The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh look...Mancini costs us another game!!!!

+5
Crimey
MtotheC
Lumbering_Jack
Duty281
TRUSSMAN66
9 posters

Go down

Oh look...Mancini costs us another game!!!! Empty Oh look...Mancini costs us another game!!!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:48 am

Well done for starting with Balotelli...No Lescott.....as for Samir Nasri!!!

Try picking your best eleven and leave the thinking to other managers at other clubs.....

Or even better just go!!!

400 million and no width!!!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Oh look...Mancini costs us another game!!!! Empty Re: Oh look...Mancini costs us another game!!!!

Post by Duty281 Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:51 am

Mancini is the worst manager to win the Premier League. Fact.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Oh look...Mancini costs us another game!!!! Empty Re: Oh look...Mancini costs us another game!!!!

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:02 am

Honestly, Citeh fans are some of the most expectant in the country... It has proven difficult to retain titles and city are struggling to find form. Lets not forget your 2 year home record.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:04 am

Don't mind losing (well I do) but ffs play the best team!!!

So arrogant.....If I play Mario and he scores I'll look good!!!!!!!!

Just concentrate on winning the game Mate!!

Just had enough now.......Sheikh please get rid..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:05 am

Lumbering....If we'd have lost with the best team I'd take it like a Man..

This muppet keeps changing it all the time..to City's detriment.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:06 am

Undefeated at home for 2 years and reigning champions. Lets not forget the position you came back from last year. Too early to call.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:06 am

music This is how it feels to be City
This is how it feels to be small
With your passports back in the drawer, back in the drawer music

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:11 am

Lets be honest though, the majority if the complainers are new Citeh fans. Only started supporting them when they got rich.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:13 am

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Lets be honest though, the majority if the complainers are new Citeh fans. Only started supporting them when they got rich.

Very true. Most of them don't know what it was like when they were in Division 2.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:35 am

When i came to England.......I went to Maine road.....

Goalposts have changed in more ways than one.....

It's like saying well The new manager of Tesco's profit has been disappointing but remember it was once a small shop!!

We are the biggest team in the prem now....and he doesn't know his best team..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:44 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:When i came to England.......I went to Maine road.....

Goalposts have changed in more ways than one.....

It's like saying well The new manager of Tesco's profit has been disappointing but remember it was once a small shop!!

We are the biggest team in the prem now....and he doesn't know his best team..

Laugh

Man United still are, one Premiership Title doesn't change anything.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:50 am

The sheikh could buy the Glazers twice over.....

end of.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:53 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:The sheikh could buy the Glazers twice over.....

end of.

19 First Division Titles. End of.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:56 am

I'm sure the Aston Villa owner has a greater net worth that the Glazers too, but they are certainly not a bigger club.

Have to agree with duty. Man Utd are by far and away the biggest club in the league. I'd argue that City would struggle to make top 4.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:30 pm

I think the op is a little short sighted, there's no shame in being beaten by Man utd, considering city were 2-0 down I think you can take heart in the fact that your team didnt just sink to a beating they were undone by some individual mistakes. Nasri's performance at the end in particular let his manager, team mates and fans down, how can any manger affect a players decision in the moment like that?!

RM has delivered an FA Cup, champions league football and a league title, depiste the injection of cash what city fan could have ever imagined that 10 years ago? A double win over utd last season as well including a 6-1 victory?! My god some football fans are fickle! Ok he got some decisions wrong today but IMO he's delivered what city fans always wanted the ability to compete with Utd something that both Sven and Hughes failed to deliver despite increased funds. I would have some faith and take solice on the fact you have a great side and good manager.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:18 pm

I think Mancini is just feeling the pressure so is changing things unnecessarily. I think almost everybody can see that the best strike force City can play is Tevez and Aguero with Dzeko as third choice, and Balotelli as fourth. Balotelli hasn't shown any kind of consistent good form to deserve a starting spot, or the first choice off of the bench.

I think after winning the Premier League, knowing Manchester United are even more determined this year has made Mancini nervous. I think a big issue is that Manchester United clearly improved quite a bit over the summer, the signings of Kagawa and in particular Van Persie needed to be responded to by City, who didn't, they spent unwisely on average players.

Mancini is not a poor manager, just not a manager who seems to react to the pressure well. I think that perhaps winning the league is his peak and he won't be able to take the team further than that, I would not be surprised, and I don't think Manchester City fans would be too upset if he was replaced with Mourinho next year.

Mourinho would sort out a lot of the problems at City as I don't think he'd put with Balotelli for long whose even worse than in his early Inter days, he'd bring in width (maybe even Ronaldo if the papers are to be believed) and would set the team up in a way that wins. I certainly think he'd get more out of the players in Europe.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:47 pm

Well for one Balotelli has to go. I seriously have yet to seen all this potential he apparently possess. What a waste of money he is. Dzeko is unlucky as Aguero and Tevez would always start in my book.

