The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Erislandy Lara, what happened guys??

+2
mobilemaster8
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
6 posters

Go down

Erislandy Lara, what happened guys?? Empty Erislandy Lara, what happened guys??

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 13 Feb 2013, 2:40 pm

Last year being talked about as if he was some sort of animal, stealthly creeping around the LMW division. Being ducked by everybody.

Now nobody cares about him. He had some serious fans on here at one point who said he was the next best thing since sliced bread.

Seems after trying headbutt his was to victory due to not having an answer for Martirosyan all those fans have chose to forget about him and move on to Golovkin as the new beast who everyone is avoiding.

So thoughts on Lara and where did the all the hype go??
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Erislandy Lara, what happened guys?? Empty Re: Erislandy Lara, what happened guys??

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 13 Feb 2013, 2:45 pm

Lara is a class solid boxer with slick skill to match.

I rate him very highly and think he would box Canelos ears off his head.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Erislandy Lara, what happened guys?? Empty Re: Erislandy Lara, what happened guys??

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 13 Feb 2013, 3:02 pm

Well I have always said he is majorly over rated due to the Williams fight.

Against Molina he stole a draw and ran from a rematch, then his last fight against Martirosyan he looked awful. He has been fighting woeful opponents outside of those I have mentioned so not sure how the hype gained so much momentum.

I think Canelo would rough him up good and proper.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 13 Feb 2013, 3:54 pm

I really rate his talent, but he let himself down against Martirosyan. He drew, but that was not the sort of performance Lara can expect to get a big fight from

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 13 Feb 2013, 5:03 pm

Getting stopped against that Russian didn't help either. I did rate him highly and he was robbed against Williams but he always struggled with southpaws as Quintana proved.

Lara is officially in the who needs him club, not put on any good performances recently so a good excuse to duck, not a great ticket seller, is a southpaw and a pure boxer. He will have to try and work his way to the top again

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 13 Feb 2013, 7:41 pm

As Reborn said barring the Williams robbery (where Williams was coming off the devastating KO from Martinez yet Lara couldn't even wobble him) the rest if his career is incredibly ordinary

He cried about the Williams and Matiroysan losses/draw yet ran like mad from Molina who should have got the win comfortably

Best wins are decisions of Hernandez (who Berto blitzed in a round) and Hearns

The Martiroysan fight fell through as there was zero demand for it and no-one was going to pay them for a repeat of the first fight

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:43 am

As far as I know he's still a very, very talented boxer. Footwork, accuracy, handspeed. Certainly had all that last time I saw him.

However up and coming guys whose stock are high tend to be active and he hasn't been lately. Also, he's only had about 17 fights hasn't he? Alvarez has had 40 odd, Mortisayan 30 something plus a pretty succesful amateur career as far as I know - beat Bradlye and Trout. Facing and beating Paul Williams in his (from memory) 14th, 15th fight? That's impressive. So he didn't hurt him? Neither did anybody before middleweight Martinez.

Haven't seen the Molina fight so can't comment. Although I do know Molina is seriously difficult and makes everybody look bad.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down