The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you could change the outcome of one match what would it be & why.....?

+34
Dolphin Ziggler
VDT
MIG
nasisillmatic
Amy
Kid Vicious
JamesLincs
harrpau7
liverbnz
AberdeenSteve
Sarsippius
A Fine Folk.
Lex-Express
hibbywul
crippledtart
David Tails
Kay Fabe
Dx Dan.
grant holt's moustache
Chuck Norris
Dexter Morgan
Samo
sodhat
Miz NG
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
JoshSansom
ADMIN
legendkillar
theundisputedY2D2
Mr H
hodge
User Name
theanimal316
Brady12
38 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

If you could change the outcome of one match what would it be & why.....? Empty If you could change the outcome of one match what would it be & why.....?

Post by Brady12 Tue 03 May 2011, 12:19 am

Thought about this a few times & I've always thought of The Montreal Screwjob but today I'd probably say Michaels vs Taker @ Mania 26 for the simple fact that Michaels would still be active wrestler today....

Brady12

Back to top Go down

If you could change the outcome of one match what would it be & why.....? Empty Re: If you could change the outcome of one match what would it be & why.....?

Post by theanimal316 Tue 03 May 2011, 12:43 am

The Screwjob aside....

I'll go for WM 9, there is no way Hogan should have left with the title. I'd say some fans became disillusioned with WWF at that point and switched to watching WCW. Although I think Bret should have kept the title til SS 93, even Yoko winning would have been better than that shambles.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

If you could change the outcome of one match what would it be & why.....? Empty Re: If you could change the outcome of one match what would it be & why.....?

Post by User Name Tue 03 May 2011, 12:45 am

Zack Ryder Vs Sheamus for the WWE Title

Woo Woo Woo, You Know It!
Broski!

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Tue 03 May 2011, 1:00 am

theanimal316 wrote:The Screwjob aside....

I'll go for WM 9, there is no way Hogan should have left with the title. I'd say some fans became disillusioned with WWF at that point and switched to watching WCW. Although I think Bret should have kept the title til SS 93, even Yoko winning would have been better than that shambles.

Good call animal, how Hogan left that event with the title is beyond me...

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 03 May 2011, 1:43 am

WM25 Randy Orton Vs Triple H for WWE title

Orton needed the win here, he had been on fire all the way through the fued and the loss killed all momentum he had, then winning the title in a 6 man tag again weakend him. I would change the ending to Steph helping Orton and screwing Triple H, i know its not clean on Orton's part but would have added so much to the fued having Steph on Orton's side, or even any McMahon, labelling Randy Orton as top dog in the company (kayfabe wise) rather than Triple H, then you would also have had McMahon Vs McMahon power struggle happening on screen, say if Triple H was taken out nothing would be left to stop Orton/Steph (have Steph as Raw GM/Orton as champ)

just how i would have done it

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 03 May 2011, 11:16 am

Good article.

The most recent match i'd change would have been Shawn Michaels winning the WWE Championship from John Cena at Wrestlemania 24.

I also would have liked Owen Hart to beat Bret in the cage for the WWF Championship at Summerslam 94, very underated match and better than their Wrestlemania match in my opinion. I'd have reversed the results on both, Bret to have beaten Owen at Mania and Owen to have beaten Bret at Summerslam.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 03 May 2011, 11:18 am

I'd have changed the outcome of the Shockmaster's tussle with that damn wall.

Shockmaster would have burst through, maintained his vertical base, the wall would have been soundly beaten and WCW would still be in business today.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue 03 May 2011, 11:23 am

I would change the result of the HBK v Hogan match at Summerslam 2005. By far HBK did not deserve to lose that or even lose to Cena at WM23

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2011, 11:55 am

Jeff Jarrett never laying down for Hogan.

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 03 May 2011, 11:57 am

The Undertaker Vs. Jimmy Superfly Snuka at Mania VII.
No flippin streak then.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 03 May 2011, 12:03 pm

Rock v Austin so that every heel promo since doesn't get ruined by the "WHAT" chants.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 03 May 2011, 12:04 pm

I'd have Naked Mideon defeat William Regal for the European Title

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz NG Tue 03 May 2011, 12:11 pm

Aside from Montreal ScrewJob, I would also change the WM9 championship end. It was awful and completely unnecessary.

I would also change the end of the European Championship bout between Bulldog and Michaels. That was just cruel on Michaels' part.

Miz NG

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 03 May 2011, 12:31 pm

Miz NG wrote:I would also change the end of the European Championship bout between Bulldog and Michaels. That was just cruel on Michaels' part.

Good call thumbsup

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 03 May 2011, 12:55 pm

Jerry Lawler v Stevie Richards at No Way Out resulting in Kat joining Right to Censor.
Unhappy days Sad

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2011, 1:03 pm

Hero wrote:Jerry Lawler v Stevie Richards at No Way Out resulting in Kat joining Right to Censor.
Unhappy days Sad

I'll never forgive Jerry for marrying her.......

