The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxing Podcast 6th Feb with Martin Murray

+3
Seanusarrilius
hampo17
Adam D
7 posters

Go down

Boxing Podcast 6th Feb with Martin Murray Empty Boxing Podcast 6th Feb with Martin Murray

Post by Adam D Wed 06 Feb 2013, 9:29 pm

Tonight we are joined by Martin "The Power" Murray ahead of his world title fight with the boxer who many consider the number 2 P4P fighter in the world, Sergio Martinez.

During the interview, Martin talks openly about his ambitions going forward, his experiences so far and also his chances of fighting in America in the future. Martin comes over as a top bloke who obviously loves what he does and someone who is obviously incredibly dedicated to being in the form of his life come April in Buenos Aires.

I hope you enjoy the interview and a big thank you to Martin for taking the time to speak to us this evening.

As well as the interview, Paul and I talk about the Kell Brook situation, as well as what we think is the bext format for boxing going forward in the UK - is it more on C5, Boxnation or Sky (+Sky PPV).

As always, we would love to hear what you think and you can tell us below or drop us an email at boxing@v2journal.com

But for the time being - here is the podcast (Click Here)

Enjoy and please let others know about this show!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Boxing Podcast 6th Feb with Martin Murray Empty Re: Boxing Podcast 6th Feb with Martin Murray

Post by hampo17 Thu 07 Feb 2013, 10:00 am

Any feedback on last nights show?

He came across as a nice guy I thought who realised he'd hit the jackpot when he fought Sturm, and the fact he was so open about his stamina concerns going in to the fight surprised me.

Really hope he brings back the belt, even if his chances are slim.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Boxing Podcast 6th Feb with Martin Murray Empty Re: Boxing Podcast 6th Feb with Martin Murray

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 07 Feb 2013, 1:11 pm

At work, but will be listening to it at some point. Looking forward to it!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 07 Feb 2013, 7:52 pm

it would be the upset of the year if he manages to bring back the title

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 07 Feb 2013, 8:42 pm

D/Ling now will give it a listen

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 07 Feb 2013, 9:14 pm

Cheers Alex - hope you enjoy it.

I have enjoyed every single one we have done so far.

I know its sad but I am really proud of the guests we have had on! Bearing in mind we have only done 6 shows, having 6 guests on is pretty good going!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Fri 08 Feb 2013, 3:16 pm

Loving your work guys. As a long time listener of American boxing podcasts I have to commend you on yours. Have caught up with all of them now. The special guests just seem to get better. Paul fair play for asking the difficult question, asking Martin about not throwing enough against Strum (in certain rounds) and fair play to Martin for answering honestly. I thought he came across as a top man.

Hope he picks up a large following, I think he's better than Barker and 50/50 against Macklin, but would love to see all that decided in the ring, big nights big crowds, big purses, those kind of fights could put British boxing back in the publics consciousness.

As for the Sergio fight, hopefully Murray can spoil the home coming, I think he's going to be walking into a caustic environment (that whole Falkland's thing seems to be kicking off at the wrong time), the Strum fight will stand to him. He should focus on the fact that really all the pressure is on Sergio. I certainly don't see Sergio having it all his own way. Hopefully Martin can capitalise on his chances, I think there could be some early opportunities, if he can just unsettle Martinez from the off.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 08 Feb 2013, 4:10 pm

Another impressive undertaking Adam and Hampo, am still going to avoid being too fulsome or effusive in my praise until you get Prince Naseem on one of these.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down