The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suzi Perry to replace Jake Humphrey and the BBC's 10 races for next season

+9
Fernando
Trebs
minieggs
bogbrush
Critical_mass
dyrewolfe
monty junior
Nakatomi Plaza
Good Golly I'm Olly
13 posters

Go down

Suzi Perry to replace Jake Humphrey and the BBC's 10 races for next season Empty Suzi Perry to replace Jake Humphrey and the BBC's 10 races for next season

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 21 Dec 2012, 1:04 pm

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport
The BBC has announced @suziperry will be its new #f1 presenter for the 2013 season, taking over from @mrjakehumphrey

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport
BBC GP live coverage 2013 1/2: China (14 Apr), Spain (12 May), Canada (9 Jun), Britain (30 Jun), TBA (21 Jul), Belgium (25 Aug)

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport
BBC GP live coverage 2013 2/2: Italy (8 Sep), Japan (13 Oct), India (27 Oct), Brazil (24 Nov)

I will say I can't stand Suzi Perry personally, so it will be Sky coverage for me next year for sure
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Suzi Perry to replace Jake Humphrey and the BBC's 10 races for next season Empty Re: Suzi Perry to replace Jake Humphrey and the BBC's 10 races for next season

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Fri 21 Dec 2012, 2:46 pm

I'm not a fan either. I was hoping Lee McKenzie would get the gig.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Suzi Perry to replace Jake Humphrey and the BBC's 10 races for next season Empty Re: Suzi Perry to replace Jake Humphrey and the BBC's 10 races for next season

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2012, 2:49 pm

Not really surprised she's got the job, seeing as she was up against Mark Pougatch. Interesting to hear the reason why Lee McKenzie did not get the job.

Someone might want to create a topic of general discussion for the winter period of F1 where a load of minor stories and media garbage is produced to keep fans entertained during the off season. I've already read that Di Montezemelo would rather replace Alonso (if he left or retired) with Vettel rather than Hamilton because primarily of his 'youth' and not ability, but then the the majority of media sources re-write it to state, 'Hamilton could not hold a candle to Vettel in the eyes of Luca'....... Doh

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:11 pm

Leigh misses out due her disgusting bingo wings

Congrats to Suzi Yahoo

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2012, 11:21 am

monty junior wrote:Leigh misses out due her disgusting bingo wings

Incredibly harsh. I think she's done a great job for the BBC and she was more than capable of taking on the role. Suzi Perry is hardly on another level of attractiveness compared to Lee McKenzie. The reason Perry has been offered the job was because she looked like an old bag compared to Pollyanna on the Gadget Show.

Anway, I'll be watching Sky.....

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sat 22 Dec 2012, 12:29 pm

monty junior wrote:Leigh misses out due her disgusting bingo wings

Congrats to Suzi Yahoo

Who is this "Leigh" you speak of?

The person we're discussing here is Lee McKenzie. If you're going to insult someone, at least get their name right. picard

You must be an incredibly shallow individual if you're more interested in how people look, rather than what they can bring to a job. For my money Lee was a great co-presenter and seemed to be well liked by the rest of the team, as well as the drivers. I'm guessing the main reason she didn't get the gig is that she doesn't have a high enough profile...at least not compared to someone like Suzi Perry, who has hosted Moto GP / Superbikes, as well as being on the Gadget Show.

I feel a little sorry for Lee, but have no problem with Suzi taking over from Jake. Can't wait to see how she gets on with David and EJ.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2012, 2:35 pm

Exactly dyrewolf, glad we're in agreement Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Sat 22 Dec 2012, 4:27 pm

Aw jeez guys it was a joke, don't take it to heart though, you defend her like she's a relation. She was ok and i don't think she did a bad job but i doubt she really has the wit or pressing personality to lead a former team boss and driver. She seemed like a bit of a soft touch as well, Suzi Perry will do a better job imo.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Mon 24 Dec 2012, 9:14 am

Yeah but come on, if any of you watched the Gadget Show Suzie Perry often liked to show her legs of ;-) she has nice legs too

Sorry is that shallow of me Laugh

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat 29 Dec 2012, 12:19 am

I just want to see what Sky are going to squeeze Georgie Thompson into next year.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sat 29 Dec 2012, 10:21 am

Critical_mass wrote:Yeah but come on, if any of you watched the Gadget Show Suzie Perry often liked to show her legs of ;-) she has nice legs too

Sorry is that shallow of me Laugh

I was a big fan of the Gadget Show too and Suzi has nice everything Wink I just thought the insults aimed at Lee McKenzie were a bit out of order.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sat 29 Dec 2012, 10:25 am

bogbrush wrote:I just want to see what Sky are going to squeeze Georgie Thompson into next year.

Having watched Sky's coverage of the races not shown on the BBC, I have to ask...what is Georgie's role on the show, other than eye candy? All she seems to do is ask questions to Anthony Davidson, who then explains the technical stuff with the aid of the video replay screen.

