The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V2 G.O.A.T Awards - Sugar Ray Robinson

+9
Mind the windows Tino.
Lumbering_Jack
captain carrantuohil
Il Gialloblu
TRUSSMAN66
88Chris05
Boxtthis
Rowley
superflyweight
13 posters

Go down

V2 G.O.A.T Awards - Sugar Ray Robinson Empty V2 G.O.A.T Awards - Sugar Ray Robinson

Post by superflyweight Tue 15 Jan 2013, 9:58 am

If anyone is interested - SRR is up against Pele, Schumacher and Hendry so may well need your votes to progress into the next round of the G.O.A.T awards. Boxing has already lost Louis and Greb so it would be good if the P4P number 1 could make it through.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

V2 G.O.A.T Awards - Sugar Ray Robinson Empty Re: V2 G.O.A.T Awards - Sugar Ray Robinson

Post by Rowley Tue 15 Jan 2013, 10:40 am

Superfly have done my bit and voted for Ray. Lovely write up as well by the way, you missed the bit about him ducking Charley Burley but I guess you can't get everything in on these things.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

V2 G.O.A.T Awards - Sugar Ray Robinson Empty Re: V2 G.O.A.T Awards - Sugar Ray Robinson

Post by superflyweight Tue 15 Jan 2013, 10:48 am

I thought long and hard about that, jeff but given the purpose of the write up, thought it best to focus on the positives rather than point out any perceived failings.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Tue 15 Jan 2013, 10:54 am

Voted. He's in a tough group there though. I'd expect Pele to to take that unless we can get the boxer board to vote en masse.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 15 Jan 2013, 10:58 am

I'll second what Jeff said - excellent case you've mae for Ray there, Superfly. Have added my two cents worth and voted for him as well.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 15 Jan 2013, 10:59 am

Looks like it is going to be close so we all need to do our bit on this one.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 15 Jan 2013, 11:05 am

The top 2 go through so hopefully Robinson can stay ahead of Shumacher and Hendry.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Jan 2013, 11:08 am

P4P number 1..... Not in everybody's list..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 15 Jan 2013, 11:21 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:P4P number 1..... Not in everybody's list..

Ali's cabin boys' votes dont count, Truss.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Tue 15 Jan 2013, 11:23 am

Nice work superfly. Voted. OK
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Jan 2013, 11:23 am

At least you can post threads super.....

I must have upset one of the sensitive mods...probably the one that kicked me off and needs to grow up!! Crying or Very sad

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 15 Jan 2013, 11:25 am

Am sure you'll be back to your glorious, rampant best soon enough, Truss.

I thought you'd been particularly pleasant and even-handed lately.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Jan 2013, 11:27 am

Funny thing is last time I got kicked I had a bunch of other mods begging me to come back....

Solidarity...you can't beat it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Tue 15 Jan 2013, 12:00 pm

A pleasant duty to fulfil. Robinson is narrowly ahead as I write, but he and Pele are a mile in front of the other two in the voting as it stands, so he should certainly be going through to the next round.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 15 Jan 2013, 12:30 pm

Ali would beat Robbo in a fight so should surely be higher?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 15 Jan 2013, 12:31 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Ali would beat Robbo in a fight so should surely be higher?

Audley would beat Ricardo Lopez

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 15 Jan 2013, 12:37 pm

Rowley wrote:

Steady on.

Great write up, superfly. I shall go and cast my vote now.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 15 Jan 2013, 12:51 pm

The man's got my vote, and is just ahead of Pele at this stage....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 15 Jan 2013, 12:55 pm

Rowley wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:Ali would beat Robbo in a fight so should surely be higher?

I wouldnt be so sure.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Tue 15 Jan 2013, 7:35 pm

I voted for Sugar Ray Robinson but its very close between him and Pele. Shame they had to be drawn in the same group.

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 15 Jan 2013, 7:57 pm

I'll vote now,

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Jan 2013, 8:17 pm

Rowley seems fascinated by the old timers before weight became an issue....

Pointing out without weight classes Ali beats Robinson..is bonafide!!

Ali was bigger, better chin and had more physical gifts..

I'll forget the Gordy style Audley beats Ricardo Lopez....

