The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

should we have seperate competitions for those going out at the cup group stage?

+2
Marky
cherriesfna
6 posters

Go down

should we have seperate compotions for losers of the cup group stage?

should we have seperate competitions for those going out at the cup group stage? Vote_lcap14%should we have seperate competitions for those going out at the cup group stage? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
should we have seperate competitions for those going out at the cup group stage? Vote_lcap86%should we have seperate competitions for those going out at the cup group stage? Vote_rcap 86% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

should we have seperate competitions for those going out at the cup group stage? Empty should we have seperate competitions for those going out at the cup group stage?

Post by cherriesfna Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:15 pm

should we?

Last edited by sodhat on Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:18 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : I tidied it up, it was annoying me.)
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

should we have seperate competitions for those going out at the cup group stage? Empty Re: should we have seperate competitions for those going out at the cup group stage?

Post by Marky Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:16 pm

What's a compotion?

Marky

Back to top Go down

should we have seperate competitions for those going out at the cup group stage? Empty Re: should we have seperate competitions for those going out at the cup group stage?

Post by GSC Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:16 pm

I don't know what a compotion is but it scares me greatly
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:17 pm

i dunno how to spell the real word okay compatition?
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:18 pm

Out of interest, how did you pass english at any stage?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:19 pm

You don't need English when you have that much swag.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:20 pm

GSC wrote:Out of interest, how did you pass english at any stage?

got a C Cool

wrote my exam on steve fletcher
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:22 pm

cherriesfna wrote:

got a C Cool

Did he lay still throughout?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:22 pm

I got an A* in my English Language GSCE, I was one of only two boys in the entire West Midlands to get one. And the other was my best mate.

Nowadays kids get A*s for writing junk, it's really unfair furious

And no to separate competitions btw, if it means I don't get £1.5m for tactics, so be it. I'd rather keep the integrity of the Cup intact, and if I get knocked out, have a week off.

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:26 pm

sodhat wrote:
cherriesfna wrote:

got a C Cool

the question was write about someone or somewhere that shoudl be rememberd and i wrote mine on a 40 year old bournemouth player
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:27 pm

cherriesfna wrote:
sodhat wrote:
cherriesfna wrote:

got a C Cool

the question was write about someone or somewhere that shoudl be rememberd and i wrote mine on a 40 year old bournemouth player

Yeah, you said.
How did he get in the exam hall? Did the teachers not mind?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:28 pm

I wrote my English exam on classic poetry, after doing coursework on a technical study on the opening scenes of Braveheart and a live debate between me and a friend while pretending to be various Prime Ministers from throughout history. How times have changed Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:28 pm

sodhat wrote:
cherriesfna wrote:
sodhat wrote:
cherriesfna wrote:

got a C Cool

Yeah, you said.
How did he get in the exam hall? Did the teachers not mind?

fletch does what hw nats when he wants

Spoiler:
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:29 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:I wrote my English exam on classic poetry, after doing coursework on a technical study on the opening scenes of Braveheart and a live debate between me and a friend while pretending to be various Prime Ministers from throughout history. How times have changed Laugh

also ahd to write something about of mice and men, was it wrong of me to have a slight giigle at the end of the film version
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:29 pm

We did poetry, a short story of our own concoction, and something on either Wuthering Heights or another book I've clearly blocked out. Only 8 years ago Sad

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:31 pm

when in life do you require the skills to detect the certain language devies used by an author of a poem! mad
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:32 pm

cherriesfna wrote:when in life do you require the skills to detect the certain language devies used by an author of a poem! mad

When trying to impress smart girls.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:34 pm

hey babe, did you know that in his poem The Raven Edgar Allan Poe used a perfect example of an ABAB rhyme scheme and used metaphors effectivley in the 3rd Paragraph,

cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:34 pm

cherriesfna wrote:hey babe, did you know that in his poem The Raven Edgar Allan Poe used a perfect example of an ABAB rhyme scheme and used metaphors effectivley in the 3rd Paragraph,

You failed on word two. Smart girls don't want to be called babe.

The rest is fine.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:36 pm

sodhat wrote:
cherriesfna wrote:hey babe, did you know that in his poem The Raven Edgar Allan Poe used a perfect example of an ABAB rhyme scheme and used metaphors effectivley in the 3rd Paragraph,

The rest is fine.
what do they want to eb called, accractive female?
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:37 pm

sodhat wrote:

The rest is fine.

also WRONG

he uses an ABBCCC rhyme scheme , aha tricked you, mno smart girls for you Cool
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:38 pm

cherriesfna wrote:
sodhat wrote:

The rest is fine.

I don't think calling them accractive will get you far. It makes it sound like you're thinking of their cracks.

I would just go with "hi", "hello", "good day". Something androgynous.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:39 pm

sodhat wrote:
cherriesfna wrote:
sodhat wrote:

The rest is fine.

I don't think calling them accractive will get you far. It makes it sound like you're thinking of their cracks.

what about Sup B****
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:40 pm

cherriesfna wrote:
sodhat wrote:

The rest is fine.

also WRONG

he uses an ABBCCC rhyme scheme , aha tricked you, mno smart girls for you Cool

I've never read The Raven I don't think. I have seen the Simpsons halloween episode based on it. Does that count? That would definitely bag a smartie.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:41 pm

cherriesfna wrote:
sodhat wrote:
cherriesfna wrote:
sodhat wrote:

The rest is fine.

what about Sup B****

Did I forget to include "sup bitch" in my first post?

My mistake. Always open with that.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:44 pm

good good ill go try it now
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:44 pm

I've got my 3 year old reading books that are for 6 year olds. He can count past 100 and do his 2 and 3 times tables. He knows how to fix the computer if it crashes, he can reset my tablet when it crashes, he can find all the websites he likes, he does the vacuuming, he makes collages from the Argos catalogue, he can do some sign language, he can cook a boiled egg, make angel delight, wash up, change batteries in remotes, get stuff out of the shed, ride a bike without stabilisers, catch two balls at once, change DVDs and clean them with a cloth...

Any skill that you can learn, do it. You never know in life when you might need to detect language devices in poetry - I was brilliant at Maths as a kid, but found it was taught so boringly that I gave up on it. Now I'm a statistician, and wish to God I'd paid more attention to my Maths and IT lessons.

Trust me Cherries, there's no such thing as a useless skill.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:48 pm

Yes if we there is a prize to make people want to compete

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 14 Feb 2013, 3:10 pm

My thoughts are the cup should be scrapped. Maybe do it as an end of season bit of fun if anything.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down