 1st December

Post by Steffan Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:10 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Wow, this has gone down even better than I anticipated!!
Shouldnt you be cleaning someones toilet and that? Get back to work

Only joking Alex its a good thead

Lets hope Trout wins hey

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:15 pm

Ha, not a chance.

What can you possibly have against Cotto?!

He's a beautiful human being!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:41 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Ha, not a chance.

What can you possibly have against Cotto?!

He's a beautiful human being!
He is a self righteous douchbag

Other than that I like Trout anyway

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:59 pm

Fury fight about to start anyone watching????

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:02 pm

Yeah I got it on. Lets hope Fury can do the job he is The Isles best hope of a world Heavyweight champion

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:07 pm

More so than Price?

Eubank Jr. first.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:10 pm

Seriously what weight is Eubank looking to campaign at, this fight and his last few have been between 162-164lbs. Is he a middleweight or a supermiddle as I think he should campaign at 160 to make up for his lack of power and how he isn't that tall

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:11 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:More so than Price?

Eubank Jr. first.
Yeah I rate Fury more than Price and think he will go further

Eubank will win iv never rated Bradley

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:20 pm

Jr looking impressive

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:25 pm

Let his foot off the gas there and probably lost the round

He has good handspeed and a good jab but I want him to sit down a little more on his punches as he slaps a bit and should be using his considerable size advantage to see if he can discourage Pruce from coming forward

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:29 pm

This is a good fight boys!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:46 pm

80-73?? Definatley not. Wish eubank had more power! I quite like him ability wise.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:46 pm

What a shock another stupidly wide card...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:46 pm

My thoughts exactly lfc...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:50 pm

Dont get me wrong Eubank Jnr deserved to win but with scoring like that you cant help but feel the judges had already made their mind up before the bout...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:50 pm

I think pryce definately won 2 rounds and eubank don't look like he hurt Pryce any time throughout the fight despite hitting him wit some really good shots

Eubank has still got a lot to improve on and that is to be expected but Saunders is a league above him as Saunders made light work of Pryce not losing a minute of any if the 12 rounds

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:52 pm

I had it about 5-3 eubank.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:16 pm

Fury looking real good!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:17 pm

Looking very sharp and his jab has really improved

Yet to land cleanly on Johnson but looks to be the boss atm

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:24 pm

Weird 4th Fury going through the motions it seemed.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:26 pm

Better round from Johnson and I'll probably give him it

Johnson seems happy to take Fury's jab to his guard and isn't afraid of his power and is movig forward

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:29 pm

Not for me Fury landing too clean on Johnson. All 5 to Fury.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:36 pm

Jeez...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:45 pm

Crowd really not enjoying this.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:52 pm

Love the analysis kid......improvement on Woodhall... Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:07 pm

Impressed with Fury, thought he boxed really well. Forget the crowd, those Irish clearly don't know their boxing if they think Fury was doing something wrong there...he boxed professionally. showed good fitness, a sharp jab and decent handspeed. Fair play to him, a big improvement in concentration and onwards and upwards. A job well done.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:18 pm

Well done Alex...nice to see a kid full of enthusiasm for the sport.....

I remember when I lived and breathed it in the early-mid 80s...

Hope your enthusiasm lasts....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:21 pm

I can never quite measure you Truss, taking jibes at me in one thread, complimenting me in another. Headscratch

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:59 am

Cotto starting

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:11 am

Round by round updates for the nightshifters please? Smile

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down