The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Draft - Live

2 posters

Go down

NFL Draft - Live Empty NFL Draft - Live

Post by The Mangler US_UK Fri 29 Apr 2011, 1:07 am

Watching live (yay for streaming video). I'll update while sitting here at work for as long as I can.

Boy, the commissioner is hearing it from the NY crowd.

1. Carolina -- Cam Newton QB

hmmm Miller on the phone, but don't see any Denver execs on phone. Miller's boo hooing. Denver execs high fiving each other. Let's see where he's going. More booing of Goodell.

2. Denver -- Von Miller LB

I'm bummed, would have liked to see him as a Card. Bills on the clock. Miller, who is one of those suing the NFL, is hugging commish.

Dareus on the phone, looks like he's going to the chilly north

3. Buffalo -- Dareus. Def Line. He'll help out against the #32 team versus the run last season.

Cincy picked quick.

4. Cincinnati -- A.J. Green WR

Damn, wouldn't have minded seeing him as a Card. I thought they'd pick a QB. Guess stubborn Mike Brown thinks he'll be able to bring Palmer around.

Okay, i'm on pins and needles as my Cards are on the clock. Hmmm Peterson on phone, not Gabbert.

5. Arizona -- Patrick Peterson CB
Looks like we're going for a veteran free agent QB. I'm not unhappy. Got maybe the best athlete in the draft to pair with DRC. Looks like Cleveland is trading. Atlanta is vaulting up. Looks like it'll be Julio Jones.

6. Cleveland Atlanta (moving up from 27) -- Julio Jones WR
Wonder what kind of a king's ransom Atlanta paid. But they're making a move because they feel they're on the edge of a championship. Giving a 1st (2012) and 4th rounder. Matt Ryan gets an early Xmas present -- with Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez and now Julio -- some nice targets.

I'm thinking Gabbert goes to SF.

7. San Francisco -- Aldon Smith DE -- 49ers moving him from 4-3 to a 3-4 and will have him play Outside LB. Do the Titans take Gabbert to replace Young?

8. Tennessee -- Jake Locker QB -- wow!!!! Huge shocker. I thought Locker was going to go late in the round. Gabbert must be feeling like Aaron Rodgers and Brady Quinn sitting there waiting with cameras on him.

Been quick picks, till now. Dallas fielding calls? Well, doesn't look like the got the deal the wanted and put in a pick. Just waiting.

9. Dallas -- Tyron Smith OL -- Cowboys going for a big body to blow holes in the defensive line.

Surely Redskins take a QB -- I'd bet my bottom dollar. Nope Jacksonville moving up 6 spots by trading 2nd round pick.

10. Washington Jacksonville -- Gabbert QB -- Looks like he'll be behind Gerrard. Wonder if they'll have him sit and learn since he's a college spread QB or let him compete. Since Cards bypassed him, he should be a future Hall of Famer.

Surprised Redskins traded their spot because McNabb and Interceptasaurus Rex are obviously not the Man in Washington. Guess they didn't believe in Gabbert but have to use one of their two 2nd round picks on a QB.

Houston will probably be going Defense since they have a red hot offense.

11. Houston -- Watt DE

Going to set him and Mario Williams after Peyton Manning.

12. Minnesota -- Ponder QB -- didn't see that one coming.
Commentators were saying the Redskins liked Ponder -- must be having an 'oh damn' moment having traded down.

13. Detroit -- Fairly DT -- Man, who is going to run on the Detroit line?!? Suh, Vanden Bosch and now Fairly. Beasts!! But no help on the O line to keep Stafford and his glass shoulder intact.

14. St. Louis -- Quinn DE Spagnoluolo is defensive-minded, so no surprise here.

Miami going QB, RB? Have the given up on Henne? Ingram would be a good pick since Williams is old and Brown has had knee issues.

15. Miami -- Pouncey C joining his twin brother in the NFL . Redskins on the board again. Going to trade again? Nope pick is in.

16. Redskins -- Kerrigan LB They needed help defensively. Guess they don't won't a QB with this high of a pick. Maybe think they can get a quality QB lower down?

Pats on the clock -- man, they have 6 picks in the first 92 -- and that's after losing picks from Spygate. Belichick stores draft picks like a squirrel stores nuts.

Still booing the commish (could be booing Pats i suppose)

17. New England -- Solder OL

18. San Diego -- Liuget DE

Well, time for me to leave work so this is as far as I'll get for now.

Last edited by The Mangler US_UK on Fri 29 Apr 2011, 2:56 am; edited 42 times in total

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

NFL Draft - Live Empty Re: NFL Draft - Live

Post by CFCNick Fri 29 Apr 2011, 1:26 am

Perhaps Gabbert for Arizona?

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down