The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Tough Week For Frank Warren.

+6
TRUSSMAN66
rob-glos
ShahenshahG
Seanusarrilius
TopHat24/7
hampo17
10 posters

Go down

A Tough Week For Frank Warren. Empty A Tough Week For Frank Warren.

Post by hampo17 Mon 11 Mar 2013, 1:05 pm

Don't think this week could have gotten much for Frank. Can imagine him hoping Groves would lose on Saturday night just so he could have the last laugh.

http://v2journal.com/16/post/2013/03/a-tough-week-for-frank-warren.html

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

A Tough Week For Frank Warren. Empty Re: A Tough Week For Frank Warren.

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 11 Mar 2013, 1:09 pm

Yeh, cue the pathetic embittered Sun column about Groves sometime over the next few weeks....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 11 Mar 2013, 1:32 pm

He didn't mention any of his troubles in his latest column, which tells you one thing, they are as bad as they look

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 12 Mar 2013, 12:53 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2291761/Frank-Warren-exclusive-Reports-death-greatly-exaggerated--Jeff-Powell.html

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Tue 12 Mar 2013, 12:59 pm

Just read that article...

Warren's coming out swinging!!
Khan and Mayweather are great coups for BoxNation.

I'm amazed by the subscriber numbers.
He says 200,000 is about the settled number.

That's impressive...
I figured it to be less than half that!

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 12 Mar 2013, 1:03 pm

Yeah I've been thinking that he has had something up his sleeve and getting Mayweather, Khan, Hopkins and judging by Hayes forthcoming announcement as well. You might see boxnation picking up a mass of subscribers. Surprised though that he is putting money into a hd channel? Thought that miht be crippling financially but it seems hes got the backers.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 12 Mar 2013, 1:05 pm

Boxnation gets a hard time on most forums, however some of the stuff they show like old fights (Barrera vs Marquez was on last week) are a really good watch.

Throw in the amount of international shows they put on which we wouldn't see if it was up to sky. £10 a month isn't as bad as people think. In fact I cancelled ESPN and have stuck with Boxnation.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 12 Mar 2013, 1:12 pm

Am getting boxnation soon as cant be bothered with Sky sports anymore, don't have time to watch the other sports and not enough boxing on it anyhow. Hampo, can we record the fights on sky plus? ive never used the recording option.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Mar 2013, 1:12 pm

Khan's numbers don't surprise me.........He's a hero to the Asian community in this Country. A community known for it's loyalty....and rightly so.

It's why he was PPV pre-title.

Ko-KING who contributes on here only contributes on Khan articles which is fine........Khan is a huge hero and rightly so.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 12 Mar 2013, 1:17 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Am getting boxnation soon as cant be bothered with Sky sports anymore, don't have time to watch the other sports and not enough boxing on it anyhow. Hampo, can we record the fights on sky plus? ive never used the recording option.

Yeah sky plus works fine with it. I've filled most of my box with things on boxnation.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 12 Mar 2013, 1:21 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Khan's numbers don't surprise me.........He's a hero to the Asian community in this Country. A community known for it's loyalty....and rightly so.

It's why he was PPV pre-title.

Ko-KING who contributes on here only contributes on Khan articles which is fine........Khan is a huge hero and rightly so.

Shocked

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 12 Mar 2013, 1:24 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Am getting boxnation soon as cant be bothered with Sky sports anymore, don't have time to watch the other sports and not enough boxing on it anyhow. Hampo, can we record the fights on sky plus? ive never used the recording option.

Sky Plus works with Boxnation, I do it all the time, I don't bother staying up till stupid o'clock anymore.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 12 Mar 2013, 1:26 pm

Cheers hampo/bf88. I read somewhere that sk,y only had a three hour slot for boxing. 3 hours a week or month, can anyone confirm?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Mar 2013, 1:29 pm

I'm just writing what every one is thinking Shah...........

We all know why Khan was PPV pre-title....and good luck to him for cashing in.

Shame he hasn't got the intelligence to think before he speaks though...

He could have been massive.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by neilodonnell Tue 12 Mar 2013, 1:38 pm

@ShahenshahG

Is there supposed to be a HD version of Box Nation coming out?

neilodonnell

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 12 Mar 2013, 1:40 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2291761/Frank-Warren-exclusive-Reports-death-greatly-exaggerated--Jeff-Powell.html

Apparently they are working on it. have a read, he doesn't elaborate

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 12 Mar 2013, 1:43 pm

Surely no different for any fight being popular for being irish and good, or Scottish and good, or irish American, Italian American. Ethnicity has always been a part of a boxers following. Not sure why you felt the need to point it out. Khan has a decent following of both Asian and white followers but it seems when he gets it its a crime. When anyone else does it seems ok, doesn't need to be pointed out

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 12 Mar 2013, 1:51 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Surely no different for any fight being popular for being irish and good, or Scottish and good, or irish American, Italian American. Ethnicity has always been a part of a boxers following. Not sure why you felt the need to point it out. Khan has a decent following of both Asian and white followers but it seems when he gets it its a crime. When anyone else does it seems ok, doesn't need to be pointed out

Well said
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 12 Mar 2013, 1:54 pm

Those numbers don't add up to me. Boxnation worth 60million?

