The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Championship Sunday Discussion Thread!

+10
Colan (niner)
Number-25
dancingweeman
sodhat
crazy_dave23
mikeygnfl
Skyforger
GSC
Thomond
Good Golly I'm Olly
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Championship Sunday Discussion Thread! Empty Championship Sunday Discussion Thread!

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 20 Jan 2013, 1:39 pm

So today is the day we find out who will be heading to New Orleans for Super Bowl 47!

Will it be a Harbaugh Bowl?
Can Matty Ice make it?
Will Kaepernick be able to repeat his Green Bay performance?
Will Brady-Belichick become the first Head Coach-QB partnership in history to make it to 6 Super Bowls?
Will the Ravens fairytale continue?

So many questions, all will be answered over the coming hours! It should be great
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Championship Sunday Discussion Thread! Empty Re: Championship Sunday Discussion Thread!

Post by Thomond Sun 20 Jan 2013, 1:51 pm

Kaepernick probably won't equal his Green Bay performance as the Falcons will adjust, if things are going horrendously wrong, unlike GB.

Great thing about the read option though is the threat of the run is so great, receivers can often face man to man, and the Niners guys are good enough to take advantage of that. Their running game is also incredibly potent, Crabtree is developing as a passing threat but he has tremendous value in the run game, his blocking is akin to a TE at times.

Smith could kill Talib, who has a tendency at times to get burned by some speedy guys, Smith is a guy capable of that if he lines up opposite him.

Should be two interesting games,.

I want the Ravens and Niners to win but feel the Pats may sneak it unfortunately.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Championship Sunday Discussion Thread! Empty Re: Championship Sunday Discussion Thread!

Post by GSC Sun 20 Jan 2013, 1:59 pm

Matty Ice to the SB. Tbh Wilson is probably better than Kaepernick at this point. Falcons don't play running QBs well though.

I like the Patriots, Belichick isn't going to put Talib on an island against Smith like Denver did with a 36 year old Champ Bailey.y
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 20 Jan 2013, 2:02 pm

I know this is gonna sound weird as a Pats fan with Tom Brady as QB but I really think the way to beat the Ravens D is by running the ball.

I like our D against the run, but I fear against the pass. We get no pass rush, and if Flacco plays like he did in Denver we're gonna struggle
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 20 Jan 2013, 2:06 pm

Flacco can be a bit hit and miss at times but he is good for the big play, I would liken him to Freeman a bit, but you need pieces around him to succeed.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyforger Sun 20 Jan 2013, 3:51 pm

I think the Pats can beat the Falcons, but can't see them beating the 49ers.

So I'm not sure if I'd rather they lost today or go through the heatbreak of yet another lost SB.

Crying or Very sad

Skyforger

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 20 Jan 2013, 3:53 pm

I fear today for us. Brady never plays well against the Ravens and they have the whole Ray Lewis thing going on.

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun 20 Jan 2013, 3:56 pm

It could have and probably should have been the Patriots vs the 49ers in the Super Bowl last year.

They have been the two most consistent teams in the NFL over the past two seasons and anything other than a Patriots vs 49ers Super Bowl will be a bit of a letdown.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 20 Jan 2013, 8:27 pm

Niners D getting torn apart by Matty Ice so far
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 20 Jan 2013, 8:28 pm

Goldson is getting abused
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 20 Jan 2013, 8:42 pm

Olly wrote:Niners D getting torn apart by Matty Ice so far

I want people to remember this for the Fantasy Game!

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 20 Jan 2013, 8:44 pm

haha Dave!

This is strikingly similar to the Falcons-Seahawks game of last week so far...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 20 Jan 2013, 8:46 pm

Looks as if I picked the wrong Falcons WR this week eh...

Time to see what Kaepernick's got. Need a score here or else this could be over by halftime
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 20 Jan 2013, 8:51 pm

Guess now we get to test that theory of "the 49ers aren't a team built to come back from a big deficit"
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun 20 Jan 2013, 9:09 pm

Not a great start for the 49ers. What is it about them when the pressure is on? Almost every time they topped the power rankings this year they got badly beat the week after.

They need to start getting on top of Falcons passing game and quickly.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Sun 20 Jan 2013, 9:14 pm

Kaep just has a serious arm. Man he throws that thing.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 20 Jan 2013, 9:52 pm

Sounds like 2 quality defensive performances so far
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 20 Jan 2013, 10:16 pm

how to shoot yourself in the foot...

