The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peterson vs Holt (spoilers)

+9
Imperial Ghosty
eddyfightfan
PPVxHOTTY
no-mas
John Bloody Wayne
azania
Boxtthis
Union Cane
hampo17
13 posters

Go down

Peterson vs Holt (spoilers) Empty Peterson vs Holt (spoilers)

Post by hampo17 Sat 23 Feb 2013, 7:18 pm

Spoiler:

Decent fight this one and a good comeback win for Peterson. He just walked through Holt who had no answer for the pressure being applied.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Peterson vs Holt (spoilers) Empty Re: Peterson vs Holt (spoilers)

Post by Union Cane Sat 23 Feb 2013, 7:23 pm

PEDs can do that for you.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Sat 23 Feb 2013, 7:50 pm

Yep, funny how Peterson gets away with taking synthetic testosterone but largely gets away with it seemingly because he seems like a nice humble guy. Still the IBF champion. Now back in the mix with the top LWWs. The PEDs paid off for him.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 23 Feb 2013, 7:53 pm

Union Cane wrote:PEDs can do that for you.

To be fair the cheater was not on PEDs for this fight. But perhaps the continuous use of them has had its desired effect.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat 23 Feb 2013, 8:17 pm

Typical stuff from Holt. Can't dominate them with power shots early and gets walked down, sapped and beat. I get the feeling if he'd been taught to be a more pure boxer he could've been something more impressive.

If Peterson wasn't on PEDs then that was pretty impressive from him. Smart pressure fighting and correct tactics.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 23 Feb 2013, 8:19 pm

Apparently they had strict drug testing. But how long prior to the training did he stop using them. Personally I believe he should be banned for life.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Sat 23 Feb 2013, 10:44 pm

azania wrote:Apparently they had strict drug testing. But how long prior to the training did he stop using them. Personally I believe he should be banned for life.

He shouldnt be banned. He was taking synthetic testosterone MEDICALLY, his downfall was his team didnt declare it, had they done that it wouldnt have been an issue. Anyway didnt they do tests afterwards to prove the amount he was using would have no affect on his performance? hence why he was allowed to keep the IBF belt

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Sat 23 Feb 2013, 11:43 pm

Great win for Lamont and I see some of you are still hurting due to his win over Khan lol, once Garcia puts Judah into retirement we will have a unification between Garcia and Peterson hopefully.

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 24 Feb 2013, 12:10 am

i think he has paid for the PED bad press, apparently he got paid peanuts for this fight

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Feb 2013, 12:15 am

no-mas wrote:
azania wrote:Apparently they had strict drug testing. But how long prior to the training did he stop using them. Personally I believe he should be banned for life.

He shouldnt be banned. He was taking synthetic testosterone MEDICALLY, his downfall was his team didnt declare it, had they done that it wouldnt have been an issue. Anyway didnt they do tests afterwards to prove the amount he was using would have no affect on his performance? hence why he was allowed to keep the IBF belt

An innocent error? Sorry but I don't buy that. That would be the first thing to declare. In athletics I support a two year ban. But boxing is slightly more dangerous. Fighters put their lives at risk and drugs makes it mmore dangerous. Ban them and charge them for attempted manslaughter.

The IBF did their test and it showed it has no beneficial effect. But that was way after he was found to have taken it. Who knows what level it was prior to the fight and how long he was juicing. Ban the druggie.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 24 Feb 2013, 12:15 am

I do enjoy reading people try and make excuses for drug cheats.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Feb 2013, 12:16 am

PPVxHOTTY wrote:Great win for Lamont and I see some of you are still hurting due to his win over Khan lol, once Garcia puts Judah into retirement we will have a unification between Garcia and Peterson hopefully.

SO your dislike for Khan makes you want a known juicer to profit over him. Are you a boxing fan? Juicers should never prosper.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Feb 2013, 12:17 am

eddyfightfan wrote:i think he has paid for the PED bad press, apparently he got paid peanuts for this fight

He's lucky he got paid.

