The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things you'd like to see happen in 2013?

+15
Good Golly I'm Olly
Dolphin Ziggler
NickisBHAFC
Stonee21
GSC
Adam D
bretmeharty
MIG
Fernando
talkingpoint
Nakatomi Plaza
Gregers
Mat
MtotheC
Hero
19 posters

Go down

Things you'd like to see happen in 2013? Empty Things you'd like to see happen in 2013?

Post by Hero Mon 10 Dec 2012, 6:48 pm

So another year is nearly upon us and 2012 was pretty eventful, the return of Lesnar, the reign of Punk, Cena v Rock, HHH v Taker, Aries becoming champ in TNA, Jeff remaining clean, stables such as Aces and Eights & The Shield emerging.
But as we head into 2013 what do you hope to see?

For me I'd like to see...

1. The Shield to continue to be pushed and remain together for the entire year.
2. The tag division to continue to improve with guys from NXT being brought through in this format.
3. The same goes with the female division, the likes of Paige to receive a big push.
4. Vince to stay off screen and take a further step back from involvement in direction.
5. A new GM figure to come forward that isn't bumbling, an idiot, decides all arguments through making the main event a tag match etc. WWE badly needs a decent heel authoritive figure in charge.
6. Storylines that have an end, when created there's a reason for it and with a clear goal to aim at, yes injuries or fan reaction can change things but far too many stories just seem to be cobbled together without any idea where they will be heading in a months time.
7. On a similar note, clear character direction. Why does a character do what they do? What is their motivation? Instantly we're interested in the Shield because they clearly state they have a motivation, yet others get introduced like for example Brodus Clay who's motivation seems to be dance with hussies.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Things you'd like to see happen in 2013? Empty Re: Things you'd like to see happen in 2013?

Post by MtotheC Mon 10 Dec 2012, 7:07 pm

1. Punk vs Austin at next year wm
2. A stable preferable the shield to be established as a main force ala DX or evolution- stable warfare is the way forward
3. The IC title to become relevant again- I would do this by unifying the World titles and putting the IC title on the upper mid carders and develop the US title as the old European title.
4. Similar to above a world title unification match- between punk and cena
5. A big push for Barrett
6. Lesnar to sign a full time deal

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Things you'd like to see happen in 2013? Empty Re: Things you'd like to see happen in 2013?

Post by Mat Mon 10 Dec 2012, 7:38 pm

Will think of more when I have a bit more time but the one that springs to mind for me is I'd love to see Jeff Hardy back in WWE.

There's a lot of ground that could be coveredwith Punk yet, and that would make a great summer feud imo.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 10 Dec 2012, 7:43 pm

1) TNA to host a PPV in the UK
2) Magnus to be TNA Champion
3) Daniel Bryan to be the first (new) Unified Champion beating Punk and Cena in the same night (ALA Jericho)
4) Ziggler to become a megastar
5) Orton to go back to being a big deal

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Mon 10 Dec 2012, 7:43 pm

Hero wrote:So another year is nearly upon us and 2012 was pretty eventful, the return of Lesnar, the reign of Punk, Cena v Rock, HHH v Taker, Aries becoming champ in TNA, Jeff remaining clean, stables such as Aces and Eights & The Shield emerging.
But as we head into 2013 what do you hope to see?

For me I'd like to see...

1. The Shield to continue to be pushed and remain together for the entire year.
2. The tag division to continue to improve with guys from NXT being brought through in this format.
3. The same goes with the female division, the likes of Paige to receive a big push.
4. Vince to stay off screen and take a further step back from involvement in direction.
5. A new GM figure to come forward that isn't bumbling, an idiot, decides all arguments through making the main event a tag match etc. WWE badly needs a decent heel authoritive figure in charge.
6. Storylines that have an end, when created there's a reason for it and with a clear goal to aim at, yes injuries or fan reaction can change things but far too many stories just seem to be cobbled together without any idea where they will be heading in a months time.
7. On a similar note, clear character direction. Why does a character do what they do? What is their motivation? Instantly we're interested in the Shield because they clearly state they have a motivation, yet others get introduced like for example Brodus Clay who's motivation seems to be dance with hussies.

Broadly agree with all these points apart from 5. I'd like to see the authority figure scaled down, and not see them take up so much airtime. Most matches should be announced beforehand, so this cuts down the need for most in ring appearances.

