The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Year Review At Matchroom Sports - Eddie Hearn

4 posters

Go down

A Year Review At Matchroom Sports - Eddie Hearn Empty A Year Review At Matchroom Sports - Eddie Hearn

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 30 Dec 2012, 9:14 pm

A fantastic and very in depth discussion with Eddie HEarn about Matchrooms stable and future plans.

He discusses with his main stars like Kell Brook and Tony Bellew etc. the importance of making sure they have a mandatory position before a title shot and why and how he's guided both careers in the way he has.
His major goals for Matchroom and how he wanted to get David Price onto Sky, trying to do deals with other promoters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b4b9uJG2Ng

In the second interview he really goes into detail with how Boxing might not even be on Sky if Matchroom didn't up there game, really interesting stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4Q3sopfdqE

I have to love Matchroom and Eddie Hearn, he really looks as though he desperately wants to help boxing in Britain and I can't help but love him. He seems to want to get the best fights for his fighters constantly and delivering all the time, I can't help but admire the way he talks about boxing.

Thoughts?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

A Year Review At Matchroom Sports - Eddie Hearn Empty Re: A Year Review At Matchroom Sports - Eddie Hearn

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 30 Dec 2012, 10:44 pm

You don't have to love anything.....However I think him and his Dad are fight fans which is good!!!

Sure eventually they'd like to see their fighters fight the best!!

Not sure you can say that about all the British Promoters around at the moment..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

A Year Review At Matchroom Sports - Eddie Hearn Empty Re: A Year Review At Matchroom Sports - Eddie Hearn

Post by superflyweight Mon 31 Dec 2012, 9:06 am

I think one of the differences between the Hearns and other promoters is that they understand that they need to appeal to the masses. That means they look to build a repuation for their fighters through regular fights and building towards fights against big name opponents.

Compare that against Warren who's sole objective seems to be to get his fighters a title and then defend it for an eternity against overmatched opponents and it's easy to see why Sky have opted to go with Matchroom.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 31 Dec 2012, 9:17 am

superflyweight wrote:I think one of the differences between the Hearns and other promoters is that they understand that they need to appeal to the masses. That means they look to build a repuation for their fighters through regular fights and building towards fights against big name opponents.

Compare that against Warren who's sole objective seems to be to get his fighters a title and then defend it for an eternity against overmatched opponents and it's easy to see why Sky have opted to go with Matchroom.

Not sure that had anything to do with Warren. The hearns have their thumbs in a lot of pies and if Sky turned their boxing promotion away who is to say they wouldn't move the darts to another provider as well?

That said the Hearns are great for British boxing at the moment, the way they have brought Yafai on in the last 12 months is fantastic and we'll only see better things from him in 2013.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 31 Dec 2012, 10:50 am

hampo171 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:I think one of the differences between the Hearns and other promoters is that they understand that they need to appeal to the masses. That means they look to build a repuation for their fighters through regular fights and building towards fights against big name opponents.

Not sure that had anything to do with Warren. The hearns have their thumbs in a lot of pies and if Sky turned their boxing promotion away who is to say they wouldn't move the darts to another provider as well?

That said the Hearns are great for British boxing at the moment, the way they have brought Yafai on in the last 12 months is fantastic and we'll only see better things from him in 2013.

I agree that it didn't have anything specifically to do with Warren. I was just pointing out that the way that the Hearns go about their business is a good fit with Sky and in time of austerity, it made sense for Sky to put all their eggs in the Hearns' basket.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 31 Dec 2012, 3:35 pm

The thing that I like most about Hearn is he seems to see the big picture, he's in it for the long haul, he is looking to make boxing a genuinely big, glamorous sport in Britain again. Filling out good arenas, making the fights the real Boxing fans want, building a genuine product, not just getting his fighter the easiest belt and then defending it against nobodies turning people away from the sport. I couldn't be a bigger fan of Eddie Hearn.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down