The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

As shot as Mosely is...

+7
eddyfightfan
ShahenshahG
manos de piedra
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
bellchees
88Chris05
Seanusarrilius
11 posters

Go down

As shot as Mosely is... Empty As shot as Mosely is...

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 19 Dec 2012, 1:31 pm

Could Shane beat Paulie?

Don't get me wrong, Shane should not be continuing to find. I worry about him becoming punchy. But Paulie is exactly the sort of fighter Shane should have been fighting in the last 2/3 years. Shane still has a dig, Paulie has no dig. I also thought Paulie looked poor in the later rounds v Cano and had Paulie losing that one (narrowly). Has Sugar got a chance?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

As shot as Mosely is... Empty Re: As shot as Mosely is...

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 19 Dec 2012, 1:44 pm

Not for me, and this is coming from someone who doesn't rate Malignaggi half as highly as some others on here.

Mosley might still have a bit of whack left in those fists - I suspect that may still be the case even if he trudges on for another five years. But what he hasn't got anymore is speed. Malignaggi's got it, and got it to spare.

Besides, Paulie owns a fine chin and he shouldn't really ever be taking more than one big shot at a time in this fight, if indeed he has to take any at all. Mosley's only chance might be a one punch knockout and I don't think he can get it.

I think the absolute chasing he got off Mayweather, round two aside, beat all of the remaining life out of Mosley. He's looked scared to get off first in all of his fights since and I think he'll be the same here, even if Paulie doesn't have the most lethal artillery to his name. Once Malignaggi is allowed to settle in to his rhythm I think he'll just outjab and outmove the gun-shy Mosley, who has appeared to be moving in slow motion in the past three years.

Malignaggi to pitch a shutout, or something very close to it.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2012, 1:47 pm

Agree with Chris, do we really want to see a once very fine fighter in Mosley being used as a punchbag by Malignaggi?

The words, "Here comes Malignaggi on the offensive once more loading up those big rights hands" should never be uttered.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 19 Dec 2012, 2:05 pm

True. It is a crying shame Shane is still fighting. His ex must have cleaned him out, because his spirited Alvarez showing aside, he has been g*d awful in recent years.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Wed 19 Dec 2012, 2:15 pm

Not sure it'll be so one sided, Shane is as shot as shot can be really but still possesses a top level chin and some decent power and seeing as Malignaggi isn't very good that might be enough. Paulie couldn't hurt shane if he hit him with a bat.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2012, 2:20 pm

Paulie would have to be playing the most high profile game of "Statues" in order for Shane to land on him.

Mosley needs to go into coaching or promoting or, as many have said, absolutely ANYTHING other than boxing.

It would be a smarter move for Shane to join a White Supremacy group than climb back through the ropes

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 19 Dec 2012, 2:20 pm

At least he showed he had ambition vs Alvarez , ambition he didn't look like he had vs Mora or Pacquiao

Malignaggi isn't Canelo though, he can't punch and isn't going to push Mosley

His speed will cause Mosley problems but Cano is slow as hell and he didn't have any trouble landing, so Mosley shouldn't either

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 19 Dec 2012, 2:25 pm

Mosely can hurt Paulie, but only if he throws in punches, which he doesn't seem to do of late. He gasses too.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 19 Dec 2012, 2:28 pm

I honestly dont know. Malignaggi looked very unconvincing last time out. Mosley is shot but I possibly made look worse than he is given his last few fights have been against premier fighters. Malignaggi is tough though so I think he will hard to KO even for Mosley and just not sure Mosley has the work rate or movement anymore to win a 12 round decision if Paulie can avoid putting his chin on a plate.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2012, 2:33 pm

Seems the general consensus is that NO-ONE wants to see this fight.

I've more desire to see see Mosley fight Ricky Hatton with Witter vs Matthew Hatton on the undercard

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 19 Dec 2012, 2:46 pm

Mosley's just too slow and too far removed from any of his great moments to make me think he has a prayer here. His fine losing effort to Cotto was five years ago, and in that time I've only been impressed with him once, which was when he blew Margarito out. Even then, it's safe to say that Margarito's mind must surely have been in turmoil during those nine brutal rounds, given that he'd been rumbled for being the dirty, cheating git he is less than an hour beforehand.

