The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The return of the baby bull

3 posters

Go down

The return of the baby bull Empty The return of the baby bull

Post by jimdig Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:30 pm

So Juan Diaz is back, one of my favourite fighters of recent times, loses to Campbell mallinaggi and Marquez, at the end of the career. Fighter with a high work rate, but little pop. Completed a law degree while lightweight world champion. Almost like an Latino Cleverly Whistle

So he's 29, 2 1/2 years out of the sport, I think he can make an impact at lightweight if he can come back close to what he was, with broner jumping ship, it leaves burns as the recognised top man. He has aspirations of LWW, I see him falling short there mind you.

But time will tell, It always puzzled me how he looked like a fat lightweight.

Anyway what do you think?

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/9045250/juan-diaz-ends-retirement-face-pipino-cuevas-jr

jimdig

Back to top Go down

The return of the baby bull Empty Re: The return of the baby bull

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:52 pm

He was a fat LW! He had no definition and noticeable muffin tops so LW should be his limit and can't see him making any impression at LWW as he'll be small with zero power and I reckon he's lost some of his work rate which kept guys at bay.

Good luck to him as seems a good bloke with a smart head. I heard he also put a lot of his money into a construction company which his brother run. I wonder if that's taken a hit during recent years and prompted his return?

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:55 pm

Odd to see him back to be fair, I always thought he was a bit fleshy around the waist at Lightweight too.

His fights against Marquez were fantastic and he showed a LOT of heart alone doesn't help you beat a guy like Marquez.

Mallignaggi was jobbed against him and in their second fight it really showed his limitations, so I'm suprised to see him back! Not sure how far he can go with the likes of Khan, Peterson, Garcia, Matthyse, Rios and Judah?

Would love to see him in the ring with Mike Alvarado though - that would be a great scrap!

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down