The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 6 - Predictions revealed

4 posters

Go down

Round 6 - Predictions revealed Empty Round 6 - Predictions revealed

Post by kamran Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:34 pm

Kamran

Benfica 1 - 1 Lazio
Van Persie ---- Wilian

Benfica started this game with real aggression and ambition as they attacked from kick off and gave Lazio lots to think about. Silva was not picked up and he played a clever pass to slip in Van Persie, who tonked it home. Benfica nearly scored a quick double but Terry bravely headed off the line. Lazio slowly gained more control now and second half they dictated the pace with Pirlo pulling the strings. It was Vidal that surged forward and cut back to Wilian who curled it past the keeper for the equaliser.
-------
Porto 2 - 0 Roma
Tevez
Sneijder

Porto were ruthless today as they created a few chances but the clear cut ones were blasted home by both Tevez and Sneijder. Porto didnt let Roma get a foothold on the gamewhatsoever and kept rushing them into rash passes to disrupt their flow. Roma did create a great chance when Carzola fed Osvaldo but he smashed the bar instead.
------

Newcastle 1 - 2 Valencia
Pique -------------- Neymar, Robben

Valencia were ecstatic about winning this game against a mighty team like Newcastle. Both teams were feeling each other out first half and not many clear cut chances were created. 2nd half was a totally different story as both teams went for the win and Valencia struck first. Drogba shielding the ball and allowing Neymar to toe-poke home. Newcastle piled on the pressure and Pique banged home a powersul header from Ben Arfa's corner. Newcastle looked to have the momentum but they left gaps which Neymar exploited when he dazzled past Busquets and then found Robben in space who curled it past the keeper for the winner.
-----------

Schalke 2 - 1 Napoli
Pablo ------------- Hamsik
Goetze

Schalke had to thank the linesman for this win as Goetze was 2 yards offside and then goal was given. Earlier on Pablo scored from a tight angle but Napoli struck back when Cavani flicked the ball to Lavezzi and he unselfishly cut back to Hamsik and he had an easy goal to score. Both teams were cautious but Goetze produced a brilliant skill, dummying the ball and going around Veratti before unleashing a 20 yard rocket that was unstoppable.

CaptainUnited

Benfica 2-1 Lazio
silva,rvp
hazard
Couples of good signing by Benfica this week which helped them to secure a win. RVP's header gave benfica
the lead in the 1st half and Silva's strike made it 2-0 in the second half after breaking a strong Lazio defense
however hazard caused problems for Benfica who managed to score but was too late Both teams came close
to score when Rvp miss judged the ball from nasri and headed wide and it was Hazard who hit the cross bar.

Spurs 1-1 Atletico Madrid
mata
suarez
A good game overall, Two best teams of the league playing each other however the match was ended in a draw.
Athletico continued to press after the break but it was spurs who broke the deadlock in the 54th minute when
suarez found the back of the net,however madrid equalized minutes later when modric's amazing through ball found
mata which was chipped over the goalkeeper and found the back off the net

Schalke 1-1 Napoli
villa
cavani
A nice performance from both sides saw them divide the points between themselves and some good goalkeeping
from both keepers to prevent more goals. Schalke took an early lead when goetze's cross found villa which was
chipped over the goalkeeper and found the back off the net. Napoli however came strong in the second half and
a moment off brilliance from cavani who scored with a mazy run and a tidy finish into the corner of the net.

Newcastle 1-2 Valencia
ibra
drogba,neymar
Again a very good and close game in which valencia had to come from behind to win with Neymar and drogba scoring
for valencia. It was Newcastle who scored first when ibra put them infront with a strong run and snap shot past Buffon.
however Valencia did managed to score later in the second half when robben found neymar who tapped in to level the game
and Minutes later it was drogba who headed in unmarked in the centre of goal.

