The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sean Edwards to stand in as Wales Head Coach in Summer?

5 posters

Go down

Sean Edwards to stand in as Wales Head Coach in Summer? Empty Sean Edwards to stand in as Wales Head Coach in Summer?

Post by LondonTiger Fri 07 Dec 2012, 3:57 pm

Like many I was a touch surprised that Gatland selected Farrell over Edwards - especially when you consider the work they have done together. Perhaps it was to allow Edwards to step up to the top job for the summer tour?

If not, with Howley going to Aus, who else may get it?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Sean Edwards to stand in as Wales Head Coach in Summer? Empty Re: Sean Edwards to stand in as Wales Head Coach in Summer?

Post by majesticimperialman Fri 07 Dec 2012, 5:22 pm

Mcbride perhaps? Sorry Run

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Sean Edwards to stand in as Wales Head Coach in Summer? Empty Re: Sean Edwards to stand in as Wales Head Coach in Summer?

Post by Cardiff Taffy Fri 07 Dec 2012, 5:53 pm

Who know's whether Gatland choose him or not? It may even be that Edwards didn't fancy a 6/7 week tour this summer.

Cardiff Taffy

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 07 Dec 2012, 6:07 pm

I thought it was going to be Jenkins and McBride...?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Dec 2012, 7:43 pm

Edwards has always said he aspires to be a head coach. Maybe this opportunity to stay and run things for a summer tour will allow him to get that experience on his CV, and then he might apply for a head coach job elsewhere. Remember, a coaching job for Wales is about CPD, not about Wales!

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 07 Dec 2012, 9:55 pm

Can Edwards please be in charge for the 6 Nations to because he ahs to be better then Howler.

bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 07 Dec 2012, 10:26 pm

Howley and Priestland are really becoming the scapegoats for the AIs whitewashing..!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 07 Dec 2012, 10:31 pm

Maes,

I have always said Howley wasn't upto the task even when at the Blues and his persistence in making Priestland and others throughout the Autumn convinces me more.

As for Priestland he himself has admitted that his form and confidence has been poor and unfortumately for hom he has been trying to regain his form in the spotlight of International rugby.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 07 Dec 2012, 11:01 pm

Aye and i thought he did a good job. By the Aussie match he was one of our better players.

I think Howley takes the wrap for a lot that isnt rightfully appropriated to him.

Time will tell

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Dec 2012, 11:06 pm

Heard Rodger the Dodger has got Graham Henry.

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 08 Dec 2012, 10:32 am

maestegmafia wrote:Aye and i thought he did a good job. By the Aussie match he was one of our better players.

I think Howley takes the wrap for a lot that isnt rightfully appropriated to him.

Time will tell

Agree he had his best game against Australia but I still don't think he should have started that game which is a bad point against Howley and maybe not having the balls to make the big decisions. He should have been subbed in the earleir games to when his kciking was shocking.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 10 Dec 2012, 2:16 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:Aye and i thought he did a good job. By the Aussie match he was one of our better players.

Time will tell

Agree he had his best game against Australia but I still don't think he should have started that game which is a bad point against Howley and maybe not having the balls to make the big decisions. He should have been subbed in the earleir games to when his kciking was shocking.

why? Gatland was in charge by then.

I am not sure howley has done a great deal to show he has the ability to be a good head coach, but boy he does get rather more flak than is deserved.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 2:37 pm

Hopefully, between his other commitments, Edwards might be able to find time to do some defence coaching at London Irish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down