The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre season Training at the Blues.

2 posters

Go down

Pre season Training at the Blues. Empty Pre season Training at the Blues.

Post by aucklandlaurie Sun 16 Dec 2012, 7:35 am

With just two months before the Super XV season kicks off, Jorhn Kirwan's conditioners have commenced pre -season with the squad, just thought I'd share with you some of what they get up to in a typical Inside session, the following day they will do sprint/stamina work in an outside session.

Like i said they've got 2 months of this and this was only day 3. take a look.

http://www.theblues.co.nz/News/2012-12-14/VIDEO-pre-season-training-at-Ludus-Magnus.aspx

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Pre season Training at the Blues. Empty Re: Pre season Training at the Blues.

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 16 Dec 2012, 9:58 am

Well firstly 2 months of this would be very innapropriate, they will progress on from the hard slog at the begginning into more technical areas

A lot of these exercises are very generic, nothing I havn't seen or done in South Wales, every professional club on the planet will be doing very similar.

The toughest day is day 1, it all gets easier from there on in!!!

Infact there are a few techniques used there I wouldn't have because of the injury factor, especially a lot of holding stances, including weights. What seems like strength endurance work is actually very draining, and doesn't offer any real gains. They drain the muscle of essential nutrients and do nothing for performance, they can be used effectively for an asthetic gain but little else.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 16 Dec 2012, 9:59 am

All that sounded quite negative...

Looked like great fun, and it certainly doesn't hurt having great weather before xmas!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down