The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

32 Teams in 32 days: Philadelphia Eagles

4 posters

Go down

32 Teams in 32 days: Philadelphia Eagles Empty 32 Teams in 32 days: Philadelphia Eagles

Post by GSC Thu 07 Feb 2013, 1:32 pm

Record: 4-12
Offense: 15th (Passing: 13th, Rushing: 13th)
Defense: 15th (Passing: 9th, Rushing 23rd)

What went right?
Jackson and Maclin had underrated years, Foles and Brown showed some promise, Fletcher Cox had a good year. Brandon Graham unbusted a bit with some good play. DeMeco Ryans was good at MLB

What went wrong?
Of the 4 good OL players, 3 went on IR, everyone else sucked. Vick was ineffective/hurt. Celek sucked. Cole and Babin had poor years. Secondary was just awful. They somehow got worse by firing Castillo.

Prospects for 2013?
The Eagles have the best chance of a turnaround of the 4 mentioned so far, simply because the NFC East isn't very good and RG3 has 1 knee. There are building blocks for new coach Chip Kelly to work around, but he has find a QB. Some big decisions needed in the secondary, Nnamdi can't play anymore, safeties suck, DRC inconsistent.

Projected 2013 Draft Pick?
At this point Geno Smith looks mighty tempting at #4, and the phones will probably begin to buzz if hes still around. If Chip and Roseman decide hes a franchise QB then he'll be the pick, but I'm guessing they decide he isnt the guy. So, that leaves 2 probable options in my mind, If Todd Grantham ends up DC bringing Jarvis Jones with him will be mighty tempting, but ultimately they'll look at the secondary and know they need 2-3 new starters there, so therefore the Eagles take Dee Milliner.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

32 Teams in 32 days: Philadelphia Eagles Empty Re: 32 Teams in 32 days: Philadelphia Eagles

Post by GSC Thu 07 Feb 2013, 4:23 pm

Should probably amend this now they've hired Billy Davis and will be going to a 3-4
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

32 Teams in 32 days: Philadelphia Eagles Empty Re: 32 Teams in 32 days: Philadelphia Eagles

Post by mikeygnfl Thu 07 Feb 2013, 4:56 pm

I have them down for Eric Fisher with their first pick assuming Joeckel and Geno Smith are gone by fourth.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Thu 07 Feb 2013, 6:26 pm

I'm still nowhere near up to speed on who's who in this year's draft to chat about who the Eagles might take. My experience of watching them play the Redskins last year however tells me that their secondary is dreadful so maybe they go that way.

I also agree that the NFC East is one of the easier divisions to turn yourself around in. I didn't realise until the other day that no team had repeated winning the NFC East since the Eagles won 4 in a row from 2001 to 2004. Recent history therefore tells you that the Redskins won't win it next year. With the Giants in a bit of salary cap induced flux, that just leaves the consistently inconsistent Cowboys as the team Philly need to aim for!

For all they sucked big time last season and weren't that great the season before, I still say this is a team with more talent than they're showing. Might just come down to whether or not Chip Kelly is the right man to coach it out of them.

Fascinated to see what they do at QB. Foles or Vick or someone not yet on the roster...... Is Geno Smith a good fit here? I'd be surprised if they go that way but Vick is no long-term answer and Foles is still anybodys guess. Unlike Jacksonville, KC and Oakland however, I think Philly should be looking to make sure they have a QB in place next season that can help them win cos there's still too much other talent knocking around the place to waste. Oh, and they need to make LeSean McCoy sees the ball next season.... a lot!! Too good a player to be left going to waste.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Thu 07 Feb 2013, 10:28 pm

Only thing I'm interested in about the Eagles is DRC. I think he is a free agent and he could be had on a pretty cheap deal. Would love Revis but this is realistic and the 49ers could get him back to pro bowl days.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 07 Feb 2013, 10:33 pm

Given they're cutting Nnamdi I doubt theyd let DRC walk as well
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 08 Feb 2013, 6:40 pm

Even more unlikely given the new DC got him to the pro bowl in 2009
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down