Marky
Porto v Roma - An improvement for Roma with their recent transfer dealings, but they do still need to improve their defence. Porto have added more to their midfield with Wilshere and the partnership of Schweinsteiger and Wilshere looks good. Porto have the marginally stronger defence, the stronger midfield and the marginally stronger attack, so it leads to a comfortable win.
Porto 2-0 Roma
(Tevez, Ribery)

Spurs v Atletico - Spurs improve their defence with Kompany but now need to improve Gallas to have a world class CB pairing. Just a shame they signed M'Vila, who is nothing but hype, Spurs need a better DM to stand a chance. I would also argue Lennon could be improved on but not as much of a priority. Aitletico have some big names but Puyol and Rio need improving on at the back, as neither has age on their side. The game was good, but Atletico's midfield was stronger, even with Cambiasso, Yaya carries him through. Modric drifts in and out and M'Vila is useless. Yaya is the key difference as Atletico edge a 3-2 win, with both teams' strikers on form.
Spurs 1-3 Atletico
(Higuain) (Falcao, Yaya, Suarez)

Newcastle v Valencia - Massive oversight by Hero, in playing Marchisio who has left the club. Essentially playing with 10 men, they're always struggling against the spine of Chiellini, Xavi, Neymar and Drogba. I still feel Valencia need to improve on Drogba, but the signing of Neymar is inspired and could well prove to be decisive in Valencia's season. Sanchez, Lamela and Ben Arfa still create chances for Ibrahimovic for Newcastle, but with only Busquets in midfield they are caught out defensively time and time again.
Newcastle 2-2 Valencia
(Ibrahimovic, Ben Arfa) (Neymar, Navas)

Schalke v Napoli - Schalke improving going forward but missing Alonso and Reus, and need to bring in replacements or the team suffers. Napoli fortunate to not lose any of their front three to injury, but I feel they missed Maggio as Insigne at RM is too attacking, plus with everyone else improving their team, I feel Napoli need to chance tactically to keep up as the back three isn't working for them, it works in Serie A but it isn't working at a higher level which this league with it's players arguably is. A good game though, both sides scoring goals and neither overly strong in stopping them. Verratti supplying Cavani/Hamsik/Lavezzi is mouthwatering, and Gotze and Draxler supplying Villa is good but not quite as powerful.
Schalke 3-4 Napoli
(Villa x2, Gotze) (Cavani x2, Hamsik, Lavezzi)

Hero

Benfica v Lazio
1-2
RVP - Willian, Hazard
Marky mentions that he judges players very much on current form over reputation to which I agree but on that basis how can I judge Abidal? Nasri too just hasn't ever really clicked into gear since joining City and is widely speculated to under threat once City make their next splurge in the transfer market. Lazio's middle doesn't gel too much for me, but I do like the attacking force of Hazard and Willian.

Porto v Roma
2-0
Tevez, Pedro
Roma have turned the corner certainly with the signings of Cazorla and Marchisio but there's still work to be done, Porto meanwhile are going about buying the 2008 dream team but its still proving too strong for a Roma team on the rebuild.

Spurs v Atletico
2-2
Bale, Higuain - Falcao x2
Both sides have quite a mixture of quality and question marks, the likes of Gallas and M'Vila for Spurs and the likes of Godin at LB and Ozil at LW. Bale would tear Godin a new one in that role but at the same time Yaya would stamp over M'Vila so both sides get a point.

Schalke v Napoli
2-3
Gotze, Villa - Cavani, Lavezzi, Verratti
Anyone who looks at that Napoli side and doesn't see the class going forward needs their head examined especially with Verratti pulling the strings. Schalke too have a player who is massively back in form in Gotze so it made for a hugely exciting game.

CF

Benfica vs Lazio: 2-2

Toulaulan Nasri Vidal,Bertrand

Spurs vs Atheltico: 2-2

Gallas Higuain Suarez Godin

Newcastle vs Valencia: 2-3

Montoya Collocini Chiellini Neymar Baines

Schalke vs Napoli: 2-2

Mertsecacker Villa Inler Ogbonna

Cor Guvnor Blimey
Benfica 2 - 1 Lazio
RvP ----------- Huntelaar
Silva

Lazio look to be struggling with some of their injuries and despite the presence of a number of quality players they were second best to a stronger Benfica side today whose midfield and strike options proved the difference. Benfica need to strengthen at fullback and it was here where Lazio had most joy with their two exciting wingers causing the Benfica fullbacks problems all match. Indeed that was the route for Lazio's consolation goal but by that time the match was over as RvP and Silva notched either side of the break to establish a 2 goal lead.