And as eye candy goes, I wouldn't say she's all that special...the Gadget Show's Pollyanna is better on that score IMHO.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by minieggs Sun 30 Dec 2012, 10:19 am

IMHO they would almost be better swapping roles !

Whilst I accept SP has a higer/broader profile than LM I think one of the reasons LM hasn't got the job is she is a bit too good at the one she does

I did watch a few MGP when SP used to present and she was very good at the grid walk type stuff as she obviouisly got on with the riders, had a good depth of knowledge and there was always a twinkle in the eye for them (in a nice way) very much like LM

However one gtime I saw her front the whole MGP coverage show and she was poor. TBF it was probably her first go and there may have been tech problems we could not see but I got the impression she was not good at asking the interview questions AND have someone talking in her ear telling her the next question or to excuse/dissmiss something from a co presenter ... quite likely if DC and EJ stay on !!

This is where I think LM has done a better job in the full race weekend she has done

Where JH scored big is he wasn't the big I am and has a natural tallent for co-ordinating things on screen...I do remember how wooden those first few GPs were with the three muskateers .... but since then they have gelled really well ande it's a shame to break the team

I wish SP the best of luck and hope she grows into the roll ... but at this stage I think LM has a head start .... be interesting to see them both onscreen .... or maybe LM already has a sky deal in her back pocket !

minieggs

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Wed 02 Jan 2013, 2:13 pm

i dont find Georgie Thompson attractive. She's oddly shaped Laugh

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Sun 06 Jan 2013, 2:19 pm

I just hope there's none of that mental stuff with Coulthard and Jordan next season. It was annoying and childish with their extravagant arrivals, 100m races and such.

The only thing I think is good about the BBC's coverage is the commentary team. I like Ben Edwards and David Coulthard, however in the other respects Sky wins it all hands down for me.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Mon 07 Jan 2013, 10:41 am

My problem with sky is the build up. Some races the build up is like 2 hours long (including many advert breaks). Just 1 hour no ads before the races please!!!!

Often i sky+ the race and skip all the garbage until about 15 mins before the race.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 07 Jan 2013, 12:20 pm

Personally i turn it on about 10 mins before the race so get the gridwalk and then race

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Mon 07 Jan 2013, 1:20 pm

Yeah exactly, so much p00p to fill in the gaps or repetition from the quali build up. Same with the BBC.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 10 Jan 2013, 10:21 pm

Critical, what are Sky meant to do? Of course they need adverts. Why would they do an hour with no ad breaks? Laugh

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Fri 11 Jan 2013, 3:03 pm

onlytreblewinners wrote:IThe only thing I think is good about the BBC's coverage is the commentary team. I like Ben Edwards and David Coulthard, however in the other respects Sky wins it all hands down for me.
Thought Coulthard was brilliant last year - he often gave a great insight to the technical side and was good at putting it in laymans terms for the punter. He also didnt miss much when the action was coming thick and fast - BBC was ofen showing highlights and you could see just how quick he was in sussing out the situation (which I already knew from watching live). Never thought I'd say this but he was probably better (IMO) than Brundle.

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri 11 Jan 2013, 3:27 pm

^
Agree re Coulthard. There was a few times last season when Brundle/Croft were not quite so quick at picking up what was going on - sometimes even when it was blatantly obvious to the viewer.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by HiGun Tue 22 Jan 2013, 11:31 am

Hi,

Never really come on the F1 board so apols for butting in.

SP was a great presenter on the Gadget Show, fun and informative. Im sure she will be great on F1 once she settles in. Had a lot of troubles in her personal life, which was how Polly W got in on the GS. Not sure about PW, goes out with a high profile golfer...seems to be a bit of a gold digger, apols if Im wrong.

I have been disappointed with the sky coverage, like its trying too hard. GT is a mis fit, not sure why she is there at all, its certainly not for her looks (everyone to their own).

That said Sky have a habit of continuously improving there coverage, their golf coverage is second to none as is their football but that didnt happen over night.

Anyway great and informative forum, cheers!

HiGun

Back to top Go down

Post by daraghj82 Thu 24 Jan 2013, 11:44 am

SteveG wrote:
onlytreblewinners wrote:IThe only thing I think is good about the BBC's coverage is the commentary team. I like Ben Edwards and David Coulthard, however in the other respects Sky wins it all hands down for me.
Thought Coulthard was brilliant last year - he often gave a great insight to the technical side and was good at putting it in laymans terms for the punter. He also didnt miss much when the action was coming thick and fast - BBC was ofen showing highlights and you could see just how quick he was in sussing out the situation (which I already knew from watching live). Never thought I'd say this but he was probably better (IMO) than Brundle.

Is DC staying with the beeb this year ? i hope he is

daraghj82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down