Malignaggi knows which way the wind blows when it comes to the 147 lb peckng order, I think. Hence, he's been namedropping the washed up has-beens such as Hatton and Mosley (who, despite their falls from grace, still carry a 'name' for the record) in the past few months rather than the Mayweathers, Bradleys, Pacquiaos or Marquezes of this world. He can make reasonable money defending that pale imitation of a world title in New York for a good while yet against opponents of the second rank.

I'm fairly sure he sees this as a safe assignment, to be honest.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Wed 19 Dec 2012, 3:04 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Mosley's just too slow and too far removed from any of his great moments to make me think he has a prayer here. His fine losing effort to Cotto was five years ago, and in that time I've only been impressed with him once, which was when he blew Margarito out. Even then, it's safe to say that Margarito's mind must surely have been in turmoil during those nine brutal rounds, given that he'd been rumbled for being the dirty, cheating git he is less than an hour beforehand.

Malignaggi knows which way the wind blows when it comes to the 147 lb peckng order, I think. Hence, he's been namedropping the washed up has-beens such as Hatton and Mosley (who, despite their falls from grace, still carry a 'name' for the record) in the past few months rather than the Mayweathers, Bradleys, Pacquiaos or Marquezes of this world. He can make reasonable money defending that pale imitation of a world title in New York for a good while yet against opponents of the second rank.

I'm fairly sure he sees this as a safe assignment, to be honest.

Paulie is one of if not the worst champion in boxing right now, not a top 5 fighter in his division probably at the low end of a top 10 but he does carry name recognition and a world title so he must have people knocing his door down for a shot at him. Not only that but I'd make maybe 5 or 6 guys from Light Welterweight comfortable favourite against him if they chose to step up so his options for soft defences are pretty limited in my opinion. Shane is about as soft as it gets these days but still think he'll be dangerous for Paulie.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2012, 3:36 pm

Paulie is one of if not the worst champion in boxing right now
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nathan Cleverley would punch you in the face for saying that....if it didn't lead to a fight where he might lose

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 19 Dec 2012, 4:07 pm

Dave getting back into form after being usurped by tiny tino

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2012, 4:12 pm

Don't think I'm not mightily aggrieved by that as well.

Was also unhappy about A/ Not being nominated in the "Services to Peter Jackson" award and B/ There not being a "Services to Peter Jackson" award.

Mind you, people would have undoubtedly voted for Rowley after his plageristic piece in the "Top Ten Uncrowned Champions" list.

TRUSS should have sued for the theft of his TOP TEN list idea as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 19 Dec 2012, 4:49 pm

paulies a great fighter, just lacks power. i have a completely different view on his last performance, i'd thought he boxed beautifully. paulie only loses when he gets into a tear up.

i expect brook vs paulie or alexander vs paulie unifaction next year and think he beats alexander and loses a close fight to brook (until he gets knocked out)

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 19 Dec 2012, 4:53 pm

Me talk pretty one day...

No ban me please. Smile

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 19 Dec 2012, 6:32 pm

davidemore wrote:Me talk pretty one day...

No ban me please. Smile

Hmmmmmmmm

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Wed 19 Dec 2012, 10:06 pm

Paulie boxed well in his last fight but he seemed to gas which is unlike him... age may be catching up with him as it tends to do more so with quick fighters.

He is a great boxer just has very little power and this gives his opponents confidence that they can come forward more.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Thu 20 Dec 2012, 11:29 am

I wanna know how Paulie managed to bypass Diego Chaves to fight Mosley instead.

Chaves was installed as the mandatory for the WBA title, he's also the WBA 'interim' champion.

Chaves would bang Paulie's head off if the fight ever happens.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartley Gorman Thu 20 Dec 2012, 12:59 pm

Breaks my heart to see Mosley still plying his trade.

He's one of the greatest Lightweights of his generation, but all that will be forgotten as he takes pastings off of fighters that couldn't carry his jock when he was in his pomp.

Paulie wins an easy UD against a gun shy Shane!

Sad times.

Bartley Gorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down