The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angry Players

+19
Hood83
gregortree
king_carlos
greenandpleasantland
Glas a du
LondonTiger
nathan
Looseheaded
propdavid_london
100%beefy
SecretFly
RubyGuby
jeffwinger
kiakahaaotearoa
Cyril
Scrumpy
IanBru
Luckless Pedestrian
Mr Bounce
23 posters

Go down

Angry Players Empty Angry Players

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 08 Mar 2013, 10:40 am

Sometimes when I watch an International Match, there are players that are so fired up they appear angry (quite often losing the plot). There are a few that spring to mind but the most prevailent in my eyes are the following:

Sean Lamont - he's always "on the edge" and is often complaining (presumably because before this year's 6N, his team lost a lot)

Mirco & Mauro Bergamasco. Definitely from the same mould these two. They run around the field like (pretty effective) rabid dogs often squaring up for no particular reason.

Lee Byrne. Don't think I have ever seen him smile in a match (apart from scoring tries) and he also likes to get "stuck in" for no apparent reason.

Any others?

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Angry Players Empty Re: Angry Players

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 08 Mar 2013, 10:41 am

Mike Phillips.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Fri 08 Mar 2013, 11:08 am

Geoff Cross.

...geddit?
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Fri 08 Mar 2013, 11:11 am

But you have to be angry to play rugby.

Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri 08 Mar 2013, 11:16 am

Cian Healy had one of the most prolonged, angry strops against England recently. Probably out of character but he certainly didn't want to simmer down any time soon.

If he'd been an animal they would have broken out the nets and tranquiliser darts.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 08 Mar 2013, 11:18 am

Richie McCaw. He makes players angry. The refs love him though. Whistle

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffwinger Fri 08 Mar 2013, 11:25 am

Mike Brown

jeffwinger

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 08 Mar 2013, 11:27 am

I wish some of our welsh forwards would get angry now and again; maybe Mark Jones could do an angry clinic with them alonside Mike Teague thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 08 Mar 2013, 11:34 am

Philips is the boy wonder of Always-on-Fire players. But I love that aspect about him.

I find the great and exalted Parisse a bit of a pain in the ass sometimes - temperament wise. He's never too far away from a moan or red spell himself.... which perhaps comes from the frustrations of playing with Italy (well in the bad years anyway). But it's a different form to Phillip's roving madman role, and one endears me and the other doesn't.

Scotland's Allan Jacobsen was an abrasive but cuddly character. If there was ever a tussel where you couldn't make out the participants until the ref broke them up, sure as hell, Allan would be the last man discovered - right in the middle of it. Allan has given me a lot of laughs during his time.

For Ireland...let me see. Has to be Flannery. An absolute nutcase who you always sensed was trying to finish the game before his short fuse completely blew him to bits. He was always in a rush...always telling himself to 'calm down, the fu*k!' and never quite managing it. The conflict in his own head. War.

England..................? Well I don't know. But one hot poker is certainly in development - we await further news on Farrell Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 08 Mar 2013, 11:52 am

Secret I like the way you like Phillips. I wish our forwards had his tenacity - I want him in the trenches alongside me - "feck em lets get stuck" in - I love the way he fecks with the other back row with his bring it on attitude - its funny sometimes but he's worth the ticket thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Fri 08 Mar 2013, 11:54 am

Census

http://www.lerugbynistere.fr/videos/ca-chauffe-bakkies-botha-census-johnston-0303131749.php

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Fri 08 Mar 2013, 11:54 am

Yeah, Mike Brown has had anger issues in the past. Seems quite composed at the moment though.

Farrell has a sense of the nasty about him.

David Paice for a long time was a banker for loosing his rag - loved getting cards.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Fri 08 Mar 2013, 11:57 am

HairyDonkey seems quite riled a lot.

Also this man right here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQR-Gt-j-oc

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Fri 08 Mar 2013, 12:03 pm

I think both Care and Brown used to have an angry streak, Something i think both have cut out of their game.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 08 Mar 2013, 12:06 pm

Watching the Samoan team before during the anthems before their RWC11 match vs SA, I remember thinking that they looked so fired up, so emotional and seemed to be letting the emotion get top them. They looked like a team ripe for a card - and lo and behold Paul Williams was sent off.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 08 Mar 2013, 12:22 pm

RubyGuby wrote:Secret I like the way you like Phillips. I wish our forwards had his tenacity - I want him in the trenches alongside me - "feck em lets get stuck" in - I love the way he fecks with the other back row with his bring it on attitude - its funny sometimes but he's worth the ticket thumbsup

That was the impression I took from the Paris game. His attitude is invaluable.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Fri 08 Mar 2013, 12:25 pm

Parisse - shown that he has a way with words....especially where the ref is concerned.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 08 Mar 2013, 12:35 pm

I sit just me, or does Parisse always look as if he is wearing make-up?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by greenandpleasantland Fri 08 Mar 2013, 12:42 pm

He may not be angry but Elliot Daly always looks like he's about to burst into tears when i see Wasps play, and after he makes a mistake he looks like he needs anti-depressants

greenandpleasantland

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 08 Mar 2013, 1:48 pm

Glas a du wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:Secret I like the way you like Phillips. I wish our forwards had his tenacity - I want him in the trenches alongside me - "feck em lets get stuck" in - I love the way he fecks with the other back row with his bring it on attitude - its funny sometimes but he's worth the ticket thumbsup

That was the impression I took from the Paris game. His attitude is invaluable.