Perhaps Sinclair should get a run. He offers genuine width and showed for Swansea he can do it in the prem. Still think he should have stayed at swansea for his development, as surprise surprise he's getting no game time. Give him a run because Nasri has been poor so far. I think he plays better as a CAM personally.

How Toure was on before Lescott I don't know. I like Nastasic allot tbh so if i was a city fan i'd have no qualms about him starting. Also why aren't you playing Garcia? he's a quality player, been saying for ages I wanted him at utd then city went and bought him!!

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:03 am

MtotheC wrote:I think the op is a little short sighted, there's no shame in being beaten by Man utd, considering city were 2-0 down I think you can take heart in the fact that your team didnt just sink to a beating they were undone by some individual mistakes. Nasri's performance at the end in particular let his manager, team mates and fans down, how can any manger affect a players decision in the moment like that?!

RM has delivered an FA Cup, champions league football and a league title, depiste the injection of cash what city fan could have ever imagined that 10 years ago? A double win over utd last season as well including a 6-1 victory?! My god some football fans are fickle! Ok he got some decisions wrong today but IMO he's delivered what city fans always wanted the ability to compete with Utd something that both Sven and Hughes failed to deliver despite increased funds. I would have some faith and take solice on the fact you have a great side and good manager.

What do you expect from an American who has jumped on the City bandwagon since they became mega rich. His idea of football is a poor mans rugby.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:39 am

"His idea of SOCCER is a poor man's rugby"...sounds better!!

Not saying there is shame.......However picking your best team always helps in these matches..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:43 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:The sheikh could buy the Glazers twice over.....

end of.

That logic right there, that is the back and front of it.

That's what's wrong with fans of 'modern clubs'

Its not all about how rich you are, its about history, identity, mass of support, the global reach of your club.

I find that statement a real shame

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:54 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:"His idea of SOCCER is a poor man's rugby"...sounds better!!

Not saying there is shame.......However picking your best team always helps in these matches..

Oh look...Mancini costs us another game!!!! Handegg

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:07 pm

How Balotelli still plays is beyond me. How many chances will the man get?

He is basically on overpaid penalty taker
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:35 pm

Playing devils advocate I can see why RM went with Balotelli he scored against Wigan and has the talent when he chooses to use it. However Tevez was the obvious choice for me he was playing haunts his former side which almost motivation alone to put in a good performance, the manager got that call wrong IMO but not a lot else

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:05 am

I look at Balotelli as one of those footballers that football snobs like to ram down our throats, the fans that insist they can see things us mere mortals can't.

There is no doubt he has ability and technique, he wouldn't be where he is without it but his attitude is one of the poorest I've ever seen from any professional footballer, give me a player with half his god given ability and a far superior attitude any day of the week

Mancini wants to be the coach that makes Balotelli the superstar he thinks he already is, that aint gonna happen and no-one will coach him into it until he himself recognises that the great players do the simple things consistantly, Balotelli doesn't do that, occassionally he has a good game or a wee purple patch, every half average Pro Footballer has that, that's not enough and never will be, there is something seriously flawed in his make up and until he works that out he'll never be a top player.

He's vastly overrated, vastly over-paid, vastly over-priced and all that's wrong with modern football.

If I had to list 20 strikers in the Premier League that I'd sign he wouldn't make that list by a big stretch

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:08 am

Mancini did get it wrong, he got it spectacularly wrong, this isn't being wise after the event, I doubt anyone other than Balotelli and Mancini thought Mario should have started, Tevez may not have stopped City from losing but I believe they'd have stood a better chance had he started the game

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:15 am

I think you've hit the nail on the head when you say Mancini wants to be the person to turn Mario into a superstar, it's why he picks him for big games as he wants to be seen as causing a master-stroke.

I think he should be City's fourth-choice striker at most, and if I was Mancini I'd sell him as soon as possible while he still has some value from those who think he can be world class.

Tevez and Aguero are clearly superior strikers who offer much more to the team, and on the pitch at least have excellent work-rate (I understand Tevez has his own off the pitch problems, but on it not many work harder). Then Dzeko is a much better option off of the bench.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:33 am

Totally agree, Balotelli should have been sold in the Summer and they should have brought someone else in for around the same money to freshen up the team and the frontline, would have given Tevez and Augero a boot up the backside, although to be fair Tevez has done alright this season

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:42 am

Agreed....Good points you make..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:11 am

Agreed....Good points you make..
Cheers YODA!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down