The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all those Del Potro haters

+18
bogbrush
JuliusHMarx
kingraf
sirfredperry
Jeremy_Kyle
LuvSports!
sportslover
lydian
CaledonianCraig
HM Murdock
CAS
socal1976
Silver
lags72
Jahu
laverfan
User 774433
invisiblecoolers
22 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

For all those Del Potro haters - Page 5 Empty For all those Del Potro haters

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 17 Mar 2013, 12:22 am

First topic message reminder :

For all those Del Potro haters, take this boxing , bwahahaha my hero is back and back with a bang, 3 great wins so far in a month

1st exhibition win over Rafa
and now back to back win over Murray and Djoko, both come back win from a set down win.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

For all those Del Potro haters - Page 5 Empty Re: For all those Del Potro haters

Post by User 774433 Sun 17 Mar 2013, 6:48 pm

CC- a victory over Stoke is not as impressive as a victory over Real Madrid- even though you get similar points for both fixtures.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

For all those Del Potro haters - Page 5 Empty Re: For all those Del Potro haters

Post by socal1976 Sun 17 Mar 2013, 6:48 pm

That means that close observers, fans and critics of the game would value that win more than a victory over Baggy in 06. And we would hear about for years down the line and rightfully so.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Sun 17 Mar 2013, 6:52 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:For all those Del Potro haters, take this boxing , bwahahaha my hero is back and back with a bang, 3 great wins so far in a month

and now back to back win over Murray and Djoko, both come back win from a set down win.

Can you imagine the furore, if us Murray fans had posted such an article after the Scot beat Fed / Nadal at Canada in 2010 or when he had similar success at Doha (was it?) in the New Year of 2009 Rolling Eyes

I'm delighted that DP has reached his second Masters, as I want him to be in the Top 5 or even Top 4, simply because I think an error free Murray would beat him most times, as would Nole at a Slam, simply because unless all the stars are aligned DP doesn't have the body to beat these two when they are focused at a Slam

But well done to him - but, like we were told during every one of Andy's 8 Master titles, let's not get carried away

However, I hope he now wins is first Masters - the last thing we need is Rafa thinking he's good on hard courts again Wink

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Sun 17 Mar 2013, 6:56 pm

P.S

I'm even more pleased, as the last thing we also need is a rampant Nole!! (sorry Socal Very Happy )

On any given day DP and Berdy can beat the guys above them. Can they do it at a Slam and for half the year, though?

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 17 Mar 2013, 6:59 pm

What we are talking about here is personal value but in real twrms value if Andy won Wimbledon it would still count as one but even if he had a far easier set of opponents than in US Open it would still probably mean more to his fans.

Until Red or yourself come up with a formula for judging what each individual slam wins value at then it is all just opinion. To formulate a formula you would need to take into account numerous variables such as draws, opponents, fitness of opponents, the opponents suitability to given surfaces, the manner of victories acheived and even then within those you have variables such as a perceived tough draw for Djojovic on paper may be easier on paper to a fan of another player due to their favourite player having a better head-to-head against those same opponents. I can guarantee you 100% you would not get agreement. Heck even if the greatest tennis expert in the world was brought in to work on this they would not succeed in this task either.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 17 Mar 2013, 7:08 pm

banbrotam wrote:
invisiblecoolers wrote:For all those Del Potro haters, take this boxing , bwahahaha my hero is back and back with a bang, 3 great wins so far in a month

Can you imagine the furore, if us Murray fans had posted such an article after the Scot beat Fed / Nadal at Canada in 2010 or when he had similar success at Doha (was it?) in the New Year of 2009 Rolling Eyes

I'm delighted that DP has reached his second Masters, as I want him to be in the Top 5 or even Top 4, simply because I think an error free Murray would beat him most times, as would Nole at a Slam, simply because unless all the stars are aligned DP doesn't have the body to beat these two when they are focused at a Slam

But well done to him - but, like we were told during every one of Andy's 8 Master titles, let's not get carried away