Only a d**k would write that..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 15 Jan 2013, 8:18 pm

Call me a d**k again truss, see how that works out for you. Is a perfectly valid point, if you are going to say Ali is better than Robinson because he is bigger than him the same applies to Harrison and Lopez

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Jan 2013, 8:21 pm

You don't usually warn me.....so I appreciate the warning..

What's wrong with stating that Ali wins a matchup and has bigger and better physical gifts!!

Never lost to garbagelike Lamotta in his prime either......

I apologise for the d**k but you were being facetious admit it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 15 Jan 2013, 8:23 pm

Not being facetious at all, prime for prime Audley beats Lopez ten out of ten (well maybe nine) we either consider size a factor or we don't.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Jan 2013, 8:26 pm

Depends on the context of the argument.....

Audley is in a P4P list is he and has Lopez record..?????

Ali has physical advantages...everything should count when doing a p4p list!!

But whatever...

Don't threaten me either......

With all due respect If I get kicked off here it's not the end of the World is it ?????

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 15 Jan 2013, 8:33 pm

So what you're saying is once you sort out say a top ten and obviously the margins at that level become pretty fine you just put them in descending order of size?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 15 Jan 2013, 8:35 pm

I'm being slightly tongue in cheek when I come out with comments like that, but I do think it is a legitimate way to rate fighters.

Take Leonard for example, has a fantastic skill set but will always lose to a 200lb David Haye. Does that mean he is less exciting to watch? No. Does that make his variety if skills less than Haye's? No.

I'll still watch the little men because they provide better entertainment than the bigger men, but they are not as good, because size is something that you can't just discount.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Tue 15 Jan 2013, 8:35 pm

Come on Truss, what else would you do with your spare time? Bearing in mind that you've made almost 9000 posts, let's say an average 5 minutes per post, that gives you a total of 744 hours, or 31 solid days of posting here. You'd shrivel up without 606 v2, old son.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Jan 2013, 8:40 pm

Lumbering.....Ali beats Robbo If they fight..record wise they both dominated aginst good fighters....

A Parkinsons Ali's defeat to Berbick aside and a back end loss to spinks....

He didn't lose in his prime.....

What else would I do??? Probably the same kind of stuff I did last time I was kicked off for no reason........and then asked to come back...

Do I get a badge for reaching 10000 ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 15 Jan 2013, 8:47 pm

Right don't normally care for doing this on the main board as it is distraction but that is the second time Truss you have claimed you were kicked off for no reason, you were not kicked off for no reason. I pm'ed both you and jabmachine to ask you both to stop your constant arguing on here, mainly caused by you constantly regaling him with your ever hilarious Kell Brook jokes, I asked you to either find a way to stop or use the foe button or if you did neither of these I would have no choice to take action. Jabmachine reacted like an adult and said fair enough, you on the other hand, and I believe this is a direct quote told me to shove my threats up my arse . That is why you were banned, as you well know.

As for the reasons you returned the less said about that the better.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Jan 2013, 8:53 pm

Yes but he started it as always........By pouring his usual puke on my threads.......

Why should the victim be treated like the offender....as I pointed out to you!!

So it's not a fair playing field....and you were factually incorrect which I also pointed out...

I've moved on..... but a casual glance back would show that he either called me a WUM or criticised my prose....

which led to the Kell Brook stuff....

I don't bear grudges.

I take back the nature of the pm but not the content......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Tue 15 Jan 2013, 10:32 pm

Skill is more important than size in boxing. If two boxers are exactly the smae level in skill but one is much bigger then the bigger one will win. But if the bigger one is less skilled he wont. Ali himself said Robinson was more skilled than him but he never said Robinson would beat him in a boxing match so its wrong to jump to conclusions.

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Jan 2013, 10:37 pm

shut up...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Tue 15 Jan 2013, 10:41 pm

Why? I was actually backing up your point. There is a real lack of common decency on here sometimes.

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Jan 2013, 10:49 pm

I apologise....

As you were backing up my point...please forgive my rude behaviour!! Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Jan 2013, 11:53 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Yes but he started it as always........By pouring his usual puke on my threads.......

Why should the victim be treated like the offender....as I pointed out to you!!

So it's not a fair playing field....and you were factually incorrect which I also pointed out...

I've moved on..... but a casual glance back would show that he either called me a WUM or criticised my prose....

which led to the Kell Brook stuff....

I don't bear grudges.

I take back the nature of the pm but not the content......

He started it.. he started it.. laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down