The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Wood

2 posters

Go down

Chris Wood Empty Chris Wood

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:21 pm

First time back here for a while, so I just wanted to get peoples thoughts on the impact Chris Wood has had on my club Leicester. 6 goals in his first 3 games is nothing short of remarkable, and it could have been 7 in 4 if it were not for the post in our 1-0 victory over Middelsbrough last Friday night. Couple that with the 11 in 19 he scored on loan at Millwall and he could be the Championship signing of the season!

Do people agree or disagree? West Brom fans have you let him go too cheaply at 1 or 2 million pounds (every different media outlet has reported it as a different sum). Millwall fans are you annoyed that he didnt sign permanently with you? And fans of any other clubs, if you disagree with my claims that Wood is the buy of the season, who would you say is and why?

With the squad we have got this has to be Leicesters year for promotion surely. IMO if it doesnt happen this year then it will NEVER happen.

Up the Foxes!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Chris Wood Empty Re: Chris Wood

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:58 pm

We had him in on loan in our league one title winning season, and although he didn't set the world on fire like he has done at Millwall and Leicester this season he still had some goals in him and looked very strong for a player who was only 18 at the time. At the AMEX back in December he scored 2 very good goals and held the ball up wonderfully well all night. He at this moment in time would be the perfect signing. When it was us, Millwall and Leicester fighting it out for him, we never stood a chance getting him with Leicester always in pole position to get the lad. Him and Nugent seem to have formed a good partnership. I can see Leicester getting 2nd place this season or maybe even 1st if Cardiff bottle it as usual. But atm i think those 2 sides are looking the clear cuts for promotion this season.

Good luck for the season though mate and Chris Wood is indeed a very good buy for you lot. OK

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:02 pm

I'm a West Brom fan, and was gutted we sold him. Since he was 16 we've been anticipating him getting a chance. It never came. £1.25m is a bargain (my contacts at there club day its that plus a sell on %).

I'll never forget Wood turning Fabio Cannavaro inside out at there World Cup, aged just 18. I really hope he gets young guys promoted, then scores a hat-trick at the Hawthorns. I love the guy's enthusiasm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:53 pm

Good replies lad. Cheers.

I really think this is the year we get back to the Premier League. In Pearson we trust.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:12 pm

Nigel Pearson is still greatly respected at the Albion, we all hope he does well for you guys. With Woody up front and Pearson on the bench, you're like our little brother still living at home, struggling through his GSCEs. Good luck to you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down