However, I hope he now wins is first Masters - the last thing we need is Rafa thinking he's good on hard courts again Wink

Or if a Djokovic fan had said this early on after beating fed or Nadal, in short a very aggressive and hostile opening post, I didn't know there even was any del po haters on this forum. I am happy for him because I think he should be a player winning the biggest trophies on tour. Like you said lets not get carried away and also lets not create a straw man attacking Djoko fans who to my knowledge have never said boo about Del PO. Before today why would muray or Djoko fans knock del Po he hardly ever beats those two.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 17 Mar 2013, 7:09 pm

I love how all these people say how pointless these era debates are and they all can't stop talking about it. I haven't done a weak era thread in ages, but others do and then bemoan why it is that I and others want to talk about this boring subject.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sun 17 Mar 2013, 7:12 pm

This isn't an era debate.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 17 Mar 2013, 7:16 pm

They will be pointless as they always end up with no conclusion ever reached and that is how they will remain. That much is a fact.

Bear this in mind socal, how would you feel in five years time if Novak is around Federer's slam total and people insist it came in a weak era if Murray falls away and Nadal's injury hinders him? I guarantee you wouldn't take kindly to it.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 17 Mar 2013, 7:19 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:They will be pointless as they always end up with no conclusion ever reached and that is how they will remain. That much is a fact.

Bear this in mind socal, how would you feel in five years time if Novak is around Federer's slam total and people insist it came in a weak era if Murray falls away and Nadal's injury hinders him? I guarantee you wouldn't take kindly to it.

It would take 5 years of beating up on the weak sisters of the blind before Novak's competition could catch up to the cupcake filled early 2000s. i would love to have that problem.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 17 Mar 2013, 7:22 pm

kingraf wrote:Interestingly, enough I noted the pointlessness (?) of this thread a page ago.

I noted that after the 1st page, the actual topic was something related to DP, but I rarely see his name mentioned after the 1st page let alone any serious discussion based on him. Sad

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 17 Mar 2013, 7:26 pm

Well you know I am a Murray fan but look at this objectively. Unless Murray wins 5+ slams and Nadal continues as a contender and someone else joins the slam winning party then people could construe the here and now as a weak era as well.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sun 17 Mar 2013, 7:36 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:
kingraf wrote:Interestingly, enough I noted the pointlessness (?) of this thread a page ago.

I noted that after the 1st page, the actual topic was something related to DP, but I rarely see his name mentioned after the 1st page let alone any serious discussion based on him. Sad

ic I believe that anything related to DP was lost from the outset .. simply because of the title of your article.
As I am aware, and every other poster on here, I have not seen or heard one derrogatory remark made about DP he must be one of the few players who illicit at worst neutral comment. A player who seems to be liked by everyone

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 17 Mar 2013, 7:38 pm

socal1976 wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:They will be pointless as they always end up with no conclusion ever reached and that is how they will remain. That much is a fact.

It would take 5 years of beating up on the weak sisters of the blind before Novak's competition could catch up to the cupcake filled early 2000s. i would love to have that problem.

Novak fans have nothing else to do for the remainder of the week other than crying on weak era. picard

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 17 Mar 2013, 7:40 pm

Best of luck to Del Potro by the way and hopefully he can now make a real charge to break into the top five.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 17 Mar 2013, 8:01 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:
socal1976 wrote:

Novak fans have nothing else to do for the remainder of the week other than crying on weak era. picard

Or reflect on our players 13 masters and 6 slam victories and 2 year end number 1s to console us during this dark and trying time. What do you have to say for yourself and the nasty and almost fanciful hostility of your opening post. No wonder no one wanted to talk about it. Who exactly is a del Po hater among Novak's fans and why did you chose to take a run at Novak's fans. Learn some graciousness from YOUR HERO.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun 17 Mar 2013, 8:14 pm

socal, they say it's not paranoia if they really are out to get you.

