The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thank-you and Congratulations

+12
sirfredperry
invisiblecoolers
Josiah Maiestas
Silver
Henman Bill
lydian
Haddie-nuff
carrieg4
JuliusHMarx
CaledonianCraig
socal1976
User 774433
16 posters

Go down

Thank-you and Congratulations Empty Thank-you and Congratulations

Post by User 774433 Mon 18 Mar 2013, 4:24 pm

Well, would like to start of this thread by expressing my happiness and joy watching Rafael Nadal successfully return from injury with a great performance this week at Indian Wells.
Last year when Nadal withdrew from a host of tournaments and was out for months I was convinced that he would never come back to his best and compete at the highest level. Now will he come back to his best and win more Grand Slams? Well we don't know for sure, but I think Nadal has shown this week that if his knee does hold up he will be able to compete and display his incredible fighting spirit to us all. Nadal may not be the greatest, but the guy has proved doubters wrong time after time. If after the Wimbledon 2007 defeat someone had told Nadal that in 2013 he would have won all 4 slams, Olympic Gold, and have the best W/L record out of all players in the open era, I think he would take it with both hands. king

But this week also belongs to Del Potro, who showed this week that maybe he can get back to his 2009 form. He was resilient and at his aggressive best this week, and I think beating Murray and Djokovic and losing then in 3 to Nadal is not only a great show of courage, it is a statement of endurance, stamina and hard work. Del Potro moves well on clay, and I see him as a potential threat for the French Open if he can continue this great form. And who would begrudge him more success? He seems like a really friendly guy, and is a superb ambassador for the sport (along with the current top 4 of course).

Also I would like to thank Silver for his fantastic work in the MOTD threads he did for Indian Wells, he was a great partner and an absolute pleasure to work with. Throughout the week neither of us had been that great in terms of predictions, but in the final we both called Nadal to win in this 3 sets! Wink

As many of you may have already guessed, I am now leaving the forum, but I would like to also say thanks to all the posters here, most of whom have been very friendly.
Bogbrush, Socal, Lydian, Luvsports, Silver, HM Murdoch, Legendkiller, Summerblues, Henman Bill, Hawkeye, Legendkiller, Caledonian Craig, Carrieg, Danny, Invisible Coolers, Calder, Break in the fifth, sirfredperry, Cogen, Eric, The Special Juan, Haddie Nuff, Laverfan, Jahu, Lags, Jeremy Kyle, and yes, even my good pal Josiah; these are just a few of the great posters who I have been able to learn about tennis from and have helped create a really positive experience for the forum.
So thanks to you guys (and some who I may have forgot to mention given my appalling memory lol).

And for those Federer fans, who think I dislike Federer, I would like to let you know that this isn't actually the case. Apart from a few rare occasions I believe he is a fantastic role-model for tennis fans, and to reveal a slightly shocking truth, I actually went to the O2 and supported him against Djokovic in the WTF final 2012. I was planning to get behind Djokovic... but for some reason I'm not quite sure why, I started getting behind Roger. He is a great player, and I will not be surprised if he wins Wimbledon again this year given his record there and great passion for the sport.

Cheers everyone,

Amritia3ee

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Thank-you and Congratulations Empty Re: Thank-you and Congratulations

Post by socal1976 Mon 18 Mar 2013, 4:28 pm

Well this is sad day I consider you a friend amritia and send me a PM and let me know what you are up to. I have always enjoyed your threads and posts and will be very sad not to read them anymore. I don't know what has brought all this to ahead I am a bit perplexed but I am starting to form a picture of it. You will be sorely missed as you were very civil and well informed.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 18 Mar 2013, 4:33 pm

Sorry to see you go Amritia. Hopefully, you will have a rethink but if not then hopefully catch you on the Andy Murray Forum. Adios amigos.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 18 Mar 2013, 5:02 pm

I am also sorry to see you go. Hopefully you'll back after a bit of downtime - we all need that from time to time.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Mon 18 Mar 2013, 6:09 pm

Sorry to see you go Amritia, I have always enjoyed your articles. Hope to see you back soon Hug

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Mon 18 Mar 2013, 6:16 pm

Oh Amritia dont go.... IMBL and Red.. I will miss you.. I cant remember how many times you have stood in my corner. Take a break yes but come back. Hug kiss

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Mon 18 Mar 2013, 6:27 pm

Amritia - don't take all that stuff from yesterday personally. I know how it feels as I used to get het up about things, but truly its not worth it.

