The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The snore fest of the 2013 aussie open final

+4
Henman Bill
CaledonianCraig
JuliusHMarx
LuvSports!
8 posters

Go down

The snore fest of the 2013 aussie open final Empty The snore fest of the 2013 aussie open final

Post by LuvSports! Sun 27 Jan 2013, 1:13 pm

My take on this years Australian Open final
Any feedback would be great thanks Very Happy

http://richard-mills-sports.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/the-snore-fest-of-2013-australian-open.html

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

The snore fest of the 2013 aussie open final Empty Re: The snore fest of the 2013 aussie open final

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun 27 Jan 2013, 1:29 pm

The link is here LS, doesn't need to be on other threads.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

The snore fest of the 2013 aussie open final Empty Re: The snore fest of the 2013 aussie open final

Post by LuvSports! Sun 27 Jan 2013, 1:31 pm

sorry Sad

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 27 Jan 2013, 1:32 pm

Feedback? I won't bother thanks as you might not like what you read.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sun 27 Jan 2013, 1:34 pm

fair enough Smile.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sun 27 Jan 2013, 1:37 pm

Some truth in the article but a bit harsh for Djok fans straight after the match. It certainly wasn't a classic, but it wasn't that bad.

Written like a true Federer fan...

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sun 27 Jan 2013, 1:39 pm

haha cheers bud, I did say i wasn't the most objective.

Can i ask, as i've never known, are you a murray fan?
The name throws me.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jan 2013, 1:43 pm

Short and to the point Smile

Back to another one-sided Nadal v Federer is not what the tour needs right now.

New and fresh blood might well re-invigorate the tour.

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sun 27 Jan 2013, 1:50 pm

totally agree, where do you see that coming from lk?

i really like berankis and goffin, also the fact he isn't 6 ft 5 plus is refreshing but i wonder if they will kick on much.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jan 2013, 1:56 pm

I like Goffin and strangely I like Fognini. Berankis looks like he could be a serious player. Dimitrov I have to say disappointed me given how he ended 2012. Tsonga and Gasquet yes ATP veterans I hope can bridge the gap. If Raonic wins a Slam I will give up following tennis all together!

Whilst Berankis and Tomic had quite a good tournament, they need to build on it and hit the next tournaments to build on momentum and earn some points and some dosh.

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sun 27 Jan 2013, 2:17 pm

Some points:
-Firstly I think the title is a bit harsh on the final, it may not have been to everyone's taste, but calling it a snorefest is unfair.

However:
-I think it was a good article, in terms of the points you made (not the title).
-It was very well written, and frankly a lot better than many people in the media manage.
-Your points on surface homogenisation and how similar they play is correct in many regards.

Don't get me wrong, I think Djokovic and Murray are extremely talented tennis players, their reflex when off the court and returning serve, elasticity, athleticism, and they can hit some scorching winners when they want.
But I think the problem is today they were a bit nervous so they both played a bit conservatively, and both played very very similar stuff.
Too similar.

Last edited by It Must Be Love on Sun 27 Jan 2013, 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jan 2013, 2:23 pm

It was begging for a FH. If you look at when Murray played Federer, Feds went around the FH in the middle of the court if the ball was short. Wasn't much in BH winners DTL. Andy gave Novak's return of serve too much respect and went lights out on the first serve instead of maybe varying the speed like he had most of the tournament. Even the commentators mentioned how Feds found the Murray serve difficult to read. Novak read it like a book all day and that's where Andy for me started to look un-comfortable on serve. Djokovic I think will know he can play better and maybe against a player who might not pin him in the middle of court might have got more aggressive treatment. The first time really that these 2 looked really un-comfortable against each other. I never felt any really got a grip of the match.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Sun 27 Jan 2013, 2:33 pm

I like it but to be completely honest with you, I think you have still some way to go to becoming an accomplished blogger.....

Here, as an example, you can find what a leading blog should look like and get an inspiration for writing.

http://www.wooffiesrafaramblings.com/
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jan 2013, 2:37 pm

Noooooooooooooo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Sun 27 Jan 2013, 2:39 pm

"OK, it's Friday night, I'm on my second glass of wine ... but I think Rafa's neck is so kissable"

I mean, this lady is perfect for Socal Very Happy
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jan 2013, 2:40 pm

I really hope that line is from the blog and not one you have thrown out there Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 27 Jan 2013, 2:40 pm

He's mentioned 'the other place'!!!!