I've asked this before. What if a juicer kills an opponent. What happens? Charges of manslaughter or knowing boxing, brush it under the carpet.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 24 Feb 2013, 12:18 am

azania wrote:
eddyfightfan wrote:i think he has paid for the PED bad press, apparently he got paid peanuts for this fight

He's lucky he got paid.

I've asked this before. What if a juicer kills an opponent. What happens? Charges of manslaughter or knowing boxing, brush it under the carpet.

Wasn't it like 35K between both fighters?

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Feb 2013, 12:23 am

BoxingFan88 wrote:
azania wrote:

He's lucky he got paid.

Wasn't it like 35K between both fighters?

If he was banned he wouldn't have got that.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Sun 24 Feb 2013, 12:25 am

Regarding the Peterson failed drug test, were his testosterone levels elevated beyond natural levels, or was it the presence of synthetic testosterone in his blood that led to the failed blood test?

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Feb 2013, 12:26 am

Both.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 24 Feb 2013, 12:27 am

His levels were normal but VADA run tests for synthetic testosterone regardless and that's where he failed, under the drug testing rules of the commissions and governing bodies he wouldn't have failed. Suggests to me it wasn't a one off occurrence.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Sun 24 Feb 2013, 12:30 am

Seems ridiculous that he didn't disclose the fact he was undergoing testosterone treatment. Should have been banned for both the failed blood test and the stupidity of his actions.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Feb 2013, 12:33 am

I was under the impression that his levels were in excess of the 4:1 permitted and that he was on artificial TT.

Him not declaring it even though he had a pellett in his hip suggest to me that they thought they would fly under the rader. Didn't Conti refer to it as slow juicing or something along those lines? Just take enough to fly under the radar but enough to have an effect.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 24 Feb 2013, 12:33 am

Depends on what his normal testosterone levels are as well, if they're not low enough then the treatment wouldn't be permitted, all suggests they tried to con the system.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Sun 24 Feb 2013, 12:51 am

I imagine they were low enough to require the treatment. I wouldn't want to call into question the credibility of the doctor who authorized the procedure.

But I'm a lot more skeptical about PED's in boxing than before. With the Gamboa revelations and Rigo working with Heredia, Donaire with Conte, there is little that would surprise me these days.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Feb 2013, 12:58 am

I wouldn't question people working with Conti et al. They were caught and went to prison for it. Hardly liely to do it again.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 24 Feb 2013, 1:03 am

Wasn't a doctor per se GB, a quack clinic. His testosterone limit was above the acceptable levels and I believe it was referred to a micro doping where a small supply is given consistently allowing the fighter to train harder without suffering from overtraining (which causes a dramatic drop in testosterone levels) and leaves the fighter feeling weak.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Feb 2013, 1:05 am

azania wrote:I was under the impression that his levels were in excess of the 4:1 permitted and that he was on artificial TT.

Him not declaring it even though he had a pellett in his hip suggest to me that they thought they would fly under the rader. Didn't Conti refer to it as slow juicing or something along those lines? Just take enough to fly under the radar but enough to have an effect.

From what I remember he wasn't on TRT from a normal GP but some synthetic herbal version prescribed to him by some new age therapist in California and his level was something like point 3 over or under. He didn't declare it & like you say I think they thought they could fly under the radar as the wada tests I don't think would have picked up on it but vada's did. I think Conti did say something to that effect. I don't buy there story. What makes things worse imo opinion is that all athletes seem to be able to get TRT in the states now & as long as they declare it & they don't exceed 4:1 or 6:1 in Nevada then its ok. UFC's Dana White has spoken out recently about saying guys can really abuse it out of fight camp & taper it off during fight camp to get it to within legal levels as this is when the testing is done. He wants all year round 24/7 testing brought in as he feels thats the only way to catch people out.

