The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well I didn't see that comming !!!!!!

+6
SecretFly
Biltong
aitchw
thebluesmancometh
majesticimperialman
LordDowlais
10 posters

Go down

Well I didn't see that comming !!!!!! Empty Well I didn't see that comming !!!!!!

Post by LordDowlais Sun 17 Mar 2013, 9:42 am

Christ on a bike, where did that come from ? If you put this England side with any of the big three they will give them a game, and you would not bet against them either, but yesterday Wales showed them their own rear ends. Where were the Engluish forwards ? If England were still playing now they would not score a try, why cant Wales play like this against every one ? Wales yesterday looked like they were streets infront of England, and it is aboug time they started playing like this all the time, the centers do need to look outside them though. Ale

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Well I didn't see that comming !!!!!! Empty Re: Well I didn't see that comming !!!!!!

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 17 Mar 2013, 9:50 am

To be honest. i dont think any one did see that coming.

I was expecting a tight game, with a real dog fight in the last 15/20 minutes with maybe a score 3/5 points between the teams.

Again i would like to congratulate Wales a great win for them yesterday.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Well I didn't see that comming !!!!!! Empty Re: Well I didn't see that comming !!!!!!

Post by LordDowlais Mon 18 Mar 2013, 12:38 pm

Also can I add, how very humble some of the English fans have been about the game, ok it was not the result they wanted but they have not thrown their toys out either. clap

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 18 Mar 2013, 12:44 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Also can I add, how very humble some of the English fans have been about the game, ok it was not the result they wanted but they have not thrown their toys out either. clap

it's a pity a few Welsh posters aren't acting with the same decorum

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by aitchw Mon 18 Mar 2013, 1:01 pm

I think we were all expecting to be beaten at some stage and despite pre-match optimism, the norm for any supporter of any team, the defeat was not totally unexpected. The manner of the defeat was though. To be out-played for a full 80 was disappointing to say the least and full marks to Wales for putting on a show of top class rugby.

Something we probably all share though is the frustration of knowing what your team is capable of and watching them stumble and underperform for much of the rest of the time. We have a right to expect our players to perform to the best of their ability all the time while accepting that individuals will have off days. England owed it to the fans and themselves to bring their A game, NZ performance being the bench mark, but they didn't for whatever reason.

Wales must kick on form here and prove they have it in them to be up there with the best consistently. They have it in them, will they rise to the challenge? I hope so because a strong Wales will drag everyone with them, including England.

aitchw

http://www.winmax-leisure.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 18 Mar 2013, 1:14 pm

From a neutrals persective it was an enjoyable match, Wales impressed me specifically with their intent to run turn over ball, and at the end of the day when you come down to brass tax, that was the difference.

But it was more than jst the counter attack intention, it was about how they hit the rucks.

No bear with me for a second and don't pull you calves tight as I just want to explain something and it is not criticism but just the way I have seen it unfold.

Whether it has been the Six Nations or super rugby, referees have been assessing the intention of players at the ruck, and momentum for them has been key. We may say that the referees were inconsistent at the rucks.

In my view , NO they haven't, they have been consistently on the side who uses the ruck to retain or gain momentum. even in clear view of players going off their feet etc.

teams who hang back and commit fewer numbers to the breakdowns and show no intent at ruck time were blown when a single player (perhaps two) were trying and are trying to turn over ball.

So that is also what Wales did very successfully and smartly against England.

Then lastly the Welsh ran into space when they countered, they also had support runners with the breakaway moves which in other games they failed to do.

Tipuric (spelling) Warburton, North and Cuthbert were all particularly lethal with ball in hand.

Having said all that, I was extremely disappointed with the english kicking away turn over ball during the match, they never managed to build momentum and was stopped in their tracks the whole match.

The Welsh were impressive, whether it was at rucks, scrums, line outs, the whle caboodle.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 18 Mar 2013, 1:39 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Also can I add, how very humble some of the English fans have been about the game, ok it was not the result they wanted but they have not thrown their toys out either. clap

A statement like that needs a +1.

As it's so easy to wish well to humble fans who are on top of the world having witnessed their side storm to a title in the manner Wales did at the weekend. Who could not congratulate the fans of such a side after such a resolute result...but there are always creepers on any side who can't resist a shovel of dirt in the eye of the downhearted.

So yes, speak as how you'd want others to speak to you and we'll all get along.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon 18 Mar 2013, 1:45 pm

Neither did I! Two ms in coming. Who would've thought? Hug

To be fair it wasn't a surprise. Wales had been winning but improving on their games in key areas. England were winning but were falling off in key areas.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 18 Mar 2013, 1:46 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:

+2

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by gowershowerpower Mon 18 Mar 2013, 1:47 pm

Surprise - An unexpected event.

So you expected a 30-3 mullering did you?

thought not.

Hence surprise.

gowershowerpower

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon 18 Mar 2013, 2:15 pm

Maybe to you. I predicted a Wales win. The score got away from England in the end but it didn't surprise me that they lost. What am I thinking now seeing you're so good at reading minds.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by gowershowerpower Mon 18 Mar 2013, 2:21 pm

I also predicted a Wales win, like the majority of the country.

However, nobody, I mean nobody predicted a 30-3 mullering on every level.

Such that it surprised us all.

Even you.

gowershowerpower

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon 18 Mar 2013, 2:32 pm

Gowershowerpower talking sense. I didn't see that coming!!!!!!

drumroll

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 18 Mar 2013, 2:35 pm

bluestonevedder wrote:
thebluesmancometh wrote:

+2

+3.

I'm sick, and ashamed of the fact the press covered it as 'Wales stopped England winning the Grand Slam' as opposed to 'Wales retained their 6 Nations Title'.

I didn't expect the score to be anything like that based on what we had seen from Wales (and England) through out the tournament. I honestly think that is the first full 80 mins we have played in over a year, and I was glad to see it. However we still have a long way to go yet.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by gowershowerpower Mon 18 Mar 2013, 2:37 pm

you probably saw it comming though....

gowershowerpower

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down