The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bret comments on HHH

+14
RinoGattuso
NickisBHAFC
Nakatomi Plaza
JamesLincs
Kid Vicious
talkingpoint
Dolphin Ziggler
VoiceOfTheVoiceless
VDT
bretmeharty
crippledtart
GSC
Adam D
Hero
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bret comments on HHH - Page 2 Empty Bret comments on HHH

Post by Hero Fri 01 Feb 2013, 6:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

Bret was recently interviewed and shared his candid feelings on Triple H. Here is what he had to say...

"I have a certain amount of respect for Triple H. I remember when he first came in, I remember commenting on stuff that he did. Because I'd usually give wrestlers my thoughts and try to help them on stuff... Triple H has always been a good wrestler. But great? What is he now, a 1,000 time world champion? How great really is he?

"I look at [CM] Punk... I can look at certain wrestlers and I go, this guy is an innovator. Like a Rey Mysterio, who's done stuff that no one has ever thought of before. Punk has done stuff -- really unique moves and you go, 'gee I've never seen anything like that before.' They innovate all the time, and they create new sequences and moves and things.

"Then you look at someone like Triple H. When I look at him -- he's always had a good look as far as his body went -- he always had a pretty muscular physique. But you look at someone like Hunter and you wonder, what has he really done. One move that he ever created that nobody ever saw before or some highspots or an idea for a match... He's mostly a guy that just showed up and they made him. He's always been a decent wrestler -- I would consider him a good wrestler and pretty talented. But great? I don't know, I don't think so.

"What has he ever done that's great? He's never had a great match, I don't think ever. Whenever I look at Triple H's matches, including the last one he had with Undertaker -- and I don't really mean it as a knock -- but I told myself before I watched it because I'm trying to like Paul now these days, that I want to see him do something to make me think he's got greatness in him.

"Before Triple H wrestled Undertaker last year, I remember watching it and going, 'I can picture the whole match in my head, I can tell you exactly what this match is going to be like and how it's going to go. And I remember watching it and it went exactly how I predicted it... I thought it was mediocre at best, maybe a 4 out of 10, or 3 out of 10.

"I think Paul is a little overrated... overrated for being great. I can sit here and tell you that there was one match that he ever had with anybody that I thought was great. It's kind of a shame, he should have a great match somewhere.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Bret comments on HHH - Page 2 Empty Re: Bret comments on HHH

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 05 Feb 2013, 3:13 pm

Mr H wrote:Quite simply Bret Hart is off his rocker if he thinks the Hell in a Cell match was a 3.5 out of 10. It doesnt matter how you want to analyse the match, if you ask 100 people to rate it out of 10 i dont think anyone would give it 3.5.

He says HHH is 'overated for being great'. Who actually thinks HHH is 'great' though? When we do our GOAT lists on here i dont recall seeing HHH featuring in many Top 10s? HHH is very good but i dont think he can be 'overated for being great' when he's not widely regarded as being 'great'.

For me it's obvious that Bret still has personal issues with HHH and airing them publicly by playing down his match with The Undertaker only makes Bret look the fool.

For the record, and i know alot of you wont agree, i actually think HHH is more charasmatic and enjoyable to watch and listen to than Bret Hart.

You won't get any disagreement from me, I think HHH is much more of an all round talent than Hart and would probably be sniffing on the end of a Top 10 ATG All Rounders (which I must finalize one day),

In terms of the match Hart did say it was his view on the match and there is grounds to say that he is telling the truth if he was able to call it move for move. In a match that was built on drama and suspense rather than technically skill that could have been a killer for him.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 05 Feb 2013, 3:33 pm

I don’t know if many of you recall but back on 606 I ran a ‘Greatest’ series of polls that asked everyone to nominate their top ten under a series of different categories such as ‘talker’, ‘move set’, ‘OMG’ moment etc. They then scored in reverse order (so if they came first they got 10 points from that person’s vote.

Here’s how they panned out:

Charisma; HHH = 12, Hart = 25 (neither guy came out overly charismatic, personally surprised though that Bret was higher)
Face; HHH = 18, Hart = 86 (Bret the clear winner as expected in this vote)
Heel; HHH = 138, Hart = 34 (again HHH the clear winner as expected)
Image; HHH = 35, Hart = 73 (the pink shades and black leather jacket were iconic, thought HHH’s DX image may have got him more points though)
OMG moment; HHH = 33, Hart = 222 (I think you ask any wrestling fan to think of an OMG moment and Montreal will be there or thereabouts)
Talker; HHH = 47, Hart = 22 (No surprise on the winner but I’d have thought HHH’s points would have been higher)
Worker; HHH = 34, Hart = 213 (Bret came top of the poll on this one, don’t think it can be argued by many either)
Draw; HHH = 41, Hart = 82 (Bret was double the draw of HHH according to the poll but both were down the list, Bret was 8th)
Move Set; HHH = 33, Hart = 222 (Bret second again on the list behind Kurt Angle)
Overall; HHH = 44, Hart = 164 (This was as an overall package which again Bret romped)

In the end I then totted up the entire points divided by votes and worked out the grand champion
Bret ended up as the 8th best total package of all time, HHH down in 17th and I’d probably agree with HHH’s placing there, he’s never been the best at anything, a very good foil to some of the greats as previously stated, but never really the guy the company should be centred around.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2