However, IC had this to say about Delpo haters "There are people kept on pouring their hatred on the gentle giant just coz he beat their hero at his prime "
He might mean Fed fans and/or he might mean Rafa fans, but I can't see how he meant Djoko fans.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 17 Mar 2013, 8:21 pm

What are you talking about JHM why would he post the thread with that title after Del Po beats Djokovic? Why didn't he post it the night before or the last time Del po beat Federer? It was a cheap shot, and some sore winner attitude creating a straw man to burn in effigy. Is there a Del boy hater wing on this site? I am really starting to wonder about your analytcal skills when you fail to see this obvious reference, this is why I keep hammering you to apply socal's maxim and substitute your faulty anaytical skills for my legendary and storied analytical ability. It seems you have trouble discerning the simple meaning of words and the chronology of events, how can you ever learn the intricacies of weak era theory at this rate?

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun 17 Mar 2013, 8:38 pm

Clearly the "back with a bang, 3 great wins so far in a month" also passed by your keen analytical eye. Paranoia it is then. It can be treated, although some people prefer having it, I believe, as a form of motivation.

Since no Djoko fans (on this site at least, that I can recall) have ever had bad words about Delpo, it would be odd to refer to any Djoko fans as Delpo haters.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 17 Mar 2013, 8:44 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Best of luck to Del Potro by the way and hopefully he can now make a real charge to break into the top five.

Thx CC, I am eagerly waiting for the match. thumbsup

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 17 Mar 2013, 8:56 pm

If he approaches it the way he approached his matches against Murray and Djokovic then he has a decent chance. I have a sneaky feeling it may prove to be one big win too far from Juan but even if that is the case he has taken a decent step in the right direction this week.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 18 Mar 2013, 12:33 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Clearly the "back with a bang, 3 great wins so far in a month" also passed by your keen analytical eye. Paranoia it is then. It can be treated, although some people prefer having it, I believe, as a form of motivation.

Since no Djoko fans (on this site at least, that I can recall) have ever had bad words about Delpo, it would be odd to refer to any Djoko fans as Delpo haters.

This is what you always do, someone takes an obvious shot and you find the most distorted view of what happened to pretend that it didn't happen. Then you compound said irritiation of the incident by claiming that I am paranoid. How am I paranoid when the guy following a loss by Djokovic posts that opening thread, Murdoch found it perplexing as well. I guess if I ignored the chornology and the plain meaning of the english language I could pretend that it was directed at fans of other players. And the fact that the person himself does not deny it was directed at Djoko fans or me kind of reinforce my first instinct.

I didn't report him for abuse, didn't send you a pm complaining about it, the guy doesn't deny it is directed at Djoko fans, so why do you wade in to the situation to annoy me by calling me paranoid when clearly I caught his drift accurately?

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Mon 18 Mar 2013, 1:23 am

The commet was clearly aimed at Djokovic fans. Thats beyond obvious.
The 'prime guy who lost' being talked about is Djokovic, IC wrote this thread just after Djoko lost to Del P.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 18 Mar 2013, 2:30 am

The funny thing is Red, Julius without any special knowledge of IC's intent denies the allegation for him, while IC himself never denies that it was aimed at anyone in particular or any group of fans. Also IC goes on to further insult me and djoko fans here on the thread about how Novak fans have nothing to do this week but cry about weak era. Furthermore the OP was editted to remove the last most incendiary of lines about how (paraphrase) "Del Po was derided for beating their hero in his prime". The current Original post isn't what I remember reading the last couple of lines of which has been changed and I referenced it my initial response. Once I referenced it all of sudden it dissappears. The person who makes the thread doesn't deny who it is directed at, shoots another jab on the thread, and Julius denies it for him and to add insult to injury calls me paranoid. Put the original post back up IC if you have the guts?

