The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Test Match Special - Indian Commentators

4 posters

Go down

Test Match Special - Indian Commentators Empty Test Match Special - Indian Commentators

Post by dummy_half Mon 17 Dec 2012, 10:22 am

Having listened to much of the series on TMS, I thought it appropriate to make a comment about how good Prakad Wakankar has been as a commentator - seemed to 'get' what TMS is about, in managing to both commentate on the action and keep the repartee going with the co-commentator.

Thought Dravid didn't have it for the first match or two, as he was too dry and factual in the co-comentator role, but that he got a lot better as the series progressed and will be a welcome addition to the TMS commetary box when India next tour England.

Still, there is very little brightens up a December morning better than Boycs and Aggers bickering Very Happy

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Test Match Special - Indian Commentators Empty Re: Test Match Special - Indian Commentators

Post by Shelsey93 Mon 17 Dec 2012, 11:29 am

Dravid is excellent, as expected. I'd never come across Wakankar before this series, but he did a top job too.

Well done to Sky as well who, after a principled decision to stay in London, managed off-tube commentary superbly.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Test Match Special - Indian Commentators Empty Re: Test Match Special - Indian Commentators

Post by Mike Selig Mon 17 Dec 2012, 1:35 pm

Absolutely. PW made an excellent point about learning from wins as much (if not more) than from defeats this morning, which I thought was spot-on.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Mon 17 Dec 2012, 6:22 pm

Prakash Wakankar has been a joy on AllIndiaRadio. I absolutely knew he would be a hit with TMS. Couldn't follow TMS due to rights restrictions, but Dravid on TV has learned well on job and by the end of the series has become better.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down