The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Italy v France Match Thread

+41
emack2
UlstermaninGlasgow
Morgannwg
stub
VinceWLB
Notch
AlastairW
bsando
funnyExiledScot
Ospreydragon
EnglishReign
Brian Moores Twin
Barney McGrew did it
Golden
eirebilly
wolfball
hodge
Pot Hale
Red Right
tigertattie
Knackeredknees
George Carlin
whocares
Duty281
HammerofThunor
mystiroakey
wales606
LeinsterFan4life
asoreleftshoulder
kingjohn7
GLove39
majesticimperialman
PenfroPete
maestegmafia
sensisball
Pal Joey
nathan
IanBru
GunsGerms
Cari
Sugarlump
45 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Italy v France Match Thread - Page 6 Empty Italy v France Match Thread

Post by Sugarlump Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Bonjour and Ciao.

After the best opening two matches of a 6N tournament for many years I'm particularly looking forward to what our counterparts from the continent can produce today.

France will be looking to crush the Azzurri after the upset two years ago while Italy will be looking to prove that the result was no mere fluke.

Too many potential French match winners to mention them all (TV coverage about to start) I'll update the teams in a mo. Hoping to see a big game from Masi and for Benvenuti to continue his progress and there's debut for lock Francesco Minto.

Lets hope it's another cracker! boxing

Italy Team

Andrea Masi, Giovanbattista Venditti, Tommaso Benvenuti, Alberto Sgarbi, Luke McLean, Luciano Orquera, Tobias Botes, Sergio Parisse (captain), Simone Favaro, Alessandro Zanni, Francesco Minto, Quintin Geldenhuys, Martin Castrogiovanni, Leonardo Ghiraldini, Andrea Lo Cicero.

Replacements: Davide Giazzon, Alberto De Marchi, Lorenzo Cittadini, Antonio Pavanello, Paul Derbyshire, Edoardo Gori, Kristopher Burton, Gonzalo Canale.

France Team

Huget; Fofana, Fritz, Mermoz, Fall; Michalak, Machenaud; Picamoles, Dusautoir, Ouedraogo, Maestri, Pape (capt), Mas, Szarzewski, Forestier. Replacements Kayser, Debaty, Ducalcon, Taofifenua, Chouly, Parra, Trinh-Duc, Bastareaud

Last edited by Sugarlump on Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:06 pm; edited 4 times in total

Sugarlump

Back to top Go down

Italy v France Match Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Italy v France Match Thread

Post by VinceWLB Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:20 pm

That's what playing in the rabo does for italian rugby, great to see.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:22 pm

VinceWLB wrote:That's what playing in the rabo does for italian rugby, great to see.

It has certainly improved their fitness and handling skills.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:23 pm

There you go, French coach just said "...all due respect to Wales, we need to win today wasn't acceptable..." Oh gawd. I'm nervous already.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:25 pm

Cari wrote:There you go, French coach just said "...all due respect to Wales, we need to win today wasn't acceptable..." Oh gawd. I'm nervous already.

It's ok, we will shake their confidence a bit more by beating them at home Smile

Remember, Wales will want revenge too, we are the only team to have lost at home.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:25 pm

Cari wrote:There you go, French coach just said "...all due respect to Wales, we need to win today wasn't acceptable..." Oh gawd. I'm nervous already.

come on cari its just talk..

it was allways gonna be tough- but lets not think it will be harder after there weaknesses have been exposed!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:28 pm

Well done to Italy - a fantastic result finishing off a brilliant weekend of rugby. Don't you just love this time of year?

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:28 pm

True Mystiroakey...I know that next week I'll be a bag of nerves between our match and the Ireland one, but the Scottish one will also be exciting. I can't wait to be honest...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Moores Twin Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:35 pm

What a great weekend of rugby, I wonder When England will be releasing the Grand Slam celebration DVD?

Brian Moores Twin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:36 pm

Brian Moores Twin wrote:What a great weekend of rugby, I wonder When England will be releasing the Grand Slam celebration DVD?

You didn't hear? came out last week Shocked

AlastairW

Location : Moustache twirling, cloak swishing, cackling evil English panto bad guy. The Great Destroyer of the HC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Moores Twin Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:42 pm

What for Pre order?

Brian Moores Twin

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:46 pm

Cari wrote:Oh bless, the Italian team are still walking around the stadium...Parisse is hugging TV people!

And people have the cheek to call the English condescending...

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Moores Twin Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:48 pm

Did Wales do a lap of shame after yesterdays game?

Brian Moores Twin

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:55 pm

This game will surely be known as the best game that Italy as produced against the French.

Well done Italy. Well done. clap clap clap

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugarlump Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:04 pm

I think in terms of overall team performance and fitness to maintain the levels of intensity, that's the best I've ever seen Italy play. Take a bow Pro12

Sugarlump

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:06 pm

Wow. Just wow. And now France will surely beat Wales by an even bigger score next week? I think Howley better quit his post now because come next sunday I'm almost certain the welsh public will start sending him death threats.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:06 pm

What we have learned from the Heineken cup and opening weekend of the 6N, all Rabo nations must come together and remain strong v the APL and their selfish proposals. A strongItaly has just lit up the 6N. This wouldnt be possible if their teams werent given automatic HC entry. This should be protected at all costs!!!!

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:16 pm

GunsGerms wrote:What we have learned from the Heineken cup and opening weekend of the 6N, all Rabo nations must come together and remain strong v the APL and their selfish proposals. A strongItaly has just lit up the 6N. This wouldnt be possible if their teams werent given automatic HC entry. This should be protected at all costs!!!!
thumbsup

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:19 pm

Morgannwg wrote:Wow. Just wow. And now France will surely beat Wales by an even bigger score next week? I think Howley better quit his post now because come next sunday I'm almost certain the welsh public will start sending him death threats.