Porto 2 - 0 Roma
Pedro
Tevez

Porto are the stronger side across the park with the excpetion of the fullback area where Roma look better but where it really matters, there is no contest. Porto have a strong midfield, good wide men and a quality striker in Tevez. Roma battled hard but could not hold out for the 90 minutes as two second half goals did the damage.

Tottenham 1 - 1 Atletico Madrid
Higuain ---------- Falcao

These are two decent sides who balanced each other out today with a draw a fair outcome. Both could do with strengthening areas of defence and I'd still prefer to see Ozil more central where he can dictate play more but overall a quality side at Atletico. Spurs have a nice balance. Lennon could be improved upon as could M'Vila but they are not weaknesses as such, just not quite the same quality elsewhere.

Newcastle 1 - 1 Valencia
Ibra --------------- Neymar

Valencia are the stronger of the two sides on show today for me but, as I said last week, I don't think they can rely on Drogba getting them goals every week these days. The addition of Neymar is quality and if they can find a good striker they will be a force. Newcastle have suffered with injuries and their second string are not of the same quality. They do have Ibra up fron though and he proved again what a difference he can make when on form as he nabbed a late equaliser to take a point.

Pullthestrings

Benfica 1 - 0 lazio

Porto 1 - 0 Roma

Newcastle 2 - 1 Valencia

Schalke 3 - 1 Napoli

Hodgey

Benfica 1-1 Lazio
RvP : Huntelaar

Lazio have the more balanced side but Benfica's firepower allowed them to get back into the game. van Persie is the best striker in the world at present and they also have Silva and Nasri whilst being solid at the back, but Abidal needs improving.

===

Porto 2-0 Roma
Sneijder, Ribery

Not many sides are going to beat Porto, and Roma, facing relegation, are one of the last sides you'd expect to take points from the Portuguese. Ribery and Tevez were in fine form today but Porto need to strengthen at the back, particularly fullbacks.

===

Spurs 1-1 Atletico Madrid
Mata : Suarez

Both of these teams have a strong spine but both also need to improve in certain areas, so a draw was a fair result. Jaaskelainen can't cut it at this level for Atletico, whereas Gallas is more than past-it at the back for Tottenham.

===

Schalke 1-0 Napoli
Gotze

Shaky victory for Guv's side but the duo of Gotze and Villa have just enough about them to spur Schalke to victory. Napoli need improvement - still - but will be relatively proud of their performance and ability to keep it at 1 goal. Schalke looked depleted, though.

Sodhat
Benfica 1-3 Lazio
Silva; Hazard, Vidal, Willian

Porto 2-1 Roma
Tevez, Ribery; Marchisio

Spurs 2-1 Atletico Madrid
Higuain x2; Falcao

Newcastle 2-1 Valencia
Ben Arfa, Ibra; Neymar

Last edited by kamran on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total

kamran

Back to top Go down

Round 6 - Predictions revealed Empty Re: Round 6 - Predictions revealed

Post by kamran Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:39 pm

Any predos that has injured players as the goalscorers will be taken away.

kamran

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:47 pm

Newcastle v Valencia - Massive oversight by Hero, in playing Marchisio who has left the club. Essentially playing with 10 men, they're always struggling against the spine of Chiellini, Xavi, Neymar and Drogba. I still feel Valencia need to improve on Drogba, but the signing of Neymar is inspired and could well prove to be decisive in Valencia's season. Sanchez, Lamela and Ben Arfa still create chances for Ibrahimovic for Newcastle, but with only Busquets in midfield they are caught out defensively time and time again.
Newcastle 2-4 Valencia
(Ibrahimovic, Ben Arfa) (Neymar, Navas, Robben, Xavi)

I played Montolivo the AC Milan player, not Marchisio the Juventus onebtw, I never had Marchisio in my team list so cheers for the loss by not reading properly.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:17 pm

Apologies for no predos fellas. So busy at work till the 14th.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by kamran Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:22 pm

Cheers for letting us know Luke

kamran

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:18 pm

Hero, I think you lost anyway, so while I apologise for the oversight, I don't think revoting will change much.

Kam, my vote changes are to change the Spurs score to 1-3 without Mata's goal, and the Newcastle game is 2-2.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by kamran Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:39 am

Marky - I think you man Atletico 3 -1 whilst Newcastle 2-2.

I'll get that amended

kamran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down