The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will someone please prepare the padded room and Clozapine......

5 posters

Go down

Will someone please prepare the padded room and Clozapine...... Empty Will someone please prepare the padded room and Clozapine......

Post by Huwball Wed 09 Jan 2013, 12:27 am

Now, I'm not sure if the Western Fail is trying to build up a head of steam, but please... furious

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynation/rugby-news/2013/01/08/wales-coach-reveals-cardiff-blues-star-rhys-patchell-in-contention-for-six-nations-call-up-91466-32561451/

If Howler is actually considering this, then we could be looking at a wooden spoon! Numbnuts was in control for most of the AI's and look what happened there Sad

Everyone knows he wears blue tinted specs, but let's be serious, the kid has only just started playing regional. Look what fastracking did for Prydie - not a lot I think you'd agree

Please let this be a wind up for the sake of a delicate nation teetering on 3rd tier rugby Sad

Anyone agree?? Tumbleweed

Huwball

Back to top Go down

Will someone please prepare the padded room and Clozapine...... Empty Re: Will someone please prepare the padded room and Clozapine......

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 09 Jan 2013, 1:07 am

I think your right.. Probably just a wind up.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Will someone please prepare the padded room and Clozapine...... Empty Re: Will someone please prepare the padded room and Clozapine......

Post by RubyGuby Wed 09 Jan 2013, 9:15 am

I actually disagree here. Patchell has shown composure beyond his years, a great skill set and I think he has what it takes. Comparing him with a winger like Prydie is non-sensical. Its just a shame Gatland's not in charge. Patchell's performance against Munster away was impressive and he is far from flakey. thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 09 Jan 2013, 9:15 am

thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 09 Jan 2013, 9:38 am

'“Rhys is a young, developing player who is an option for us, but whether we pick two or three No.10s in the squad we will have to wait and see,” said Howley.'

He's not being looked at as a starting outside half, nor as a bench option - that's if he's called into the squad at all.

This is a non-story.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 09 Jan 2013, 1:20 pm

Hook and Biggar are in the squad.

Preistland is injured.

The first choice 10 for the Ospreys is in the squad

The first choice 10 for the Scarlets is injured.

The Dragons don't really have a first choice 10 at the moment.

Patchell is the Blues first choice 10.

If they include 3 Flyhalves, I don't see why people are so shocked that a first choice no10 at one of our 4 regions would be considered to be included in that slot.

And the Prydie argument is crap. Prydie was 17 and not playing regional rugby, Patchell is 19 and first choice in regional rugby playing in the HC against Wilkinson/Michalak next week.

Other first choice regional players thrown into international rugby at the age of 19 include, George North, Neil Jenkins and James O'Connor
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Huwball Wed 09 Jan 2013, 3:55 pm

Wales

I'm not saying I advocate mentioning the orange one Run , but lets be honest a couple of games doesn't really justify being touted as being in contention for the international set up ahead of two 1st choice experienced fly halves.

Huwball

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 09 Jan 2013, 4:07 pm

Huwball wrote:Wales

I'm not saying I advocate mentioning the orange one Run , but lets be honest a couple of games doesn't really justify being touted as being in contention for the international set up ahead of two 1st choice experienced fly halves.

Where does Howley say that Patchell will be first choice.

He says that he is considering him for a squad place, but is depends whether they take 2 or 3 Flyhalves in the squad.

That to me read that he is considering him for the 3rd FH spot.

There are 6 Welsh flyhaves occupying starting sport.

Take out Stephen Jones for being too old, Rhys Preistland for being injured and Gavin Henson for not ever playing, and there are 3 starting Welsh flyhalves competing for 2 or 3 places.

Why is anyone surprised that Patchell is being considered, he has alreay displace Tovey and an inform Ceri Sweeney this season - so you can't pick either of them.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down