The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The folly of chosing a hard ground Lions team from a sodden 6Ns.

+3
red_stag
captain carrantuohil
Portnoy's Complaint
7 posters

Go down

The folly of chosing a hard ground Lions team from a sodden 6Ns. Empty The folly of chosing a hard ground Lions team from a sodden 6Ns.

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Mon 11 Feb 2013, 1:44 pm

With pitches ploughed and torn up in furrows by the tractors of the scrum and frozen fingers plucking at bars of icy soap this cold, wet winter, what can we tell about which team should be selected for the hard grounds of Australia?

Nigh-on bugger all I'd suggest.

We do have to trust in Gatland - after all it's just a scratch side in a relatively unimportant competition.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

The folly of chosing a hard ground Lions team from a sodden 6Ns. Empty Re: The folly of chosing a hard ground Lions team from a sodden 6Ns.

Post by captain carrantuohil Mon 11 Feb 2013, 2:15 pm

It rains pretty hard in Australia too, you know. Melbourne is quite often a quagmire in the NH summer, and Queensland has had a stack of rain over the past few years. I wouldn't assume that hard grounds are a given this June.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

The folly of chosing a hard ground Lions team from a sodden 6Ns. Empty Re: The folly of chosing a hard ground Lions team from a sodden 6Ns.

Post by red_stag Mon 11 Feb 2013, 2:16 pm

greytiger wrote:after all it's just a scratch side in a relatively unimportant competition.

Controversy for controversys sake?
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 11 Feb 2013, 2:26 pm

red_stag wrote:
greytiger wrote:after all it's just a scratch side in a relatively unimportant competition.

I read it as an attempt at sarcasm Stag Smile
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Mon 11 Feb 2013, 2:55 pm

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:
red_stag wrote:

I read it as an attempt at sarcasm Stag Smile

Well it does put my spin on its relative importance - 6Ns, RWC, HEC, Jeff, Lions.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 11 Feb 2013, 3:48 pm

Fantastic premise. Conclusion a little extreme.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 11 Feb 2013, 3:51 pm

I am pretty sure Gatland will be astute enough to realise there must be a balance between his selections for brute strength in wet conditions and lithe, agile athletes for the dry spells.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 11 Feb 2013, 3:53 pm

I don't see how this makes much difference, we will have the most amount of analysis a lions team has ever had on Aus, and Aus will have to play the same conditions.

Plus it's an Aus winter isn't it? The wether won't be pure sun and heat, look at the differences between Scotland and Wales games last summer/winter!!

Gatland will have a hugely detailed report on weather, grounds and pitches, he'll probably have to prep for both extremes!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down