The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch vs Kessler

5 posters

Go down

Froch vs Kessler Empty Froch vs Kessler

Post by hampo17 Sat 09 Feb 2013, 7:43 am

I watched some of Kesslers fights last night on boxnation and they showed his fight with Allan Green. The way he got buzzed in the first round has given me this niggling doubt that Froch could have an easy night if he turns up like he did against Bute.

I'm hoping this doubt goes away and it's a good fight but it certainly put some questions out there.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Froch vs Kessler Empty Re: Froch vs Kessler

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 09 Feb 2013, 10:07 am

No chance, its not going to be easy but I expect Froch to win. Kessler got caught cold that's all.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 09 Feb 2013, 10:11 am

You've got to remember, Allan Greene may not be the best fighter on the planet, but that was at 175lb and for all his limitations, Green is a devastating puncher and if he lands right he can take any 175lber out.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Sat 09 Feb 2013, 11:07 am

I think Kessler could have showed a little bit more class during his celebration of the KO.

I heard this advice in a gym when I was a boy.

Celebrate KO's but when your opponent doesn't attempt to get to his feet, show a little sensitivity. You never know what might happen. And if something terrible should happen you might live to regret your overzealous celebrations.

TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 09 Feb 2013, 11:14 am

TheMackemMawler wrote:I think Kessler could have showed a little bit more class during his celebration of the KO.

I heard this advice in a gym when I was a boy.

Celebrate KO's but when your opponent doesn't attempt to get to his feet, show a little sensitivity. You never know what might happen. And if something terrible should happen you might live to regret your overzealous celebrations.

I think it's hard though, I understand it, but I think you're just overcome by emotion, you've trained for months and you get your success at the end of it, I think it is understandable in the heat of the moment.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Sat 09 Feb 2013, 11:31 am

In part I agree.

However, part of training and being a boxer is trying not to allow your heart rule your head. Never get angry and refrain from frustration. Suppress negative emotion and get the job done.

By all means celebrate. Gush with emotion. Momentarily.

Personally, I think its quite sobering seeing someone unconscious.

I don't know what sport you play, but imagine playing football, scoring a Goa,l celebrating, and then realising the Goalkeeper is unconscious with a compound leg fracture. You'd soon return to reality.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmy glitter pants Sat 09 Feb 2013, 11:49 am

TheMackemMawler wrote:In part I agree.

However, part of training and being a boxer is trying not to allow your heart rule your head. Never get angry and refrain from frustration. Suppress negative emotion and get the job done.

By all means celebrate. Gush with emotion. Momentarily.

Personally, I think its quite sobering seeing someone unconscious.

I don't know what sport you play, but imagine playing football, scoring a Goa,l celebrating, and then realising the Goalkeeper is unconscious with a compound leg fracture. You'd soon return to reality.

unconcious with a caved in skull sounds a bit more realistic?

jimmy glitter pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down