The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ryan or Freeman over the playoff run-in

4 posters

Go down

Ryan or Freeman over the playoff run-in Empty Ryan or Freeman over the playoff run-in

Post by SuperTanker Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:04 am

So... I've made it to the playoffs in my other 14-team league, but I'm definitely an underdog and thinking about what I can do to strengthen (No trade deadline in the league);

Full team below, but basically was wondering who you would rate higher for the next two weeks (actually four weeks) out of Matty Ice and Josh freeman. Ryan has got me this far, but jsut think his performances are sliding at the moment, whilst Freeman is sitting on the bench of another team behind Brady, and pretty sure he'd take a trade - perhaps just a straight swap. Question is - am I crazy trying to trade Ryan for Freeman in the playoffs?! And is it good to have the QB and RB from the same side?

M Ryan
D Martin
D McFadden / B Powell / M Owens (& also Grant)
A.J. Green
B Marshall
J Gordon / TY Hilton / M Crabtree (& Mike Thomas [Det])
M Lewis
Browns DSt / Bengals DST
S Graham

Playing against: Peyton Manning, Ridley, Dwyer, Megatron, Nicks, Wallace / Mike Williams [TB] / Givens, Myers, Bears DST, Lindell

Any thoughts very welcome!

SuperTanker

Back to top Go down

Ryan or Freeman over the playoff run-in Empty Re: Ryan or Freeman over the playoff run-in

Post by Derbyblue Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:48 am

I think Freeman has weeks 14 and 15 easier than Ryan (though Ryan should do pretty well against Giants), but Ryan has weeks 16 and 17 far easier than Freeman does. Ryan probably won't get as many points as Freeman this week but over the stretch of weeks 14 to 17 he should outscore Freeman.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Ryan or Freeman over the playoff run-in Empty Re: Ryan or Freeman over the playoff run-in

Post by Pr4wn Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:50 am

Has the trade deadline not passed?

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperTanker Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:50 am

No - no trade deadline in this league. Trades are very few and far between so doing everything to actively encourage them. No deadline, and no review period.

Made the mistake last year of trading Calvin Johnson for Ryan Mathews for the last 3 weeks as I was so short at RB. Right on cue, megatron explodes in the last 3 games, my other WR's bust and Mathews gets injured. Finished 4th by 2 points in the last week with Flynn on my bench, so really want to finish higher this year.

Cheers derby - what I was thinking, but given the Falcons are 11-1 I don't know how much Ryan will be throwing it in those two weeks....

SuperTanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:04 am

SuperTanker wrote:Cheers derby - what I was thinking, but given the Falcons are 11-1 I don't know how much Ryan will be throwing it in those two weeks....
Completely hadn't thought of that! Guess there is that possibility but I don't think you go to your division rival without your full team, plus with Matt Ryan having lost previously in the playoffs they may want to take him in full of confidence so not bench him.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:32 am

I'd still keep Ryan Smile

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down