The only other thing I'd like to see less of are 'insider' references on-air.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Mon 10 Dec 2012, 7:50 pm

Nakatomi Plaza wrote:The only other thing I'd like to see less of are 'insider' references on-air.

Interested to know why?

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 10 Dec 2012, 8:04 pm

Not in any particular order:

1. Storm to become TNA world champ at Lockdown
2. AJ Styles to become TNA world champ 1 last time at BFG
3. the WWE & world title to be unified
4. Aces & Eights to have a decent finish storyline wise and the members intergrated into the main roster
5. Ziggler to become the new HBK (the Mr Perfect comparisons aside I actually see alot of HBK in him and if HBK could even coach him and put his ego aside, the WWE could do with a new Mr WrestleMania and with Ziggler's gift to sell any move and take a bump, with a slight character change he could be the man to steal the show.)

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Mon 10 Dec 2012, 8:12 pm

MtotheC wrote:
Nakatomi Plaza wrote:The only other thing I'd like to see less of are 'insider' references on-air.

Interested to know why?

For me, wrestling like all about suspending disbelief. I don't think using worked shoot promos too often helps with this. TNA are the main offenders with this. I was watching Impact a few weeks ago, and Hogan was telling Matt Morgan that he didn't get a push because higher management didn't think he was a good talker. This makes it look like the results of matches are irrelevant, which gives fans less of a reason to care who wins or loses.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Mon 10 Dec 2012, 8:37 pm

Good example, TNA are desperate to stand out and set them selves apart from WWE, by doing segments like that they feel they are breaking down the barriers and letting the audience feel part of inside track but your right in the end kayfabe is king in pro wrestling and to demean the basic foundations of winning and losing is breaking those barriers too far.

I would agrue though that when done right in the right situation at the right time (punk pre MITB 2011) it can work a treat.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 10 Dec 2012, 8:47 pm

I think with all things that if done in small amounts and as a treat then it adds to the product, same goes with blood in wrestling, occasionally done it can really add to the intensity of a match, overdo it though and it loses the impact. The occasional peek behind the curtain done as part of a storyline makes you think 'Whoah Punk just delivered a pipebomb', done every week and the magic is lost and it becomes increasingly hard to put the toothpaste back in the tube.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 10 Dec 2012, 8:53 pm

1) CM Punk lose to the WWE Title
2) Samoa Joe/Christopher Daniels to either be utilized properly or leave TNA
3) Dolph Ziggler to become WHC
4) Vince to stay off screen
5) Bring back Big Johnny
6) Bring back the Cruiserweight Title
7) Aces & Eight's not to get a sucky ending

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Mon 10 Dec 2012, 9:05 pm

1 Dolph Ziggler to get pushed firmly into the main event/have a decent run with the World title.
2 Stone Cold to comeback for a last run. Possibly three or four feuds.
3 get a decent gm back. Foley or Regal are my preferences.
4 John Cena heel turn. I know I know but I still want it.
5 Kurt Angle to return to WWE. Potential feuds with Punk, Bryan and Lesnar.
6 Have CM Punk close Mania. With a massive victory.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 10 Dec 2012, 9:05 pm

This place is like a ghost town recently.

Things I would like to see :-

1. The current talent in wwe being given more of a chance in high profile matches. Less appearances from the guys from back in the day.
2. Punk to beat the Rock at the rumble.
3. TNA to do something positive that will be a game changer and bring them closer to wwe in some small sort of way.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 10 Dec 2012, 9:14 pm

Fernando wrote:1)

Disagree about Daniels - he is being used in exactly the right way at this stage in his career. My fave wrestler at he moment along with Kaz. Agree about Joe though

5) Bring back Big Johnny

I will second that!
bretmeharty wrote:1)
3. TNA to do something positive that will be a game changer and bring them closer to wwe in some small sort of way.

Disagree with that - I think they have made huge leaps and bounds at times. The A&8s started off really well - the mass brawl, although ridiculous, was something new. BFG series, going live and gut check have all been great movements forward.

mig wrote:1)
5 Kurt Angle to return to WWE. Potential feuds with Punk, Bryan and Lesnar.