How else would this be taken by any normal thinking person following the djokovic match? But when the guy who makes the thread doesn't deny my assertion and adds another jab later in the thread, how do you know what his intent is Julius? And why come in and defend the guy when he himself continues jabbing and doesn't deny the assertion of who it was directed at. Murdoch also felt it was directed at djokovic fans I suppose all three of us are paranoid.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Mon 18 Mar 2013, 7:39 am

Check the first few comments Socal- on page 1.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 18 Mar 2013, 8:54 am

socal, the 'paranoid' thing was intended as a bit of light-hearted ribbing (in the same vein as DICtator) - hence the use of the old joke about it. I had hoped you would read it as it was intended.
If you thought I was being serious and took offence then I apologise.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon 18 Mar 2013, 11:16 am

socal1976 wrote:I suppose all three of us are paranoid.

You need to visit OTF to see paranoia. Run

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 18 Mar 2013, 3:43 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:socal, the 'paranoid' thing was intended as a bit of light-hearted ribbing (in the same vein as DICtator) - hence the use of the old joke about it. I had hoped you would read it as it was intended.
If you thought I was being serious and took offence then I apologise.

Fair enough explanation accepted, apology not needed.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon 18 Mar 2013, 4:38 pm

socal1976 wrote:What are you talking about JHM why would he post the thread with that title after Del Po beats Djokovic? Why didn't he post it the night before or the last time Del po beat Federer? It was a cheap shot, and some sore winner attitude creating a straw man to burn in effigy. Is there a Del boy hater wing on this site? I am really starting to wonder about your analytcal skills when you fail to see this obvious reference, this is why I keep hammering you to apply socal's maxim and substitute your faulty anaytical skills for my legendary and storied analytical ability. It seems you have trouble discerning the simple meaning of words and the chronology of events, how can you ever learn the intricacies of weak era theory at this rate?

socal, i never mentioned your name nor any Djoko fans name anywhere in the thread, many people in this forum said DP can never recover his best and here he is back with a vengeance and I am delighted for his performance, I already said to you if your not a Del Po hater then enjoy his wins thumbsup

Thx JHM for trying to explain Socal about the thread. OK

Btw congrats Rafa for a fantastic win, specifically coming back from a 0-3 score in the 2nd set. clap

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon 18 Mar 2013, 4:42 pm

Red wrote:The commet was clearly aimed at Djokovic fans. Thats beyond obvious.
The 'prime guy who lost' being talked about is Djokovic, IC wrote this thread just after Djoko lost to Del P.

Short minded thinking, so according to you I have to wait for the season to get over before I can post a thread. picard

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 18 Mar 2013, 4:44 pm

IC I have edited your post - please re-read your own response to Enforcer's thread.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon 18 Mar 2013, 4:45 pm

socal1976 wrote:The funny thing is Red, Julius without any special knowledge of IC's intent denies the allegation for him, while IC himself never denies that it was aimed at anyone in particular or any group of fans. Also IC goes on to further insult me and djoko fans here on the thread about how Novak fans have nothing to do this week but cry about weak era. Furthermore the OP was editted to remove the last most incendiary of lines about how (paraphrase) "Del Po was derided for beating their hero in his prime". The current Original post isn't what I remember reading the last couple of lines of which has been changed and I referenced it my initial response. Once I referenced it all of sudden it dissappears. The person who makes the thread doesn't deny who it is directed at, shoots another jab on the thread, and Julius denies it for him and to add insult to injury calls me paranoid. Put the original post back up IC if you have the guts?

How else would this be taken by any normal thinking person following the djokovic match? But when the guy who makes the thread doesn't deny my assertion and adds another jab later in the thread, how do you know what his intent is Julius? And why come in and defend the guy when he himself continues jabbing and doesn't deny the assertion of who it was directed at. Murdoch also felt it was directed at djokovic fans I suppose all three of us are paranoid.

1] I never edited my post picard ,
2]Secondly I never said it was intended on particular set of fans , can you please reference this line "while IC himself never denies that it was aimed at anyone in particular or any group of fans." thumbsup
3]Red and Socal backing each other and shouting in the thread doesn't mean you guys were right Sorry

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon 18 Mar 2013, 4:49 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:IC I have edited your post - please re-read your own response to Enforcer's thread.

