The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some eye opening analysis on the Donaire vs Rigondeaux fight

4 posters

Go down

Some eye opening analysis on the Donaire vs Rigondeaux fight Empty Some eye opening analysis on the Donaire vs Rigondeaux fight

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 14 Mar 2013, 11:35 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhz2USt2Dgo

Brilliant breakdown and the points are backed up with video evidence.

Mackem.... you might not like this one...

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Some eye opening analysis on the Donaire vs Rigondeaux fight Empty Re: Some eye opening analysis on the Donaire vs Rigondeaux fight

Post by sweet_pea Fri 15 Mar 2013, 1:32 pm

good analysis, i see it pretty much the same. donaire knocks rigo out as soon as he catches up with rigo on his 10k fun run.
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Back to top Go down

Some eye opening analysis on the Donaire vs Rigondeaux fight Empty Re: Some eye opening analysis on the Donaire vs Rigondeaux fight

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 15 Mar 2013, 1:34 pm

The most interesting thing is that everyone raves about Rigo's defence, however in the video you can clearly see how wide open he is when he throws punches.

If Rigo throws that lazy right hook he is going to get flattened, one of Donaires favourite counters is the check left hook off that right hand. The comparison between the defence of Rigo, Nishioka and Darchinyan was excellent.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_pea Fri 15 Mar 2013, 4:26 pm

yeah, its deffo an eye opener. i don't rate rigo very much, he was a top amateur, but stayed in that game for wayyyyy to long to change his habits in the pro game. he will win titles, but he'll get shown up and ko'd bad vs donaire.
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Fri 15 Mar 2013, 7:38 pm

I don't have 35minutes undisturbed time to spare just yet, but when i do I'll watch and reply.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Sat 16 Mar 2013, 11:06 am

I have to admit the way Rigo was wobbled by marroquin's cuffs it looks like a dung beatle could roll him over.

TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 16 Mar 2013, 10:14 pm

TheMackemMawler wrote:I have to admit the way Rigo was wobbled by marroquin's cuffs it looks like a dung beatle could roll him over.

I think he is quite open when he throws punches as well, against slower guys he will be fine, but against Donaire who is also exceptionally quick, he is not going to get away with dropping his hands.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 16 Mar 2013, 10:16 pm

Based on what I have seen so far of Rigo he has no chance, I really haven't been that impressed. However if he shows something he hasn't before then he could win.

I gave Bellew no chance against Cleverly, (he hadn't looked that great in his previous fights) but he showed us something that night that he hadn't done before.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Sat 16 Mar 2013, 11:07 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:Based on what I have seen so far of Rigo he has no chance, I really haven't been that impressed. However if he shows something he hasn't before then he could win.

I gave Bellew no chance against Cleverly, (he hadn't looked that great in his previous fights) but he showed us something that night that he hadn't done before.

Ha, but Donaire is a slight step up from Cleverly...

I'm a big Rigo fan, the greatest amateur I've seen. But the step up from his previous opposition to Donaire is massive.

Donaire is about as complete a fighter as there is out there for me. He can box, he's got great handspeed, has a good chin and he punches like a mule. Rigo has his strengths, he's a great boxer/puncher but his chin is far from teak tough. He needs to box negatively combining lots of movement with heavy feinting to try and disrupt Donaire's rhythm and frustrate him. Even then I feel he'll lose rounds due to inactivity.

I read that Rigo wanted some sort of Knockout clause included in the contract. He must have spotted a chink in Donaire's armour. I can't see that happening though.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 16 Mar 2013, 11:54 pm

6oldenbhoy wrote:
BoxingFan88 wrote:Based on what I have seen so far of Rigo he has no chance, I really haven't been that impressed. However if he shows something he hasn't before then he could win.

I'm a big Rigo fan, the greatest amateur I've seen. But the step up from his previous opposition to Donaire is massive.

Donaire is about as complete a fighter as there is out there for me. He can box, he's got great handspeed, has a good chin and he punches like a mule. Rigo has his strengths, he's a great boxer/puncher but his chin is far from teak tough. He needs to box negatively combining lots of movement with heavy feinting to try and disrupt Donaire's rhythm and frustrate him. Even then I feel he'll lose rounds due to inactivity.

I read that Rigo wanted some sort of Knockout clause included in the contract. He must have spotted a chink in Donaire's armour. I can't see that happening though.

But the same applies, if a fighter shows you something you haven't seen before. Unless Rigo improves dramatically he is going to get KO'ed, and brutally.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Sun 17 Mar 2013, 12:09 am

BoxingFan88 wrote:
6oldenbhoy wrote:

But the same applies, if a fighter shows you something you haven't seen before. Unless Rigo improves dramatically he is going to get KO'ed, and brutally.

Sorry mate, was being slightly facetious. For me the step up for Rigo to Donaire is far greater than Bellew to Cleverly. Fundamentally Cleverly has decent skills along with a decent engine but not much else. Donaire has everything in my book. Unless Rigo unleashes the mother of all left hands then I can't see him lasting the distance never mind making it a close fight. No slight on Rigo, I just think Donaire is that good.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 17 Mar 2013, 1:18 am

Yep, I got Donaire winning this big.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Sun 17 Mar 2013, 9:34 am

I've made it clear I want Rigo to win because I've followed him for 10 years but all along I've said the smart money is on Donaire.

You can watch any fight, stop where a boxer gets hit and say "he got caught because x and y". You could do it for anyone...even mayweather.

Its very easy to produce a highlight real of someones mistakes and argue why they are rubbish by giving those mistakes.

Watch this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBv4zogS6vA

.....and the perfectly timed push back of Donaires given as evidence in the OP video as to why Rigo won't catch Donaire with a rear hand is absent.....well it's not absent it's just not well timed. Also in the first video the rear hand thrown by Narvaez is telegraphed (even though the guy narrating says it's not)..... watch Narvaez' feet. The same punch thrown by Nisheoka is also telegraphed.

The Bow and Arrow angled against Rigo is demonstrated by Donaire over and over in this video. I could go on listing inconsistencies, but i won't, most people are sensible enough to take these videos as what they....biased!

TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down