Angle is too broken down for TNA at this point, let alone WWE. He is a shadow of his WWE best and even his not so good TNA best. I wouldnt want to see him back in WWE unless it was in a non wrestling role.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 10 Dec 2012, 9:18 pm

Adam D wrote:

Disagree about Daniels - he is being used in exactly the right way at this stage in his career. My fave wrestler at he moment along with Kaz.

Personally he deserves a chance to step up considering the year he has had, Ive no doubt he could easily be a world champion in TNA or WWE the guy is that talented yet continuously gets overlooked OK

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 10 Dec 2012, 9:23 pm

I didn't really mention TNA in my things Id like to see (mainly because I gave up on it) but there's one thing I'd love to see in TNA which could genuinely give them a shot in the arm of ratings.

Kevin Steen.

WWE make it pretty clear that PG is here to stay, let TNA really target a more mature demographic by bringing in Steen and building up Joe to proper main event again. Joe v Steen v Aries for me is all kinds of win, both in ring and on the mic.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 10 Dec 2012, 9:28 pm

Ambrose retire
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 10 Dec 2012, 9:43 pm

GSC wrote:Ambrose retire

You can go off people you know.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 10 Dec 2012, 9:47 pm

I know, I thought he had potential but he just hasn't impressed me.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 10 Dec 2012, 9:51 pm

I would like to see RAW go to 4 hours.

I lose track at the moment and feel the extra hour could allow for a few more recaps.

I would like to see TNA go to 3 hours if I am being honest, as at the moment, every month, a title gets overlooked. Either a 3 hour show or make Explosion into a proper B show with a title on the line.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonee21 Mon 10 Dec 2012, 10:03 pm

1. HHH to stay out of themain event unless he is a) going to turn heel or b) going to actually put talent over rather then just try to steal peoples limelight and go over them.

2. Cesaro to get pushed up to the main event, not a regular run but getting involved in the odd match so he can push on the next year.

3. Ziggler to have a decent run with the WHC and for him to become the HBK of the 90's era, the guy you just love to hate.

4. Big Show to of retired, the guy really does just need to step aside now and drop down the pecking order to help get younger talent over ala Kane.

5. Barrett to keep going on with his bad ass gimmick and not being afraid of taking on anyone eventually leading to being a tweener, just all about kicking ass. No pandering to the crowd and no insulting them either, just running down anyone who gets in his way of becoming the first English WWE/WH Champion.

6. Last but not least Orton Heel turn, they have finally turned Miz heel so now for the love of God bring back heel Orton, he just literally screams heel!

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 10 Dec 2012, 11:18 pm

1. Wade Barret to have a big push
2. Brock Lesnar to sign a full time deal
3. The Rock to make more appearances
4. Randy Orton heel turn
5. HHH to be on screen more in the COO Roll
6. R Truth to be funny again
7. WWE to get a PPV in England sorted.
8. Stone Cold to stunner someone.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 10 Dec 2012, 11:28 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:1. Wade Barret to have a big push
4. Randy Orton heel turn

Not a fan of younger talent then?

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 10 Dec 2012, 11:38 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:1. Wade Barret to have a big push
4. Randy Orton heel turn

9. The clock to be turned back to 2001

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 11 Dec 2012, 12:31 am

1) HHH to turn heel, and maybe have one last real run as a heel champ.
2) Both Vince and HHH to understand they should not be used in a face role and that their popularity is different to being liked.
3) Ric Flair to have a role in WWE (like GM) that involves no nudity or wrestling (and as little blading as possible)
4) More JR and less King (or at least try him as the heel again)
5) Big E Langston to make moves to Raw or Smackdown
6) Even more tag teams that have real planning and not just thrown together.
7) WWE to sign Samoa Joe and make a statement about leaving the childish content to Saturday Morning Slam.
8) Ziggler to start using the Superkick and become the modern day HBK
9) Foley v Ambrose, Punk v Austin, Taker v Sting, Ryback v Lesnar, Samoa Joe v The Rock, HHH v Ziggler, Cesaro v Bryan - All these to look viable by the end of the year for WM 30, or the possible ones to have happened at WM 29