I'm not sure that the French will be that confident next weekend. I'm hoping the Welsh can compound their problems...

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Moores Twin Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:19 pm

Its not just the APL by the way I also think the French aren't too happy, they just don't have the stomach for a showdown.

Brian Moores Twin

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:22 pm

stub wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:Wow. Just wow. And now France will surely beat Wales by an even bigger score next week? I think Howley better quit his post now because come next sunday I'm almost certain the welsh public will start sending him death threats.

I'm not sure that the French will be that confident next weekend. I'm hoping the Welsh can compound their problems...

France have backlashed us after losing to Italy before. France heading for the spoon is what we're all hoping for, but realisticly it's only Wales heading for that particular wooden object right now. I just know the Howler is going to start with the exact same XV Sad. I also hope. If some rotation is introduced and the guys play that second half rugby throughout we might be in with a chance.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:23 pm

GLove39 wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:What we have learned from the Heineken cup and opening weekend of the 6N, all Rabo nations must come together and remain strong v the APL and their selfish proposals. A strongItaly has just lit up the 6N. This wouldnt be possible if their teams werent given automatic HC entry. This should be protected at all costs!!!!
thumbsup
+1000 and why bonus points should never be involved in the 6N...
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:25 pm

Agree. Bonus points are a tertible idea. Six nations is already the biggest, best show in rugby.Why change it?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:27 pm

OK

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:28 pm

Brian Moores Twin wrote:Its not just the APL by the way I also think the French aren't too happy, they just don't have the stomach for a showdown.
The French have said that they want to keep the HC, but they do want a new deal.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:28 pm

Wow,thats torn up the Formbook,Italy are no pushovers for anyone now.
The 6Ns are wide open now nothing can be taken for granted now.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:36 pm

If people are trying to claim its all down to the rabo that Italy won, are they now going to blame the Rabo for wales and Scotland losing?

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:38 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
stub wrote:

France have backlashed us after losing to Italy before. France heading for the spoon is what we're all hoping for, but realisticly it's only Wales heading for that particular wooden object right now. I just know the Howler is going to start with the exact same XV Sad. I also hope. If some rotation is introduced and the guys play that second half rugby throughout we might be in with a chance.

You looked great in the 2nd half and could have turned the result around but for some heroic Irish defence. As you say let's hope that Howley learns from what worked!

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:39 pm

The fact they beat France is probably more to do with a French coach and the passion of the italians. Italian teams in the Rabo and Europe is essential for the future of Italian rubgy.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Moores Twin Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:40 pm

Knackeredknees wrote:If people are trying to claim its all down to the rabo that Italy won, are they now going to blame the Rabo for wales and Scotland losing?

That's a fair point!

I just don't get why people don't accept that rugby is a simple game if you play it correctly, Italy are learning that, Wales France and Scotland just didn't turn up for large periods of the game at this level you can't expect to win if you play like that.

Brian Moores Twin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:40 pm

emack2 wrote:Wow,thats torn up the Formbook,Italy are no pushovers for anyone now.
The 6Ns are wide open now nothing can be taken for granted now.

yeah apart from England GS'ing it offcourse kiss

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:41 pm

Knackeredknees wrote:If people are trying to claim its all down to the rabo that Italy won, are they now going to blame the Rabo for wales and Scotland losing?

Wales lost to a Rabo team so that actually counts as a moral victory for the Rabo :-)

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:42 pm

was very good to see Italy win...would be good to have a 6 nations, where all 6 sides are actually competing with each other, and not one side getting battered every week!

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:45 pm

Wales played another Rabo nation, had to be a Rabo loser.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugarlump Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:46 pm

The Italians did play smart rugby and with a composure we have rarely seen from them in the past. I don't think it's beyond possibility their competing in the Pro12 has helped.

I also don't think it's a reason to re-ignite the 'English are nasty meanies' debate either, that's for other threads and there will be plenty of opportunity for English bashing later. Why don't enjoy the result for what it is... The end of the best opening weekend of the 6N ever (that I can remember!) angel

Sugarlump

Back to top Go down

Post by Irishhoneymonster Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:48 pm

Fantastic win congratulations Italy! The better team won and I even feel Owens was a bit harsh on Italy at times. Also, it would have been an absolute travesty if France had stolen that game.

Italy look good I have to say, strong scrum as you'd expect but also very strong in defence and good at the breakdown. But the big thing for me is that their backline and open play has really come on in last few years and they showed some great penetration in getting over the gain line. Enterprising Rugby with minimal errors. Things are really coming along nicely.

As for France, well it's just a case of which France turns up. I know it's a cliche and some people here may not agree but it has always been the same with France there is no getting away from that fact. It's a psychological thing/mindset and now they will be under pressure from their media and I am more than half expecting a backlash next week. God help Wales!

Irishhoneymonster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wi11 Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:27 pm

Italy could easily win their next two games. That would mean that regardless of what happened to them at Twickenham, they would be playing their final game with a chance of winning the championship. And if that were the case, who would bet against them getting one over on Ireland?

Wi11

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:41 pm

Respect to Italy. I thought they'd give the French a game but didn't expect them to win once they went behind. Great bit of defending at the end.

Definitely think they could do well in Scotland next time and think it would be good for the Six Nations and Italian rugby if they could get two or three wins on the board.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:42 pm

GunsGerms wrote:

Wales lost to a Rabo team so that actually counts as a moral victory for the Rabo :-)

Ok I'll give you that one Hug

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:42 am

Amazing win by Italy! One of the best 6N games in years! Incredible stuff to hold out at the end there! guinness guinness thumbsup

That Parisse v Picamoles clash was worth watching for alone, 1-0 to Parisse for me, awesome performance!
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6