I can see Phillips and Harley introducing themselves tomorrow thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 2:09 pm

I disagree slightly about Phillips in terms of always angry. There's a tipping point with Phillips, a point he gets too at some point in the game where he is 'in the zone' and is at just the right level of aggression and arousal. Sometimes it happens early, sometimes not til the 2nd half. But it always happens. He's like a bottle of pop that is shaken and shaken until eventually he pops! He's usually really good in that 15 minutes or so 'at peak', but sometimes if it festers too long then he goes overboard and does something silly. 'Mike Watch' I'll call it. Waiting to see when Phillips explodes!

In sport psychology terms he's very prone to frustration aggression.

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Fri 08 Mar 2013, 2:43 pm

Julian White had more than his share of red mist moments! A great scrummager throughout his career though.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Fri 08 Mar 2013, 3:01 pm

Jonno always looked p#ssed mad about something

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 08 Mar 2013, 5:26 pm

Griff wrote:I disagree slightly about Phillips in terms of always angry. There's a tipping point with Phillips, a point he gets too at some point in the game where he is 'in the zone' and is at just the right level of aggression and arousal. Sometimes it happens early, sometimes not til the 2nd half. But it always happens. He's like a bottle of pop that is shaken and shaken until eventually he pops! He's usually really good in that 15 minutes or so 'at peak', but sometimes if it festers too long then he goes overboard and does something silly. 'Mike Watch' I'll call it. Waiting to see when Phillips explodes!

In sport psychology terms he's very prone to frustration aggression.

ok..so always angry was an obvious dollop of poetic licence Wink He's the adrenalin heart of the Welsh team though. When they need someone to fire them, Phillips is the man to offer them a backlash mood.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Fri 08 Mar 2013, 6:19 pm

SecretFly wrote:Philips is the boy wonder of Always-on-Fire players. But I love that aspect about him.

I find the great and exalted Parisse a bit of a pain in the ass sometimes - temperament wise. He's never too far away from a moan or red spell himself.... which perhaps comes from the frustrations of playing with Italy (well in the bad years anyway). But it's a different form to Phillip's roving madman role, and one endears me and the other doesn't.

Scotland's Allan Jacobsen was an abrasive but cuddly character. If there was ever a tussel where you couldn't make out the participants until the ref broke them up, sure as hell, Allan would be the last man discovered - right in the middle of it. Allan has given me a lot of laughs during his time.

For Ireland...let me see. Has to be Flannery. An absolute nutcase who you always sensed was trying to finish the game before his short fuse completely blew him to bits. He was always in a rush...always telling himself to 'calm down, the fu*k!' and never quite managing it. The conflict in his own head. War.

England..................? Well I don't know. But one hot poker is certainly in development - we await further news on Farrell Wink

I absolutely hated Jacobsen. Chippy little tossp@t, particularly against the English. I always willed someone to just sit on the midget little fecker. The lack of an English nutter has slightly annoyed me in recent years. Not the hot-headed type but the sort who is always nastily aggressive. T Youngs may be the closest. Farrell, as a 10, needs to cut it right out.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Fri 08 Mar 2013, 6:21 pm

greenandpleasantland wrote:He may not be angry but Elliot Daly always looks like he's about to burst into tears when i see Wasps play, and after he makes a mistake he looks like he needs anti-depressants

Yeah, very, very serious looking guy. Needs to smile once in a while as he doesn't have the physique for the whole 'brooding menace' thing.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Fri 08 Mar 2013, 6:22 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:Any others?

Everyone who's Ire-ish.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Fri 08 Mar 2013, 7:04 pm

Peter O'Mahony
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Fri 08 Mar 2013, 7:18 pm

SecretFly wrote:England..................? Well I don't know. But one hot poker is certainly in development - we await further news on Farrell Wink

Farrell's a picture of patience compared to Marler. Who has been remarkably well behaved at Test level ... Not so much for club though Wink

AlastairW

Location : Moustache twirling, cloak swishing, cackling evil English panto bad guy. The Great Destroyer of the HC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Fri 08 Mar 2013, 9:15 pm

Cudmore.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down