The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a bench

4 posters

Go down

What a bench Empty What a bench

Post by Weybridge Welsh Tue 12 Feb 2013, 4:17 pm

Fair play to Rob Howley for being brave enough to keep the same side for Italy and rewarding the excellent Ryan Jones. Having named Warburton as 6N Captain it would have been so easy to recall him. He's made a big call. However he now has the luxury of falling back on what is quite possible the most impressive bench in recent history of Welsh rugby. International tests are a game of 22/23 players per side and to have the likes of Warburton, Alun Wyn, Eli Walker, Paul James, James Hook and Ken Owens is a luxury I can't ever remember in the 6 Nations.

Weybridge Welsh

Back to top Go down

What a bench Empty Re: What a bench

Post by maestegmafia Tue 12 Feb 2013, 9:36 pm

We have done really well to build our depth under Gatland. Much opportunity has been because of unfortunate injury to key players, but a great deal of praise has to go to the Academies and their staff in giving us such foundations.

I acknowledge a great deal of criticism is rightfully and wrongfully aimed at our systems in wales but we do get a lot right to and this should be praised.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:05 pm

Unfortunately Maes all a lot of people want to do is knock the system.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:14 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:Unfortunately Maes all a lot of people want to do is knock the system.

I see you a newly recruited fan of it Bedford mate...! Howley has done exactly as you asked earlier.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:24 pm

Maes,

I have always supporetd the system and the Regions despite being from Ebbw Vale, one of very few.

I have never denied they acadamies are working, the players are there as proof but the Regions themselves are not working at the moment.

As for Howley I am genuinely shocked that he has stuck with same side but I still thinj he is way out of his depth and his previous selection policies and decision making during games have cost us games.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:32 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:Maes,

I have always supporetd the system and the Regions despite being from Ebbw Vale, one of very few.

I have never denied they acadamies are working, the players are there as proof but the Regions themselves are not working at the moment.

As for Howley I am genuinely shocked that he has stuck with same side but I still thinj he is way out of his depth and his previous selection policies and decision making during games have cost us games.

i was referring to your thoughts on Howley not the rest...! Glad to see you shocked for the better though mate... Lets hope he keeps shocking you and the rest of us and proves all the doubters wrong. It would be great to see the upward curve back on track after we had done so much right a year ago.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 13 Feb 2013, 7:46 am

Amen to that Maes though I won't hold my breath for to long Wink
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Wed 13 Feb 2013, 8:02 am

Imagine this for a bench.

16. Gethin Jenkins
17. Matthew Rees
18. Adam Jones
19. Alun-wyn Jones
20. Sam Warburton
21. Mike Phillips
22. James Hook
23. Lee Byrne

Bring that on after 50 mins.... BOOM!!!!!!!!

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum