The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donaire - Arce and Khan vs Molina **Spoilers**

+16
88Chris05
AlexHuckerby
sittingringside
Sugar Boy Sweetie
6oldenbhoy
OasisBFC
hampo17
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Super D Boon
monzon
Imperial Ghosty
captain carrantuohil
Gerry SA
hogey
TheMackemMawler
ShahenshahG
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Donaire - Arce and Khan vs Molina **Spoilers** - Page 2 Empty Donaire - Arce and Khan vs Molina **Spoilers**

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 16 Dec 2012, 8:02 am

First topic message reminder :

What can you say about the little filipino that already hasnt been said? Awesome, frightening and unstoppable. Captain said that Donaire would be the fighter of the year if he got through Arce and as if rising to the challenge he put a big full stop at the end and quite frankly bludgeoned his opponent into unconciousness. He said after the fight that he respected Arce because he'd come to fight and not just survive as most of his opponents did - also citing it as the reason why he didnt get the early knockouts as often because the opponents refused to open up. Donaire seems to be going from strength to strength and if this last fight is to go by then 2013 might be the year he emphasizes his dominance and takes his place amongst the very top of the lower divisions. Rigondeaux next? 10/10

Khan - not much to say, Overmatched opponent. There is a slight improvement but it only showed later on in the fight. He appeared to be quite anxious and made his usual mistakes - Threw 1 punch to many, staying in range too long and backing off in straight lines with the right hand a little low. He did however, as the fight progressed start to settle and quite frankly stopped getting hit as often.

Good signs are that his jab is back and he was moving, blocking and working well, also he seemed to settle of his own accord and get some practice in. Bad signs are that he's still open for the left a little and occasional lingers inside. Still, despite the opponent - a little more measured though wasn't expect wholesale changes overnight and I was rather concerned he didnt attack that cut as often as he should have. Not quite sure what to make of it - he says he wants Garcia next - so theres a fight to look forward next year (fingers crossed) so maybe we'll see if he's learned something against a better opponent. 7/10

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Donaire - Arce and Khan vs Molina **Spoilers** - Page 2 Empty Re: Donaire - Arce and Khan vs Molina **Spoilers**

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 16 Dec 2012, 10:50 pm

TheMackemMawler wrote:
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:What are you meaning by game?

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote: Nonito does look better against small game fighters.

Oh you obviously knew what I meant.

I think game is someone who comes looking for the win

I asked what do you think it means and you haven't answered so feel free to unless you have been saying it without even knowing what you mean by it

Back to top Go down

Donaire - Arce and Khan vs Molina **Spoilers** - Page 2 Empty Re: Donaire - Arce and Khan vs Molina **Spoilers**

Post by Gerry SA Sun 16 Dec 2012, 11:09 pm

OasisBFC wrote:
Gerry SA wrote:Khan, even though fighting a light puncher, still got tagged and shook.

Khan will get KOd any of Bam Bam Rios, Matthysse or Garcia again.

Beating a lightweight then bigging yourself up doesn't really show anything important.

he wasn't KO'd or dropped by Maidana was he, so it's no guarantee he'll be stopped at all. on his day i'd have khan to pick apart garcia quite handily, rios too.
You know nothing if you think Khan gets anyway near Bam Bam.

Rios walked thru Alvarado, who's a far superior boxer to Khan, and KOd him.

Rios would KO Khan inside 3.

Maidana is just a slugger. Matthysse has more game.

Garcia, Rios and Matthysse beat Khan to a pulp each day, everyday.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Sun 16 Dec 2012, 11:14 pm

I will have to Google him Ghosty.

I wasn't joking when i said my knowledge of current fighters was poor.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 16 Dec 2012, 11:20 pm

Alvarado is in no shape or form a better boxer than Khan, those mentioned may well knock him out but on top form he has the ability to outbox them.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sun 16 Dec 2012, 11:21 pm

Gerry SA wrote:
OasisBFC wrote:
Gerry SA wrote:Khan, even though fighting a light puncher, still got tagged and shook.

Beating a lightweight then bigging yourself up doesn't really show anything important.

he wasn't KO'd or dropped by Maidana was he, so it's no guarantee he'll be stopped at all. on his day i'd have khan to pick apart garcia quite handily, rios too.

Alvarado is not a better boxer than Khan, more durable and hits harder but no way is he a better boxer. Rios is an accident waiting to happen and already got woefully exposed by Abril only to get the worst decision I have ever seen go his way. He stylistically is a nightmare for Khan and I reckon he would take Khan out around the half way stage once he starts wearing him down, he'd be a mile behind on the cards though. Right now Matthysse would decapitate Khan and I don't see a Garcia fight being any different from the first one until Khan makes some major progress to his defence and inside fighting.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sun 16 Dec 2012, 11:39 pm

bellchees wrote:
Gerry SA wrote:
OasisBFC wrote:

Alvarado is not a better boxer than Khan, more durable and hits harder but no way is he a better boxer. Rios is an accident waiting to happen and already got woefully exposed by Abril only to get the worst decision I have ever seen go his way. He stylistically is a nightmare for Khan and I reckon he would take Khan out around the half way stage once he starts wearing him down, he'd be a mile behind on the cards though. Right now Matthysse would decapitate Khan and I don't see a Garcia fight being any different from the first one until Khan makes some major progress to his defence and inside fighting.
Alvarado is a far superior boxer to Khan. Yes he's got a granite chin. But he's got a great jab. Fast hands. Serious power.

Bam Bam 'lost' to Richard Abril, but Rios didn't eat for a week just to make the weight. Abril's the kinda guy who would all ways cause Rios problems.