If he'd have said a quarter, maybe even a third of the 200,000 he quoted then I'd have believed him, but given that this is probably where the highest percentage of his channel buys would feasibly come from and considering there are about what, 6/7 of us who own it? Pull the other one.

I don't know anyone who's even heard of Box Nation besides the channel that showed Haye vs Chisora. The lads down at the gym all have Sky Sports and won't pay £10 extra for boxing. I'm the same. I know guys on here are willing to shell out, but you're more...historians as it were, or experts. Joe Public has no idea about Box Nation.

You can't quote that showing classic fights is a positive, thats fluffy programming and you know it. 99.9% of the footage is available on YouTube in various formats. He can't put that doing HD is a cursor of success because its not. Another fluffy statement. There are numerous Sky channels that are in HD, ones less popular than channels that should have it.

Frank has embellished his figures before and has done so again. The man is vile and selfish. I'm glad he's on his way down.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 12 Mar 2013, 2:30 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Those numbers don't add up to me. Boxnation worth 60million?

If he'd have said a quarter, maybe even a third of the 200,000 he quoted then I'd have believed him, but given that this is probably where the highest percentage of his channel buys would feasibly come from and considering there are about what, 6/7 of us who own it? Pull the other one.

I don't know anyone who's even heard of Box Nation besides the channel that showed Haye vs Chisora. The lads down at the gym all have Sky Sports and won't pay £10 extra for boxing. I'm the same. I know guys on here are willing to shell out, but you're more...historians as it were, or experts. Joe Public has no idea about Box Nation.

You can't quote that showing classic fights is a positive, thats fluffy programming and you know it. 99.9% of the footage is available on YouTube in various formats. He can't put that doing HD is a cursor of success because its not. Another fluffy statement. There are numerous Sky channels that are in HD, ones less popular than channels that should have it.

Frank has embellished his figures before and has done so again. The man is vile and selfish. I'm glad he's on his way down.

Well said again!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 12 Mar 2013, 2:36 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:
You can't quote that showing classic fights is a positive, thats fluffy programming and you know it. 99.9% of the footage is available on YouTube in various formats.

Why not? I view being able to watch these fights as a great thing. I don't want to have to sit at my computer to watch these, and to be honest the internet where I live isn't good enough to support a decent stream on youtube.

As I said for £10 per month you get more live boxing than any other channel, it is aimed at the hardcore fans of the sport, and occasionally as with Haye vs Chisora the casual fans will subscribe for a one off fight.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 12 Mar 2013, 4:04 pm

So you can honestly tell me, that there are 200,000 hardcore fans? I wonder where they're all hiding - because I know 2 or 3 outside of the gym and they're not subscribing to Warren Nation.

I think your issue is in the minority, I can sit at my TV and watch YouTube through my Xbox. That includes old footage and as for newer stuff...well not going to get myself in trouble again - but you get my point.

Warren will be losing money thanks to his boxers moving, he would have been ticking over Bunce Nation due to uncancelled subscriptions up to now - if he has 200,000 subscribers then I'm the next heavyweight champion of the world.

He was a shrewd businessman 10 years ago. But he hasn't moved with the times. If he'd have set up an online portal for boxing and captured a worldwide audience, then he'd have peed it. But he's created an obscure, unheard of channel. Where have these 80,000 subscribers he's mentioned come from?

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 12 Mar 2013, 4:07 pm

I didn't say there where 200k, I said the channel is aimed at the hardcore fans and then the casual fans will jump on for the huge shows, Haye vs Chisora, Mayweather etc.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 12 Mar 2013, 4:13 pm

Frank Warren is saying he has 200,000 subscribers, up from 120,000 (he noted as low) which surprisingly is exactly HALF of the "high" amount of 240,000 he quotes as being for Haye/Chisora.

I know the purpose of Bunce Nation Hampo - its the fact that Warren is lying about it to give the false idea he's not struggling. The channel is f*ked, he knows it and he is losing boxers due to his inability or unwillingness to land them big fights. Warren has always been good at getting people to a certain level. Then they ditch him and do better.

Box Nation is a bit pants anyway.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 12 Mar 2013, 4:33 pm

Yet hes managed to get Khan onto his channel, Mayweather onto his channel, Possibly hopkins if rumours are true and I expect he'll get their next few fights as sky isnt paying for them. Also Haye seems to be making a big announcement soon - he might be fighting Vitali on Boxnation. He's getting the money from elsewhere which might be his saving grace. Also seeing as he is a minority shareholder it probably hasn't cost him loads. Dont most business take 5ish years to break even, looked at his figures - 5 mill in the red but after 1 year . Nothing to indicate if its improving or proving disastrous for his finances. Wondering why everyone is sounding the death knell so early.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down