The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Channel 5

+8
hogey
spencerclarke
azania
John Bloody Wayne
ShahenshahG
All Time Great
sweet_pea
hampo17
12 posters

Go down

Channel 5 Empty Channel 5

Post by hampo17 Sun 17 Mar 2013, 6:26 pm

Couple of sites reporting they are going to pull out of boxing. As far as I can see the rumours are being reported by Warren and Maloney so should be taken with a pinch of salt.

However with Degales fight being postponed, if they do pull out where do Fury and co find themselves?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Channel 5 Empty Re: Channel 5

Post by sweet_pea Sun 17 Mar 2013, 7:00 pm

to be honest i wont be suprised if warren opens his arms to broadcasting fury, degale, eubank..
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Sun 17 Mar 2013, 7:04 pm

I can't see why C5 would pull out, their viewing figures have been reasonably high for the boxing shows they have put on.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_pea Sun 17 Mar 2013, 7:08 pm

yeah but its advertising revenue that they need.. i cant remember but how often n how many adverts can u stick in a boxing show?
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 17 Mar 2013, 7:09 pm

Problem is they can only afford to pay so much, should either fury degale etc hit it big they wont be able to keep em

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 17 Mar 2013, 8:29 pm

Surely ads between rounds are pretty valuable, and it's not as if channel 5 ever broadcast anything else worth watching.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 17 Mar 2013, 8:37 pm

sweet_pea wrote:yeah but its advertising revenue that they need.. i cant remember but how often n how many adverts can u stick in a boxing show?

A 45 second ad every 3 minutes isn't bad. As boxing pulls in good viewing figures, companies will pay well for it.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sun 17 Mar 2013, 9:57 pm

Id seen something about this on youtube earlier today. Lets hope its not right.

As mentioned above channel five seemed to be getting reasonable interest

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Sun 17 Mar 2013, 10:53 pm

Channel 5 get no better and possible worse viewing figures for showing boxing as do for showing an Arnie movie from 1992. Boxings casual fans only want to see the really big names and most dont really care about Fury or Degale. I am surprised they have bothered broadcasting it this long.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 17 Mar 2013, 11:07 pm

They are known to casual boxing fans. DeGale being an Olympic gold medalist and Fury being well Fury.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon 18 Mar 2013, 8:29 am

I never said the casual boxing fan does not know them i said they dont bother to watch them, in terms of the rest of the viewing public here only the very best and most famous boxers are known well by the general population. Most people in Britain would not know Fury or Degale if they were sat in there living room having a cuppa. Appearing a couple of times a year on a channel with more often than not less than a million viewers does nothing to change it. Outside of Haye, Froch and Khan the rest are to a large degree all pretty much unknowns here.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 18 Mar 2013, 8:58 am

With the DeGale and Eubank Jr entire card seemingly pulled something big is happening.

Eubank was pretty peed off on Twitter, saying he hasn't been told why the date has been cancelled but that an 'announcement' was due in the next day or so.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Mon 18 Mar 2013, 10:18 am

Mick Hennessy has left this own stable and joined Eddie Hearn.

Expect him to battle for the South East Area Heavyweight Title against John McDermot exclusively on SKY!

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 18 Mar 2013, 10:32 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:With the DeGale and Eubank Jr entire card seemingly pulled something big is happening.

Eubank was pretty peed off on Twitter, saying he hasn't been told why the date has been cancelled but that an 'announcement' was due in the next day or so.

This is infuriating! Me and a mate bought tickets for this and I only found out this morning by randomly looking on twitter and seeing Eubank Jr's comment about his fight being pulled.

I thought it was just his fight but when I look more it's the whole event. Were ticket purchaser's going to be informed! i would of just gone there on the night and found out if I didn't regulary look at these websites!

Fat boy Mick has some explaining to do!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 18 Mar 2013, 10:53 am

School Project wrote:Mick Hennessy has left this own stable and joined Eddie Hearn.

Expect him to battle for the South East Area Heavyweight Title against John McDermot exclusively on SKY!

Left his own Stable?!! wtf

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Mon 18 Mar 2013, 10:56 am

ShahenshahG wrote:
School Project wrote:Mick Hennessy has left this own stable and joined Eddie Hearn.

Not really, I thought it'd be funny to misinform as I never do it. It wouldn't surprise me though as everyone else if getting into bed with Eddie "The Hitman" Hearn.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 18 Mar 2013, 11:05 am

School Project wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:

Not really, I thought it'd be funny to misinform as I never do it. It wouldn't surprise me though as everyone else if getting into bed with Eddie "The Hitman" Hearn.

SHouldnt that be the "The Hitman and Her-n" (I realise that this reference will go over anyone who didnt grow up in the 80s early 90s!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_pea Mon 18 Mar 2013, 1:18 pm

Adam D wrote:
School Project wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:

SHouldnt that be the "The Hitman and Her-n" (I realise that this reference will go over anyone who didnt grow up in the 80s early 90s!

1987 Run woooshh
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Mon 18 Mar 2013, 1:33 pm

Adam D wrote:
School Project wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:

I'm not too sure if Hennessy is as light on his feet for that... though I can picture Eddie asking Mick if he has "every danced with the Devil in the pale moon light".

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 18 Mar 2013, 9:16 pm

C5 just confirmed on twitter that they've pulled out of boxing coverage.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down