Rios would just walk Khan down and batter him.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Sun 16 Dec 2012, 11:44 pm

TheMackemMawler wrote:
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Yea but there isn't any evidence to suggest that he isn't going to be good agaisnt boxers. Granted he wont he as explosive but it doesnt mean he will struggle as he isn't a fighter who relies on his power.

I've never said he will struggle against anyone, neither have i said he relies on power. Even with my limited awareness of current pro's I know that Nonito is certainly the best fighter in weight class. However, my knowledge of fighters' careers is somewhat poor so I was asking whether he had fought any tall, out and out boxers who could bang? I still don't care much for the wins over Montiel and Darchinyan.

Those 2 wins are 2 of the most impressive wins I've seen in recent years. I don't see how anyone could criticise them. I don't mean this in a bad way but you seem to have gotten it into your head that you don't rate them but are not really sure why?

The fight against Vic Dar was such a step up in class for Donaire at the time and he just blew him away. I rate the Montiel win even more. Montiel was a quality operator unbeaten in 12 having knocked out 9 of them including the much touted Hasegawa in Japan.

2 great wins for me.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Sun 16 Dec 2012, 11:46 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote: I think game is someone who comes looking for the win

Then you would be wrong.

There are plenty of fighters who come looking for the win but give up in the face of adversity.

You shouldn't use words you can't provide an adequate definition for and then question another's understanding of his own choice of vocabulary.

i.e......

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote: I asked what do you think it means
and you haven't answered so feel free to unless you have been saying it
without even knowing what you mean by it

I think game is someone who fights on the front front even when hurt,
someone who fires back when rocked, someone who doesn't know he's beat,
someone who never gives up despite the odds.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Sun 16 Dec 2012, 11:59 pm

paperbag_puncher wrote:
TheMackemMawler wrote:
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Yea but there isn't any evidence to suggest that he isn't going to be good agaisnt boxers. Granted he wont he as explosive but it doesnt mean he will struggle as he isn't a fighter who relies on his power.

I've never said he will struggle against anyone, neither have i said he relies on power. Even with my limited awareness of current pro's I know that Nonito is certainly the best fighter in weight class. However, my knowledge of fighters' careers is somewhat poor so I was asking whether he had fought any tall, out and out boxers who could bang? I still don't care much for the wins over Montiel and Darchinyan.

Those 2 wins are 2 of the most impressive wins I've seen in recent years. I don't see how anyone could criticise them. I don't mean this in a bad way but you seem to have gotten it into your head that you don't rate them but are not really sure why?

The fight against Vic Dar was such a step up in class for Donaire at the time and he just blew him away. I rate the Montiel win even more. Montiel was a quality operator unbeaten in 12 having knocked out 9 of them including the much touted Hasegawa in Japan.

2 great wins for me.

Very perceptive, i think you're right you know. I've only now realised that I'd based my opinion on the fights I'd watched where they'd been beat. I guess that's not the fairest way to go about things.

Mind you, saying that, you learn a lot more about a fighter and how they match up and deal with adversity by watching their defeats than if you watch their easy victories (I think that is why there are question marks over Price at the moment).

Anyway, for what its worth i rate Vic Dar higher (stylistically) than Montiel, for me, Montiel is a little hard man with a big punch.

He looked three weights lower than Donaire when they fought.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 17 Dec 2012, 12:22 am

No mate I'm not wrong and you have no right to tell anyone they're wrong when offering an opinion, game imo is a word used for an overmatched opponent who isn't expected to win but still goes looking for the win although probably won't get it. Fighters that make it competitive like nearly men/gatekeepers. For example, the guy who fought Angulo on Saturday, overmatched and outmuscled but gave a very good account of himself and was competitive throughout

The likes of Darchiniyan, Montiel etc aren't fighters who are just game as tey fight back when they can, they are world level operators and go into most fights as favourite. You should watch a couple more of there fights as they can box better than you know which you wouldn't as you said you don't watch alot of their fights.

Your still ignoring the fact that you have yet to give Donaire any Praise for doing well in his other fights where tey aren't aggressive fighters but boxers. You say he likes to fight small guys but while his best wins were over Montiel and Darchiniyan the other fights that make up his best wins were against bigger, boxer type fighters and he only lost rounds when he was injured

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Mon 17 Dec 2012, 12:27 am

your wrong!

wrong, wrong.... WRONG!!! Very Happy
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Mon 17 Dec 2012, 12:28 am

....well your first definition was anyway Donaire - Arce and Khan vs Molina **Spoilers** - Page 2 590675
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Mon 17 Dec 2012, 12:55 am

TheMackemMawler wrote:
paperbag_puncher wrote:
TheMackemMawler wrote:

2 great wins for me.

Very perceptive, i think you're right you know. I've only now realised that I'd based my opinion on the fights I'd watched where they'd been beat. I guess that's not the fairest way to go about things.

Mind you, saying that, you learn a lot more about a fighter and how they match up and deal with adversity by watching their defeats than if you watch their easy victories (I think that is why there are question marks over Price at the moment).

Anyway, for what its worth i rate Vic Dar higher (stylistically) than Montiel, for me, Montiel is a little hard man with a big punch.

He looked three weights lower than Donaire when they fought.

I only suggest that as someone who is forever getting it into my head that I don't like someone/something and then struggling to explain why when someone questions it. Sometimes "just cos" should be explanation enough... Would love to see Donaire vs Rigo and would heavily favour Nonito in that one. Might even get half decent odds for a change and all Very Happy

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2