The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vargas or senchenko next for jmm or manny

5 posters

Go down

vargas or senchenko next for jmm or manny Empty vargas or senchenko next for jmm or manny

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 13 Jan 2013, 3:20 pm

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/2013/pacauiao-marquez-to-choose-between-senchenko-and-vargas-for-april-tune-up-fights/

apparently these are the 2 options for tune fights for each man, with manny getting first dibs. not great opponents but with arum only seeing the $$$ for the manny vs jmm 5 (which is crazy imo) i see why hes not going for a top 5 opponent.

for me manny is done now, and jmm will beat him again, that said if hatton can take senchenko 9 then i think manny could still handle him. vargas is quicker and would be a headache manny doesnt need, but jmm would destroy him, he lost the fight with lopez in my opinion and mayweathers old boy hasnt got the experience to deal with the craft mexican.

how do you think he will pick and what will be the result? personally....

manny vs senchenko- mid round stoppage win for manny
jmm vs vargas- easy decision or late ko jmm

anyone looking forwards to manny vs jmm btw?

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

vargas or senchenko next for jmm or manny Empty Re: vargas or senchenko next for jmm or manny

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 13 Jan 2013, 3:32 pm

Both very soft touches and Pacquiao shouldn't lose

Vargas is the better fight but is a very young and hasn't had any good wins and was very lucky imo to keep his undefeated record after winning a SD over Josesito Lopez. Decent hand speed, little power, average defence, pacquiao will cream him

Senchenko beat Hatton because hatton was shot, ignoring that Hatton had success before fatigue wore on and malignaggi stopped him. Pacquiao will stop him before round 6

JMM-Pacquiao 5 makes sense financially but there isn't really a need for it and someone could get hurt even more and neither Wife's want there men to carry on for health reasons

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

vargas or senchenko next for jmm or manny Empty Re: vargas or senchenko next for jmm or manny

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 13 Jan 2013, 3:43 pm

i think manny should hang up the gloves, he acheived greatness and is never going to replicate his younger selfs speed and verocity. bradley beat him and would again and years ago he wouldnt have seen the 5th.

jmm may have another few fights, and would knock manny out again, but gets nothing from beating vargas

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 13 Jan 2013, 5:03 pm

To be honest I don't see anything wrong with this. Settling back into it fight for Manny, should have him looking like he's firing on all cylinders and will stop Senchenko. Marquez, just a staying in shape fight for Marquez which is very important for Marquez at the stage of the career he's in keeping himself at a higher weight than he is naturally. Both soft touches in terms with what both guys have been fighting of late of course, but still both not terrible opponents.

In terms of Manny being finished, not entirely sure that's true and for me it's not a dead cert that Marquez KO's him again, Manny for me won every round except for the knockdown round for Marquez and for me looked in his best form since '09. To me, he just thought that he had Marquez going and went a bit gung ho and walked into a monster shot.

Doing a disservice to Marquez who had a slightly different tact and was of course looking to walk him into a big one, but I felt for the first time he was genuinely being outboxed by Manny.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sun 13 Jan 2013, 5:21 pm

Until being hit with that sledge hammer of a shot Manny looked his sharpest for some time, easily boxing better than he did against Mosely, Marquez 3 and Bradley. I'd like Manny to end his career on a high rather than being face first in the floor and Marquez 5 is a winnable fight.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 13 Jan 2013, 9:42 pm

to be honest i'd be more interested in the tune up fights, if manny is to end on a high i dont think a fight with jmm is the way to go, he has never comfortably beat him, and should have lost the last two, on a 4-5 round clear decision and ko loss.

if manny wanted a winnable named opponent to end with id go for khan.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 14 Jan 2013, 12:49 pm

according to east side mannys next fight will be in asia too

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Mon 14 Jan 2013, 1:23 pm

I don't see what use senchenko is as a tune up. He's 5 10, and couldn't be any more different than either Manny or Marquez.
I've a whole lot more interest in Manny v Marquez 5 than I had 4. Still kicking myself for not sitting up to watch that live.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 14 Jan 2013, 6:42 pm

I think its more of just a confidence boost and a getting back into the swing of things type of fight rather than get someone stylistically similar. Please tell me these fights aren't going to be PPV, mind. If Primetime comes on telling us Senchenko is a great warrior that blasted Hatton away I will cry.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 15 Jan 2013, 1:16 am

paulie malinaggi would be a good tune up fight, although now he holds a strap at 147 he is unlikely to come down, but i wouldnt put it past him.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down