The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who should have been a bigger deal?

+15
Makaveli
TheCultOfPersonality
Shot 21 LCFC
Samo
Mr H
Kay Fabe
Adam D
x12x
Dr Gregory House MD
NickisBHAFC
Gregers
VDT
Brilliant_yep
Korankye88
BD21
19 posters

Go down

Who should have been a bigger deal? Empty Who should have been a bigger deal?

Post by BD21 Wed 13 Mar 2013, 7:46 pm

WWE.com posted an article about people who should have had a better, more successful career.

Wondered who you guys think should have done better?

BD21

Back to top Go down

Who should have been a bigger deal? Empty Re: Who should have been a bigger deal?

Post by Korankye88 Wed 13 Mar 2013, 8:08 pm

Billy gunn
Korankye88
Korankye88

http://www.korankye-entertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Who should have been a bigger deal? Empty Re: Who should have been a bigger deal?

Post by Brilliant_yep Wed 13 Mar 2013, 8:26 pm

I bet Triple H was number 1...

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Wed 13 Mar 2013, 8:41 pm

A lot of the guys from the New ECW - Chris Harris, Monty Brown, Jay Bradley, Colt Cabana and The Pope
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 13 Mar 2013, 9:43 pm

MVP, Umaga, Carlito, Chris Masters, Bobby Lashley

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 13 Mar 2013, 10:43 pm

Bobby Lashley, Chris Masters, Mr Kennady, Muhamid Hassan, William Regall.

atm i still think Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabrial could do better.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 13 Mar 2013, 11:08 pm

Surprised folk are saying Bobby Lashely for a couple of reasons

a) I thought he was super green

&

b) he was pushed to the moon and nailed on for a WWE title run just before he quit the company

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Thu 14 Mar 2013, 1:25 am

John Cena, I just don't think he's had enough of a push Sad

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 14 Mar 2013, 7:03 am

Paul Birchall

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 14 Mar 2013, 8:11 am

Christian, in 2005 he was ready for that push that made him a top hee" he was on the verge yet the WWE let him slip through their grip

When he came back in 2009 he was planned to go into the main event feud with Edge and Jeff Hardy, again that got nixed and he went to ECW...there wasn't many faces who got a better reactiok than him and you could feel how desperate fans where for him to win the MitB at WM25

The crowd popped like mad when he finally won the World Title at Extreme Rules but again it was just another false dawn

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 14 Mar 2013, 1:26 pm

Vader. Should have been a multitime heel world champion. Wrong place wrong time though unfortunately.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 14 Mar 2013, 1:37 pm

Kennedy and Umaga both should have been World Champions. MVP probably could have pulled off a world title reign, but I dont think he was quite ready before he left. Bobby Lashley definatly could have been World Champion but he left before the trigger was completely pulled.

I was always a huge RVD fan, and feel he deserved another run at the top, even in ECW.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 14 Mar 2013, 3:35 pm

Defo Mr Kennedy. I still live in hope that he will one day return to the WWE.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCultOfPersonality Thu 14 Mar 2013, 3:50 pm

Christian and Kennedy are great shouts. Kennedy was meant to be the "Bar Steward son" of Vince rather than the disappointment that was Hornswoggle. What a push/storyline that woulda been!

I'd add Mordecai. Had a good gimmick, could have had an interesting feud with Undertaker.

Also Elijah Burke/The Pope, the Pope gimmick portrayed in TNA was great and showed the potential he had on the mic and in the ring.

TheCultOfPersonality

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Thu 14 Mar 2013, 3:52 pm

shelton benjamin, christian defintly, id also say ahmed johnson that dude was a beast, and id argue dvon, he has good mic skills and sure with a better gimmick than reverand dvon i think he would have done alot better.

Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by TheChosen1 Thu 14 Mar 2013, 5:40 pm

Christian, MVP; Chris Harris, would say that Kennedy also had potential although i wasn't a fan.

MVP & Carlito should have gotten a bigger push, They brought these guys in a similar way in regards to giving them the US/IC titles had they pushed them a bit more I reckon they could have had potential to be world champions but i guess when they came in at a time after I believe they had pushed lesnar who had quit, I can understand why WWE didn't want to risk it.

Christian should've have won the MITB on his return from TNA it was all set for him to do so imo; although he had the potential after his WM match with Jericho to be pushed as a top heel and they never really done anything with that either.

TheChosen1

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 14 Mar 2013, 5:50 pm

Chris Jericho.

Whether this be through bad booking early in his career, where WWE never seemed sure whether they wanted to push him or have him on the edge of the main event or through his own desire to let people go over him there is no way Jericho is as big as his talent deserves.

I think the heel character in 2008 should have been much more of a success than it eventually was, his feud with Michaels was excellent and while he had a couple of world title reigns, the character was never used to its full potential. As Jericho likes to point out, look at how many of WWE's heels today do the slow-talking, in a suit style heel.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Thu 14 Mar 2013, 6:41 pm

I'm not suggesting Kane never got a chance or wasn't a big deal but it confuses me that he was only ever World Champion 3 times, I just feel like he should have had more world titles reigns as a reward for his hard work.

I also feel like once the mask came off they never really knew what to do with him, it saddens me that the guy who ripped the door of the Hell In The Cell and put down the Undertaker will be remembered by the new generation of WWE fans for hugging it out with Daniel Bryan.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 15 Mar 2013, 10:01 am

Yeah its absolutely disgusting how they used Kane since his mask returned. I was loving having the old Kane back when he was feuding with John Cena and Randy Orton. When he was stalking Zack Ryder it was like stuff from a horror movie. And the segment where he attacked Bob Orton was brilliant. The way he said "fun that the whole family can enjoy" as the camera pans out to see Bob laid out on the floor was pure class. After he beat the Viper at Wrestlemania I thought he was on the way to being the top heel and world champion. But instead he is now part of yet another tag team doing comedy skits dressing up as a waiter etc. There was absolutely no point in putting the mask back on him...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 15 Mar 2013, 1:25 pm

Going a bit left field but Jay Lethal, he was ready to have the trigger pulled during his Black Machismo run yet for whatever reason TNA never pushed him to the moon

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by eddytheman2013 Sun 17 Mar 2013, 10:28 pm

Christian, he gets treated like s**t by the company.

eddytheman2013

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Mon 18 Mar 2013, 2:58 pm

agree with Gregers Jay Lethal was awsome as black machismo and also when fueding with flair. thought then he would get a crack at TNA title but didnt really happen.
Maybe if he came back could do what Austin Aries did with the X division cash in.

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down