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Sun 24 Feb 2013, 1:09 am

I don't understand why people still work with Conte and others of his ilk. They have been discredited as cheats previously. That stigma will follow them for the rest of their careers, no matter how much they have appeared to have turned over a new leaf. Leopard can't change it's spots and all that.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Sun 24 Feb 2013, 1:15 am

ShahenshahG wrote:Wasn't a doctor per se GB, a quack clinic. His testosterone limit was above the acceptable levels and I believe it was referred to a micro doping where a small supply is given consistently allowing the fighter to train harder without suffering from overtraining (which causes a dramatic drop in testosterone levels) and leaves the fighter feeling weak.

I know next to nothing about the case, and as a glass half full sort of person, I hoped that unnecessary medical procedures were not performed unnecessarily...

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Feb 2013, 1:18 am

6oldenbhoy wrote:I don't understand why people still work with Conte and others of his ilk. They have been discredited as cheats previously. That stigma will follow them for the rest of their careers, no matter how much they have appeared to have turned over a new leaf. Leopard can't change it's spots and all that.

Because he's one of the top guys in his field & as somebody pointed out he went to prison and is unlikely to do the same again. Like you say the stigma that is with these guys means they will be watched & checked over pretty thoroughly. At present they don't appear to be working with illegal substances but there's always the possibility that the powers that be could ban what they are using. Conti though is an extremely knowledgeable guy & its not just about giving athletes PED's with him.

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Sun 24 Feb 2013, 1:36 am

sohotnot wrote:
6oldenbhoy wrote:I don't understand why people still work with Conte and others of his ilk. They have been discredited as cheats previously. That stigma will follow them for the rest of their careers, no matter how much they have appeared to have turned over a new leaf. Leopard can't change it's spots and all that.

Because he's one of the top guys in his field & as somebody pointed out he went to prison and is unlikely to do the same again. Like you say the stigma that is with these guys means they will be watched & checked over pretty thoroughly. At present they don't appear to be working with illegal substances but there's always the possibility that the powers that be could ban what they are using. Conti though is an extremely knowledgeable guy & its not just about giving athletes PED's with him.

I'm not disputing that Conte is extremely knowledgeable in his field, but he will always be synonymous with the BALCO scandal. Why put yourself under that scrutiny by working with him? He's certainly a leader in his field, but there must be others who are just as knowledgeable but far more credible. Similarly, I doubt many athletes would want to work with Trevor Graham after the scandal broke, guilt by association etc.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Feb 2013, 1:53 am

Well working with him means you will be scrutinised and doubled checked. Conte is now clean. Talk a lot of carp though.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 24 Feb 2013, 7:43 am

Didn't Mosley admit to using steriods? Haven't seen many people call for him to be banned.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Feb 2013, 10:35 am

6oldenbhoy wrote:
sohotnot wrote:

I'm not disputing that Conte is extremely knowledgeable in his field, but he will always be synonymous with the BALCO scandal. Why put yourself under that scrutiny by working with him? He's certainly a leader in his field, but there must be others who are just as knowledgeable but far more credible. Similarly, I doubt many athletes would want to work with Trevor Graham after the scandal broke, guilt by association etc.

Maybe, maybe not. We don't hear of that many people in his field queuing up to do the work he does. He was pretty much the top man at Balco & a one of the top at vada. I have heard him in interviews & the guy is a so knowledgeable & passionate it almost beggars belief. Trevor Graham is an athletics coach who used to buy from Balco rather than a biochemist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Feb 2013, 10:38 am

hampo171 wrote:Didn't Mosley admit to using steriods? Haven't seen many people call for him to be banned.

Mosley admitted it a few years after he'd used them. Still he never failed a test back then or since so we will never really know the full extent of his use so me must except he has been clean since until proven otherwise.

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sun 24 Feb 2013, 11:22 am

Mosley admitted to being on EPO for the first ODLH fight. Peterson was on testosterone implants, slowly releasing over a 6month period. His defence was that he had the testosterone levels of a 12 year old girl. So if it was medically required does that mean he's doing it now?

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 24 Feb 2013, 11:24 am

Chances are if he is still doing it now he will have gained an exception through the governing bodies. Would never have been an issue if he'd done this in the first place but we'll never know. Does anyone if know if VADA did the testing for this fight?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down