The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henson Sacked

+3
ScarletSpiderman
ospreylian
I Blame Coco
7 posters

Go down

Henson Sacked Empty Henson Sacked

Post by I Blame Coco Tue 26 Apr 2011, 12:32 pm

Henson sacked with immeadiate effect.

http://www.rugbyworld.com/news/gavin-henson-sacked/

story from Guardian newspaper: (link - http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/apr/26/gavin-henson-sacked-toulon-rugby)

Gavin Henson's hopes of making the Wales World Cup squad virtually vanished yesterday when Toulon decided they had seen too much of the 29-year-old centre's bad behaviour and ended his contract after just two starts.

Without a club and without much game time in the passed two season's, Henson will now struggle to prove to Warren Gatland, the Wales coach, that he is a creditable gamble, whereas it was planned for him to appear in the cup warm-up games and possibly the upcoming match against the Barbarians.

Henson, who had been looking for a two-year contract with Toulon, was told to he would not even see out the remainder of this season after a club inquiry into behaviour at a night club in Hyeres when Henson is alleged to have fought with his Australian team mate, Matt Henjak, and bad-mouthed both Jonny Wilkinson and the club captain, Joe van Niekerk.

However, the club owner, Mourad Boudjellal, dropped a considerable hint that Henson would be on his way last Friday when he said: "He has been difficult to manag
e."

Last edited by Hobo on Tue 26 Apr 2011, 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : just added a cut and paste from the guardian)

I Blame Coco

Back to top Go down

Henson Sacked Empty Re: Henson Sacked

Post by ospreylian Tue 26 Apr 2011, 12:41 pm

Gives the boy time for his TV career now.

ospreylian

Back to top Go down

Post by I Blame Coco Tue 26 Apr 2011, 12:46 pm

So much for making the RWC squad.

A move down under has rejuvinated Danny Cipriani maybe a similar move could work for Henson. Failing that, as you hinted Ospreylian a future of reality tv beckons.

I Blame Coco

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 26 Apr 2011, 12:52 pm

He likes teams that wear black (Ospreys, Sarries, Toulon, Welsh Away Kit when he was an international), so logically the only realistic option for him would be the Dragons, Wasps, Aironi, or Neath (he can take sides with Hawkes in the Neath Ospreys fight Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes )
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ospreylian Tue 26 Apr 2011, 3:38 pm

OOOHHHH SS you little tinker.............

ospreylian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Apr 2011, 4:24 pm

Apparently his contract hasn't been terminated yet. Toulon have said they'll make a decision in the next 48hrs or something like that anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 26 Apr 2011, 6:40 pm

I think if he's gone from Toulon for good, he'll head down South. He said years ago he fancied playing in the Super 14 (as it was) one day.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. scotland27 Tue 26 Apr 2011, 8:08 pm

Im not sure he would even do that well down under, because in the last 2 seasons he was playing he hasnt really proved he has the temprement or skills for rugby down there.
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 27 Apr 2011, 11:15 am

To be honest whether or not he is sacked doesn't really matter, he leaves Toulon at the end of the season, so its just a case of whether they let him sod off now or make him sit in the stands until the end of hte season.

Also it will be interesting to see what this WRU meeting is all about with him and Powell. I have a horrible feeling it isn't going to be the back side kicking they need, but more likely the pampering of their egos and letting them know they are going to NZ in the summer.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ospreylian Wed 27 Apr 2011, 12:53 pm

when Gatland arrived (he's not my favourite coach), he told the world that he would only be choosing his team on form, reputation would not be a factor.

If the fears of this WRU meeting are right then Gatland has abandoned that policy, and with it will go ANY chance of world cup success.

ospreylian

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 27 Apr 2011, 2:39 pm

or in this case NOT SACKED...!

very poor journalism by the Gaurdian, mind you it seems everyone picked up this story and got equally mislead.

Now that club owner Mourad Boudjellal and Tom Whitford, the team manager, not only refused to give any guidance on the Henson situation but denied that Boudjellal had spoken to journalists about Henson. "He hasn't said that to anybody. Based on the conversation I had with Mourad, I'd like to know where that came from," said Whitford.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/apr/26/toulon-gavin-henson

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Fri 29 Apr 2011, 7:34 pm

If Toulon wanted to get rid of him theyd of sacked him on the spot. With all these delays its clear Toulon are working very hard to bring all the players involved together and sort this issue out.
Secondly the fact he hasnt been sacked already means Toloun would want him for the longer term. All they had to do was pay up the remaining few weeks of his contract and release him.
The longer this saga goes on the more chance that all the players involved will come to peace with it and Henson will stay at the club.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down