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 20 Jan 2013, 10:26 pm

sponsored by the San Francisco 49ers...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 20 Jan 2013, 10:57 pm

Time for the "Yippe Kay-Ay Post Game Show"

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 20 Jan 2013, 11:03 pm

Thats how it ends for Tony Gonzalez. Got his 1 playoff win.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 21 Jan 2013, 12:09 am

If Talib goes out we are royally screwed
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyforger Mon 21 Jan 2013, 12:11 am

Jogged to the locker room, so shouldn't be too bad (fingers crossed)

Skyforger

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 21 Jan 2013, 1:14 am

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/293164298702835712/photo/1
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by dancingweeman Mon 21 Jan 2013, 2:24 am

This has definitely not been worth the tiredness that will come tomorrow.

Just never got started really, and the defence has decided to stop playing completely.

Got 7:30mins to do something Pats..

dancingweeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 21 Jan 2013, 2:26 am

Drops after drops after drops Dancingweeman!

That drop by Welker on 3rd down in the 2nd quarter has swung the game
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by dancingweeman Mon 21 Jan 2013, 2:38 am

Ravens have played well tonight, but if we'd have played anywhere near like we can, we should've won comfortably.

Thought we looked good up until Welkers TD. We've not really got a drive going since then. So frustrating.

dancingweeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 21 Jan 2013, 2:41 am

Talib going down had a big impact on defence.

Offence been crap, just no tempo in it at all. So annoying!

I can't be dealing with all this Harbaugh bowl crap, Ray Lewis retirement rubbish, Flacco will suddenly become "elite". Sucks
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Mon 21 Jan 2013, 9:46 am

Damn! This is a Superbowl that does nothing for me.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 21 Jan 2013, 9:49 am

Yeah this SB sounds awful.

Spoilers for the next 2 weeks no Flacco is not elite
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 21 Jan 2013, 9:53 am

Ultimately Brady just doesn't get it done in the big games anymore
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 21 Jan 2013, 10:00 am

I like this Super Bowl to be fair.

The story of Ray Lewis' final game, a battle between two quarterbacks desperate to prove they belong in the higher eschelons, two brothers on opposing sidelines...

What's not to like?

We could have been treated to two weeks of how much of a genius Belichick is, and whether Brady is the greatest QB of all time.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Mon 21 Jan 2013, 10:22 am

The Superbowl matchup looks great to me! Lewis in his last game, and we can see him and compare him to the new best ILB's in the game, Bowman and Willis. Then you have Reed and Moss looking for their first ring. Harbaugh V Harbaugh. Flacco in the form of his life vs one of the more exciting qb's in the league, and two good defenses.I think anyone that enjoys the tactical side of games would much prefer this matchup, will be competitive. There is nothing not to like, people just don't like something new. If anyone honestly think the SB would be more exciting with the Falcons or Pats in it I'd love to know why

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 21 Jan 2013, 10:49 am

The Harbaugh vs Harbaugh thing really doesn't do anything for me.

And tbh I find it hard to root for a murderer.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 21 Jan 2013, 10:49 am

Not being funny but the 49ers are gonna steamroll the Ravens if they can play like they have done so far. No way the Ravens (who struggle against the run) will be able to handle the read option of the 49ers.

So annoyed that we played so badly in the 2nd half. That was as bad a half of football I have seen us play all season, had to save it for the most important half.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 21 Jan 2013, 10:52 am

niner wrote:The Superbowl matchup looks great to me! Lewis in his last game, and we can see him and compare him to the new best ILB's in the game, Bowman and Willis. Then you have Reed and Moss looking for their first ring. Harbaugh V Harbaugh. Flacco in the form of his life vs one of the more exciting qb's in the league, and two good defenses.I think anyone that enjoys the tactical side of games would much prefer this matchup, will be competitive. There is nothing not to like, people just don't like something new. If anyone honestly think the SB would be more exciting with the Falcons or Pats in it I'd love to know why

49ers-Pats first time round wasn't exactly a bad game was it?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Mon 21 Jan 2013, 10:55 am

For me, I just don't like the Harbaughs enough to get excited about the "brothers" story. Jim is too annoying and John has had too much to say about the Redskins in the past.

