The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England Best Home nations side BY MILES - if not WORLD

+11
AlastairW
MrsP
Mr Taff
drsambo1928
maestegmafia
majesticimperialman
fa0019
aitchw
Mr Bounce
Higher_Ground
sausage1966
15 posters

Go down

England Best Home nations side BY MILES - if not WORLD Empty England Best Home nations side BY MILES - if not WORLD

Post by sausage1966 Sat 01 Dec 2012, 6:52 pm

Well done for beating New Zealand today - an immense effort which was only marred by the tag as favourites. Nevertheless - a great effort. After the immense dominance in the 6 Nations it has to be said that England are probably the best team in the world at the moment. A sublime effort - well done ladies.

sausage1966

Back to top Go down

England Best Home nations side BY MILES - if not WORLD Empty Re: England Best Home nations side BY MILES - if not WORLD

Post by Higher_Ground Sat 01 Dec 2012, 8:44 pm

England best home nations side 'by world'?
Curious.
Fantastic win today, England just seem to have it against the SH sides. Hope they can kick on and become a force again.
The ingredients seem to be there.

Higher_Ground

Back to top Go down

England Best Home nations side BY MILES - if not WORLD Empty Re: England Best Home nations side BY MILES - if not WORLD

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 01 Dec 2012, 8:46 pm

3 times in a row against the World Champs. Well done girls thumbsup

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 01 Dec 2012, 8:47 pm

PS Nice to see you again Sausage! Very Happy

Also pleased someone's giving credit where it's due to the girls OK

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by aitchw Sat 01 Dec 2012, 8:49 pm

The girls have been brilliant for ages and this series just proves how good they really are. Top of the tree right now. Well done. Reckon the guys just couldn't let you have all the glory.

aitchw

http://www.winmax-leisure.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Sat 01 Dec 2012, 8:54 pm

Raised a smile.... I bet that stoked the fires of some upset posters. Genius.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

England Best Home nations side BY MILES - if not WORLD Empty A Double Header this week end for England.

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 01 Dec 2012, 10:52 pm

First of all well done to the ENGLAND man's team for beating the All Blacks today

Secondly Well done to the English woman for beating the NZ Ladies team.

This is the best day in the life/s of many an Ednglish man did to what you do rtujme

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 02 Dec 2012, 12:49 am

Well done ladies. Taking women's rugby to new levels of excellence.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by drsambo1928 Sun 02 Dec 2012, 1:26 pm

Well done England and they deserve credit for beating the All blacks. But the worst thing that England fans can do is to get really over confident. Instead, view the victory as a stepping stone to greater things, because, well, there will be tough games in the six nations after all.

drsambo1928

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Taff Sun 02 Dec 2012, 1:28 pm

Only two countries take women's rugby seriously; NZ and England. Not much of an achievement.

Mr Taff

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun 02 Dec 2012, 1:38 pm

You didn't catch as many as I thought you might!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Sun 02 Dec 2012, 3:11 pm

i live sontes throw from where the ladies were playing, but never would have made it back in time to see them play.

Good game England women's team! thumbsup

AlastairW

Location : Moustache twirling, cloak swishing, cackling evil English panto bad guy. The Great Destroyer of the HC.

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sun 02 Dec 2012, 3:18 pm

Mr Taff wrote:Only two countries take women's rugby seriously; NZ and England. Not much of an achievement.

But they beat the only other side that takes it seriously so that really doesn't make any sense. It's like saying beating Australia at League isn't an achievement.

Last edited by HammerofThunor on Sun 02 Dec 2012, 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 02 Dec 2012, 3:23 pm

AlastairW wrote:i live sontes throw from where the ladies were playing, but never would have made it back in time to see them play.

I thought you saw the curtain raiser for the women's game?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Sun 02 Dec 2012, 3:28 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
AlastairW wrote:i live sontes throw from where the ladies were playing, but never would have made it back in time to see them play.

I thought you saw the curtain raiser for the women's game?

I did indeed! Major blag of tickets from the Stoop the night before. Best blag of my life to day i have to say! ..... Then i went and got plastered Yahoo

My head really hurts today Sad

AlastairW

Location : Moustache twirling, cloak swishing, cackling evil English panto bad guy. The Great Destroyer of the HC.

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Tue 04 Dec 2012, 12:50 pm

Mr Taff wrote:Only two countries take women's rugby seriously; NZ and England. Not much of an achievement.

Not sure about that. Reece Priestland was trying real hard two weeks ago against NZ. Hug

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcanelion Tue 04 Dec 2012, 9:50 pm

Not sure about that. NZ have been guilty of not supporting the women's game over the last 5 or so years. They seem to be picking up the ball again now. We've hardly played an international since the world cup. With the next world cup looming and the new sevens tournament it will hopefully improve.

England are the deserve no 1 side in the world at the moment. It's worth noting that the two side had different priorities going into the weekends match. NZ focused on the sevens and England on the 15's. It meant that many of NZ's top womens players weren't on the England tour and that many of England's top players weren't in Dubai.

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down