Oh I didn't know that, pls leave a small message at the bottom of the article when ever you edit it [atleast in article if not on all comments], so I could recognize whats going on.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 18 Mar 2013, 4:56 pm

IC, I didn't edit your OP - I edited your post just now - 4.38 p.m.

And a couple after that. Yesterday is consigned to history, please let it stay there.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 18 Mar 2013, 6:12 pm

Socal- I thought of you as more of a Clippers fan, man. From a Miami Heat fan, with Lob City leanings, that was a suprise. Good luck making Play offs :-P
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 18 Mar 2013, 6:21 pm

kingraf i have been a lakers fan since I can remember first cheering for them in the 1983 finals against philly at 7 years old. In Los Angeles they are the sports team. This year has been a huge dissappointment because we should of been competing for a title. Injuries and new coach caused a lot of issues.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 18 Mar 2013, 6:33 pm

ive been a Heat fan since I was a kid, including that 15-67 season. I have waited a long time for something that resembles a dynasty! Pity our rivals, for no reason other than the fact that they annoy the entire city, are the Pacers.

Meant it about the playoffs, though it would be odd to see a Laker-less post-season. No matter how much fun lob city is
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 18 Mar 2013, 6:38 pm

kingraf wrote:ive been a Heat fan since I was a kid, including that 15-67 season.

You were a kid in 1567? Just how old are you kingraf? 450-ish?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 18 Mar 2013, 6:56 pm

haha, Julius, you had me convulsing there!!!

I meant the season Miami played 82, won 15, and lost 67...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 18 Mar 2013, 10:07 pm

kingraf wrote:ive been a Heat fan since I was a kid, including that 15-67 season. I have waited a long time for something that resembles a dynasty! Pity our rivals, for no reason other than the fact that they annoy the entire city, are the Pacers.

Meant it about the playoffs, though it would be odd to see a Laker-less post-season. No matter how much fun lob city is

It will be the first time they miss the playoff since the early 90s and it would be a disaster, almost like Real Madrid getting relegated. Although getting to the playoffs is much harder than staying up in the top flight. Wow that is a loyal fan kingraf, what year were they 15-67 again.

I do think Lebron is better than both Kobe and jordan and the best player ever. Oh no another GOAT debate this time in basketball my head is really on the chopping block now!!!!

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan86 Mon 18 Mar 2013, 10:34 pm

It could be worse, my football (soccer) team is on the verge of liquidation!

ryan86

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 18 Mar 2013, 10:56 pm

No the lakers signed 10 year 2.5 billion dollar local TV deal the richest in basketball so no worries on that score.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 18 Mar 2013, 10:59 pm

He is an impeccable man who makes the crowd happy even if they prefer the other guy. JMDP! Future of tennis!
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 18 Mar 2013, 11:10 pm

Not if he doesn't improve his backhand up the line it is a soft shot. However I have to say he has impressed me with his volleys and his ability to move in now so most of Del Po's game is very impressive.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Tue 19 Mar 2013, 12:32 am

ryan86 wrote:It could be worse, my football (soccer) team is on the verge of liquidation!

I must ask, Ryan...Pompey fan?

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Tue 19 Mar 2013, 12:36 am

I'm not quite buying this 'new' DP until he consistently gets to Masters and Slam SF's

I just thought that both Murray (partially due to his unenforced break) and Nole played dopey Tennis

DP has obviously improved - but I still think he will be made to look all at sea by any of the Top 4 on form

If you're off it (Nole) or off it and undercooked (Murray) then you get what you deserve

In some ways it's good to see that the two current best hard court players, can't just 'rock up' to an event and automatically expect only to be beaten by each other

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 19 Mar 2013, 2:58 am

I agree banbro both guys are clearly in my mind superior talents, but delpo has the base to his game to build on and has been put back in his development by injury. I had feeling Novak subconsciously wanted to end this streak nonsense and did not want to shoot his wad in miami and IW.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5