Never liked Ray Lewis so could care less about his retirement. His biggest achievement in the NFL is probably building up his personna to the point where everyone seems to have forgotten his involvement in the killing of two men back in 2000. A little girl has grown up without ever seeing her father because of the actions of a group that Lewis was out with that night and Lewis isn't for telling anyone what went on. But hey, he's a hell of a player.....

As for the QBs - Flacco is Mr Vanilla while Colin what's-his-name is tough for Redskins fans to watch cos he's having the success that should be due to Robert Griffin III. RG3 blazed the trail of the pistol offense in today's NFL - this Colin fella is just lucky enough that after being shown how it's done, he's operating it in a team as complete as the 49ers instead of the "held-together-with-sticky-tape" operation that RG3 was working in!

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Mon 21 Jan 2013, 10:56 am

I'm not at all confident the niners will win this, actually favouring the Ravens atm. Even if people don't like the hyped up storylines regarding the Harbaughs and Lewis, I'd say any game including Kap, Gore, Crabtree, Davis, James, Walker, Flacco, Rice, Torrey Smith, Boldin, Goldson, Willis, Bowman, the 49ers Smith brothers etc will be exciting. It will be the physical big boy football that people haven't seen in a while in the big one, I think people don't like the idea of a slugfest but I love a good one. Same as against the Falcons, if the 49ers play anywhere near their best, they are way too good, but the teams know eachother so well that I'm worried,

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 21 Jan 2013, 11:03 am

There is no way in my eyes that the 49ers don't win this game. The only way is if they screw up. Flacco against that secondary and pass rush? Hmmmm

5-0 in superbowls as franchise don't forget
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Mon 21 Jan 2013, 11:05 am

Olly wrote:There is no way in my eyes that the 49ers don't win this game. The only way is if they screw up. Flacco against that secondary and pass rush? Hmmmm

wasn't any coverage or pass rush at all most of the game last night, but I guess the epic performance against Green Bay came after a 2 week layoff so the break can only be good for the Harbaugh gameplan

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 21 Jan 2013, 11:08 am

niner wrote:
Olly wrote:There is no way in my eyes that the 49ers don't win this game. The only way is if they screw up. Flacco against that secondary and pass rush? Hmmmm

wasn't any coverage or pass rush at all most of the game last night, but I guess the epic performance against Green Bay came after a 2 week layoff so the break can only be good for the Harbaugh gameplan

2 more weeks for Justin Smith to get healthy. 2nd half you shut Atlanta out so you coverage wasn't exactly too shabby now was it!

Colin Kaepernick running against the Ravens LB's will be funny. Be lucky if they get a sniff of him
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 21 Jan 2013, 11:28 am

I think its time for the Ryan Mallett era
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 21 Jan 2013, 11:35 am

Anyone see Terrelle Suggs' comments after the game? Classy guy...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 21 Jan 2013, 11:35 am

These are the same Ravens that had a good cry after the game because the Eagles were too physical.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 21 Jan 2013, 11:36 am

sodhat wrote:Anyone see Terrelle Suggs' comments after the game? Classy guy...

Haha read them this morning. Gracious I see Laugh

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyforger Mon 21 Jan 2013, 11:37 am

GSC wrote:Ultimately Brady just doesn't get it done in the big games anymore

When I suggested this in the chat box people laughed at me. In the last few years he just seems to choke when it really matters.

Tebow to New England!

Skyforger

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 21 Jan 2013, 11:38 am

Its time for Belichick to dispense with the gimmick TE and midget offense and find a WR who can go vertical I think.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 21 Jan 2013, 11:39 am

I think the irony of someone who calls himself T-Sizzle calling anyone else an "arrogant pr*ck" is probably lost on him to be fair.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 21 Jan 2013, 11:39 am

GSC wrote:Its time for Belichick to dispense with the gimmick TE and midget offense and find a WR who can go vertical I think.

Wasn't that supposed to be Brandon Lloyd?

Wallace is an FA this year I guess.
Bring back Randy Moss!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 21 Jan 2013, 11:41 am

Desperately need a Red zone threat at WR. Someone in the mould of a Colston.

I would sort out the defence first though for sure.

People suggesting Brady to go, I see no clamour for the Osweiler (spelling) era in Denver Whistle
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next