That's a banning offence.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Sun 27 Jan 2013, 2:43 pm

I don't get why so many Wooffie wums over here steam
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jan 2013, 2:44 pm

So out of curiousity would you kiss Rafa's neck JK?

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Sun 27 Jan 2013, 2:49 pm

I only saw the first set up to 4-4, and I must admit at being surprised at how tentative both players were. Novak was the better player though and I was amazed when I heard in the car that Murray had romped the tie break.

In terms of the tentative approach, which from the comments I've read continued for most of the match, I'm surprised that Murray played it that way. I thought he'd go for the throat. He was never going to outlast Novak like he did in New York, not after the semi and a days less rest.

I'll have to watch the full match later to see how it played out, but from what I saw it was the least enjoyable match between these two for a while. Congratulations to Novak though, he's a great champion and a worthy number one. Congrats to Novak fans too.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Sun 27 Jan 2013, 2:51 pm

Nooooooo weird idea! that's Wooffie's exuberance. I would consider a couple of Wta hotties for the task.....
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Sun 27 Jan 2013, 2:54 pm

BTW: out of curiosity, would you kiss Judy Murray's neck?
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 27 Jan 2013, 2:55 pm

Danny_1982 wrote:I only saw the first set up to 4-4, and I must admit at being surprised at how tentative both players were. Novak was the better player though and I was amazed when I heard in the car that Murray had romped the tie break.

In terms of the tentative approach, which from the comments I've read continued for most of the match, I'm surprised that Murray played it that way. I thought he'd go for the throat. He was never going to outlast Novak like he did in New York, not after the semi and a days less rest.

I'll have to watch the full match later
to see how it played out, but from what I saw it was the least enjoyable match between these two for a while. Congratulations to Novak though, he's a great champion and a worthy number one. Congrats to Novak fans too.
Don't. No, really, just don't. Life's too short.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jan 2013, 2:56 pm

I would if a fine scotch came with it

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 27 Jan 2013, 2:56 pm

Jeremy_Kyle wrote:BTW: out of curiosity, would you kiss Judy Murray's neck?
Ok, that's it. Mods, lock this down fast, Ive got my lunch soon.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Sun 27 Jan 2013, 3:06 pm

bogbrush wrote:
Danny_1982 wrote:I only saw the first set up to 4-4, and I must admit at being surprised at how tentative both players were. Novak was the better player though and I was amazed when I heard in the car that Murray had romped the tie break.

to see how it played out, but from what I saw it was the least enjoyable match between these two for a while. Congratulations to Novak though, he's a great champion and a worthy number one. Congrats to Novak fans too.

Ha, really that bad? The first 8 games weren't that exciting but I've seen worse tennis.

Neither of them was playing that well, but I assume Novak must have upped it in the last two sets, no?

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sun 27 Jan 2013, 3:11 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:Some points:
-Firstly I think the title is a bit harsh on the final, it may not have been to everyone's taste, but calling it a snorefest is unfair.

However:
-I think it was a good article, in terms of the points you made (not the title).
-It was very well written, and frankly a lot better than many people in the media manage.
-Your points on surface homogenisation and how similar they play is correct in many regards.

Don't get me wrong, I think Djokovic and Murray are extremely talented tennis players, their reflex when off the court and returning serve, elasticity, athleticism, and they can hit some scorching winners when they want.
But I think the problem is today they were a bit nervous so they both played a bit conservatively, and both played very very similar stuff.
Too similar.

cheers bud, really nice response, much appreciated, hows tennispulse going?

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sun 27 Jan 2013, 3:38 pm

No worries LS OK

SportPulse doing well Smile

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 27 Jan 2013, 3:39 pm

Danny_1982 wrote:
bogbrush wrote:

Ha, really that bad? The first 8 games weren't that exciting but I've seen worse tennis.

Neither of them was playing that well, but I assume Novak must have upped it in the last two sets, no?
No. Andy dropped it.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down