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 11 Dec 2012, 12:35 am

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:1) HHH to turn heel, and maybe have one last real run as a heel champ.
2) Both Vince and HHH to understand they should not be used in a face role and that their popularity is different to being liked.
3) Ric Flair to have a role in WWE (like GM) that involves no nudity or wrestling (and as little blading as possible)
4) More JR and less King (or at least try him as the heel again)
5) Big E Langston to make moves to Raw or Smackdown
6) Even more tag teams that have real planning and not just thrown together.
7) WWE to sign Samoa Joe and make a statement about leaving the childish content to Saturday Morning Slam.
8) Ziggler to start using the Superkick and become the modern day HBK
9) Foley v Ambrose, Punk v Austin, Taker v Sting, Ryback v Lesnar, Samoa Joe v The Rock, HHH v Ziggler, Cesaro v Bryan - All these to look viable by the end of the year for WM 30, or the possible ones to have happened at WM 29

No King would be preferable to be honest.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 11 Dec 2012, 12:38 am

No one ever gets that good a gift.

I forgot to add

10) Stop talking about Cesaro being thrown out of the Rugby league, especially in the way where it sounds like he would have to kill 5 men to have been even nearly vicious

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 11 Dec 2012, 12:48 am

1. The WWE Divas to bring out an adult film.

That's about it
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 11 Dec 2012, 8:41 am

WWE

1) The Rock vs CM Punk at the Rumble (looks almost a lock now to be fair)
2) CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar feud leading to WrestleMania match
3) Daniel Bryan vs The Undertaker at WrestleMania
4) Ryback to beat the immovable object that is Big Show for the WHC at WrestleMania
5) "The Shield" to lead to something meaningful and sustainable
6) The return of a 'President' of the WWE, off screen authority figure
7) Dolph Ziggler to start using the Superkick as his full time Finisher
8) The Tag Team Division to continually grow and for the Titles to feel as important as World Titles
9) WWE/WHC Unification Match
10) Randy Orton Heel turn
11) More Promo segments away from the actual ring
12) Kassius Ohno (Chris Hero) to be brought in for a meaningful feud
15) Kofi Kingston to set the new record time in the Royal Rumble (good starting point for a push)
16) Antonio Cesaro to be given a starring role in the Elimination Chamber, pinning one or two big names
17) Steve Austin to make a formal announcement on a comeback of sorts leading into 2014
18) Lose Vickie Guerrero & Teddy Long from on screen roles
19) Jerry Lawler to officially retire
20) WWE to sign the Young Bucks and make them the stars TNA should have done

TNA

1) TNA to pull a rabbit out the hat and actually give A&8s a name value A lister to be behind the group, lead it and give them some credibility
2) Samoa Joe to win the World Title
3) James Storm NOT to win the World Title
4) Jeff Hardy to become the longest reigning TNA World Title
5) Magnus to become an upper midcarder
6) Keep the whole 'X-Division Title gets you a World Title shot' gimmick
7) Slightly tweak the BFG format so we see a real week by week league table
8) Re-establish their Tag Team Division
9) If they can, get Scott D'Amore to book the Tag/knock out Division
10) Reform the Beautiful People
11) Have AJ and Roode fight for the 'image rights' of Fortune and have face Fortune vs Heel Fortune at Lockdown, have new recruits, same premise as the original concept.
12) Give 'bringing Sleezy back' more air time
13) Sign Kevin Steen
14) Sign Colt Cabana
15) Basic continuity required
16) Drop Al Snow and D'Lo from any TV Time

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 11 Dec 2012, 12:13 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:16) Drop Al Snow and D'Lo from any TV Time

D'Lo Brown?

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 11 Dec 2012, 12:31 pm

14) Sign Colt Cabana

Interesting that he was backstage at RAW last night and recently WWE.com did a Scotty Goldman compilation.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Tue 11 Dec 2012, 7:46 pm

- Dolph Ziggler to win the WHC and have a long run with it (For me, it seems like the WHC has completely lost its value as it seems to change hands every other week).

- Stop giving John Cena main event after main event. I don't think I've seen him work for a title shot for a long time. Just seems to be handed them.

- Bring back credible story lines for people to go after the main titles. Sometimes, it seems like the only reason someone becomes Number One contender is because the champion offended them in some manner.

- Give the US and IC titles more meaning. They've become lost somewhat over the years, and don't seem to help launch up and coming talent into the main event scene as much.

- And for the love of god, no more slow motion videos of Brodus Clay's thighs!!!
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 11 Dec 2012, 8:02 pm

I'd love to see the brand split strictly enforced again.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down