This is your tennis posting home - you're welcome here and add much to the forum, so stick around Smile

Bubbly
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Mon 18 Mar 2013, 9:13 pm

Julius, Enforcer, Adam; check inbox thumbsup

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Mon 18 Mar 2013, 9:35 pm

What stuff from yesterday? Why are you leaving?

Hmm should I check my inbox in a minute?

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Mon 18 Mar 2013, 11:44 pm

This seems a bit out the blue - you're not seriously going for good, Red? I understand if you want to take a break, but it would be great to see you come back as well. It won't be the same without you around!

Red wrote:Also I would like to thank Silver for his fantastic work in the MOTD threads he did for Indian Wells, he was a great partner and an absolute pleasure to work with. Throughout the week neither of us had been that great in terms of predictions, but in the final we both called Nadal to win in this 3 sets! Wink

At least we finally got something right, took us long enough! Thanks to you too, it was great fun and you were so helpful throughout, I enjoyed it a lot. Hopefully we can do it again in the future Smile

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue 19 Mar 2013, 12:31 am

Cannot believe this site is losing our professional jinxer without a party or a present! This is harsh and a kick in the teeth to true jinxophiles!

To mark this awful day here's a drawing of a tweety bird:

───────────────────────█
────────────────────█──█──██
────────────────────█─██─██
───────────────████░═░═░═██████
─────────────██░═░═░═░═░═░═░═░═██
───────────██░═░═░═░═██░═░═░═░═░═██
─────────██░═░═░═░═░═░═░═░═░═░═░═░██
────────██░═░═░═░═░═░═░═░═░═░═░═░═░██
────────█░═░═░═░═░═░═░═░═░═░═░═░═░═█░█
───────█░═░═░═░═░═░═░═░═█░═░═░═░═░═░═░█
───────█░═░═░═░═░═░═░████░═░═░═░═░═░═░█
───────█░═░═░═░═░═░═██▒█░═░═░═░═░═░█░═█
───────█░═░═░═░═░═██████░═░═░═░████░═░█
─────██████░═░═░═███████░═░═░═██░▒█░═░█
────█▒▒░▒░▒█░═░═░█████▒█░═░═░██████░═█
────█▒░░░▒▒█░═░═░█▒▒▒▒▒█░═░═█████░═░█
────█▒▒░▒▒██░═░═░█▒▒▒▒█░═░═████▒█░═█
─────█▒▒▒██░═░═░═█▒▒▒█░═░═░█▒▒▒█═░█
────███████████░═████░═░═░═█▒▒█░═█
─█▒█▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█░═░═░═░═░░═███░═█
─███▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒█░═░═░█████░═░═░═█
─██▒▒██████████░█░═░═░██░═░═░═██
─█▒░▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒█░═██░═░═░═░███
─██▒░░█████████░═██░═░░═░██░█
─█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█░═░═░═░═█░██
─█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒█░██░═░═░█═░█
─██▒▒░████████░██░█░═░═░═█░═█
─███▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒█░█░═░═░═█░═░███████
─█▒███████████░████░═░═░█░██░═░═░═██
────────█░═░═░═░═░═████████░═░═░═░═░█
──────────██░═░═░═░═░█░░░█░═░═░═░═░═█
───────────███████████░░░███████████

Hug Oh wise Amritia heart
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Tue 19 Mar 2013, 1:24 am

Mr. Red change yourself to green and show the green light to comeback to the forum , we need more Nadal fans and civilized posters like you. Hug

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Tue 19 Mar 2013, 8:40 am

Thanks for all the kind words about we other posters. May be come back some time?

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue 19 Mar 2013, 9:35 am

Sorry to see you go Amrit, you're quite eccentric on occassion but this adds to your natural charm. Hope you're not leaving for 'bad' reasons.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Tue 19 Mar 2013, 11:20 am

Sorry to see you go, and thanks for the nice mention within your list of favoured posters.

Don't know if you're still 'checking in' and seeing these recent posts since your farewell, but if so I do hope that wherever you choose to contribute in future brings the reward and enjoyment you are looking for.

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Tue 19 Mar 2013, 3:11 pm

All the best Amrit, hope you come back soon. Hug
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Tue 19 Mar 2013, 7:23 pm

Sorry to see you go. Hope you come back soon.

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down