The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"We are not rivals for power, but partners in progress"

+8
seanmichaels
Strongback
TRUSSMAN66
BallchinianMuffwig
Seanusarrilius
TopHat24/7
eddyfightfan
davidemore
12 posters

Go down

"We are not rivals for power, but partners in progress"  Empty "We are not rivals for power, but partners in progress"

Post by davidemore Wed 13 Feb 2013, 1:22 pm

JFK, glorious.

Who out there in boxing is actually trying to PROGRESS it?

Eddie Hearn, Dave Caldwell both spring to mind.

iFilmLondon do a lot for the internet in relation to the sport.

Carl Froch, Adrien Broner and Pac Man, for different reasons help push the sport forward.

But who else? Who am i missing?

Last edited by davidemore on Wed 13 Feb 2013, 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

davidemore

Back to top Go down

"We are not rivals for power, but partners in progress"  Empty Re: "We are not rivals for power, but partners in progress"

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 1:23 pm

Arum, King, the K's, Audley, Warren...but only if we're pushing it forward towards the edge of a cliff!

Back to top Go down

"We are not rivals for power, but partners in progress"  Empty Re: "We are not rivals for power, but partners in progress"

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 13 Feb 2013, 1:35 pm

donaire in terms of drugs testing, and pure class.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 13 Feb 2013, 1:43 pm

Definitely Donaire, superb role-model and figure-head for the sport!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 13 Feb 2013, 1:49 pm

Defo! Who else?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 13 Feb 2013, 1:56 pm

Like Eddie Hearn. Like the internet predictors and iFilm London. Donaire is the one star in the sprot actually pushing it forward. USADA too. Unfortunately, for every person trying to force the sprot forward, there are 50 holding it back

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 13 Feb 2013, 2:01 pm

So true, sadly.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Wed 13 Feb 2013, 2:07 pm

Matchroom for forming the Super Six. Okay, the bouts weren't classics, but never in such a space of time have I seen that many top level guys fight each other.

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 13 Feb 2013, 2:09 pm

Showtime formed that not Matchroom, but it was great.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 13 Feb 2013, 2:16 pm

You tell me that there is a promoter or Manager in the sport who isn't in Boxing just for self interest and power...

and I'll laugh in your face...

Partners in progress! Laugh

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 13 Feb 2013, 2:31 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You tell me that there is a promoter or Manager in the sport who isn't in Boxing just for self interest and power...

and I'll laugh in your face...

Partners in progress! Laugh

Don King is a funny one. Complete barsteward, robbed most of his fighters, but still put on amazing cards that pushed the standard of fights we could expect to the next level. He had a monopoly of course, but just because you are a piece doodoo doesn't mean you can't do anything for the sport.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 13 Feb 2013, 2:40 pm

Max Kellerman...............pure passion.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 13 Feb 2013, 2:44 pm

Also a bit of a tool......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 13 Feb 2013, 2:50 pm

Strongback wrote:Max Kellerman...............pure passion.

Nah, Kellerman and the whole HBO crew are tainted. They have agendas and no longer hide them during their broadcasts. The only honest voices are fighters they use like RJJ.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 13 Feb 2013, 3:21 pm

Eh..........Kellerman was a joke. I pity that fool.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 13 Feb 2013, 3:22 pm

Strongback wrote:Eh..........Kellerman was a joke. I pity that fool.

thumbsup

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 13 Feb 2013, 3:48 pm

Did I have a post deleted?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 13 Feb 2013, 3:49 pm

Yeah, I deleted it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Wed 13 Feb 2013, 3:49 pm

Haha sorry excuse me, Showtime even!

I knew that :/

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 13 Feb 2013, 3:50 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Did I have a post deleted?

Not by me.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 13 Feb 2013, 3:59 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Yeah, I deleted it.

The blind leading the blind.

Must have forgot to press post. Anyway, I had said that Eddie Hearn couldn't do much wrong with Froch. Inherited him half way through the Super 6 and had a fighter willing to travel. Could have also ballsed up Froch's win over Bute. Can't see he's done much else other than send the odd tweet. Tony Fernades does that but he's not a great chairman

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 13 Feb 2013, 6:52 pm

606 v2 boxing

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 13 Feb 2013, 7:02 pm

Indeed.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 13 Feb 2013, 7:41 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Yeah, I deleted it.

The blind leading the blind.

Must have forgot to press post. Anyway, I had said that Eddie Hearn couldn't do much wrong with Froch. Inherited him half way through the Super 6 and had a fighter willing to travel. Could have also ballsed up Froch's win over Bute. Can't see he's done much else other than send the odd tweet. Tony Fernades does that but he's not a great chairman

the hearns have set high standards when in comes to promoting (look at darts and snooker), and eddie has a lot to live up to working for his dad, so i think thats what drives him to promote his boxers so well. his prizefighters give up and comers a chance, and he will give his fighters a real chance to prove themselves, even if their not true world class (mccloskey, murray etc). he has a knack for getting eliminators for his guys too.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Thu 14 Feb 2013, 10:28 am

He seems quite in with the IBF at the moment which is a good thing for his stable, if its alphabets they are after.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu 14 Feb 2013, 11:41 am

Emore - You posted Pacquaio has helped progress the sport forward, I question how exactly?

I'm not saying this as a hateful post about Manny Pacquaio, his career speaks for itself and all that, but this is a guy who:

1. Has fought at various "catch weights" - NOT good for boxing.

2. Has won more Diamonique-Super-Dooper champion belts than any other fighter to increase stock - NOT good.

3. Has been nothing but unwilling to accept blood tests because "it was against his religious beliefs (although I can't find any notable reason for a Catholic to decline this?) and that he "weakens him too much" - TERRIBLE for an elite fighter.

4. Hides behind his promoter Bob Arum (who is scum and a drain to the sport of boxing).

5. Has pre-determined excuses before he's even entered the ring to fight - "He's a gambling man, he's cheated on his missus, he's drinking, politics are getting in the way...".

Just a few examples... But in my opinion a blood test avoiding, religious family man with lust for gambling and strippers who is fed titles to increase the ego of his investors... I'd say he's a very poor example.

Positive things/people:

Eddie Hearn - For risking his fighters in the US, getting title shots, and althought I'm not a fan of Prizefighter; it certainly entertains the masses and geting people into boxing.

BoxNation - £10 a month and very consistant coverage of US fights and Amateur events, yes they're linked to Warren, but I can easily overlook this when you consider the amount they show compared to Sky/ESPN.

Nonito Donaire - He's a world champ, fights 3 to 4 times a year, is VADA tested, brilliant to watch and as honest as they come.

VADA - The only testing agency who ACTUALLY do 24/7/365 random testing, are not bought off by promoters or governing bodies.

Freddie Flintoff - For showing the world that boxing isn't a sport you can just pick up and turn pro in, almost damaged the sport but somehow looked like the laughing stock he deserved to be.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:14 pm

Good shout with FF Laugh

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down