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 03 May 2011, 1:03 pm

It isn't a particularly important match, but one that really wound me up was HHH going over Sheamus at WM26. Sheamus could have done with that victory and it seemed needless for HHH to take the win.

Other than that I agree with Michaels vs Bulldog for the EC.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 03 May 2011, 2:00 pm

I'd've had Umaga beat Cena for the WWE title at NYR 07. You could have had both men look strong over the 2 PPv's but no, Cena just HAD to win, albeit cheaply.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 03 May 2011, 2:04 pm

Samo wrote:I'd've had Umaga beat Cena for the WWE title at NYR 07. You could have had both men look strong over the 2 PPv's but no, Cena just HAD to win, albeit cheaply.

Agree with this, it would have made Umaga into a proper top-liner and it would have made Cena look badass by regaining the belt at the Royal Rumble - which was booked fantastically - after being beaten up at New Year's Revolution.

Another one - HHH v Booker T at Wrestlemania 19. Booker totally should have won that one.

And the Elimination Chamber at Summerslam 2003 - Goldberg should have won the belt that night.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2011, 2:16 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:
Samo wrote:I'd've had Umaga beat Cena for the WWE title at NYR 07. You could have had both men look strong over the 2 PPv's but no, Cena just HAD to win, albeit cheaply.

Agree with this, it would have made Umaga into a proper top-liner and it would have made Cena look badass by regaining the belt at the Royal Rumble - which was booked fantastically - after being beaten up at New Year's Revolution.

Another one - HHH v Booker T at Wrestlemania 19. Booker totally should have won that one.

And the Elimination Chamber at Summerslam 2003 - Goldberg should have won the belt that night.

Disagree with the Umaga thing, i would actually have had him win at the Rumble after everything Cena threw at him. Umaga would've come across as a monster heel.

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 03 May 2011, 2:24 pm

King Beer wrote:Disagree with the Umaga thing, i would actually have had him win at the Rumble after everything Cena threw at him. Umaga would've come across as a monster heel.

Fair enough mate, but I think he came across as a monster at the Rumble anyway. At NYR he beat Cena up for the entire match before losing to a fluke roll-up. That didn't do him any favours.

Where would you have gone with Umaga as champion? Would you have Cena v Umaga at No Way Out?

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2011, 2:45 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:
King Beer wrote:Disagree with the Umaga thing, i would actually have had him win at the Rumble after everything Cena threw at him. Umaga would've come across as a monster heel.

Fair enough mate, but I think he came across as a monster at the Rumble anyway. At NYR he beat Cena up for the entire match before losing to a fluke roll-up. That didn't do him any favours.

Where would you have gone with Umaga as champion? Would you have Cena v Umaga at No Way Out?

I would've had him become unstoppable, maybe make him Goldbergesque. No matter what anyone did they couldn't keep him down. Would've made it so much better.

Imagine Umaga doing that now, and a face Sheamus going over him. Instant elevation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Morgan Tue 03 May 2011, 8:11 pm

Stolen from the original 606?

And someone stole my Zack Ryder idea Sad

Dexter Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Norris Tue 03 May 2011, 8:24 pm

One i would change would have been Rey Mysterio V CM Punk at Mania 26.

Having Rey join the SES would have been a great storyline, they could have had it where Punk got Rye to do his dirtry work & just constantly embaressed him.

Other contendors include Kane winning the rumble where he dominated (2001?) & Zack Ryder genuinley beating Sheamus (can you imagine if he actually won it)

Would also give a shout out for Jeff Hardy to have beat the Undertaker for the undisputed title on Raw in a ladder match & for Orton to have broken the streak.

Chuck Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by grant holt's moustache Tue 03 May 2011, 8:28 pm

orton beating taker at WM

grant holt's moustache

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Norris Tue 03 May 2011, 8:43 pm

Would also have liked to see big Drew win the MITB at Wrestlemania 26 Wink

Chuck Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 03 May 2011, 9:27 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:

I'd've had him drop it to Cena at Royal Rumble in exactly the same outcome. Umaga still looks really strong, but it would have helped Cena more than the fluke win. Dont think I agree with the Goldbergesque run, but if anyone could have done it, it would have been Umaga. After all the high profile names he destroyed (HHH and HBK among others) it only made sense he win the strap.

WWE need another big monster heel like that. Mason Ryan could have done the job but I feel the 'E are wasting him already. Lets see where the events from RAW lead to.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Tue 03 May 2011, 10:22 pm

Some good shouts here... I was at One Night Only & I couldn't believe it when Michaels went over

I like HBK to beat Hogan at Summerslam 05.

What about Savage beat Warrior at Mania 7?

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 03 May 2011, 10:30 pm

grant holt's moustache wrote:orton beating taker at WM

ok is it true or just bogus rumour i read that Orton was offered the streak and turned it down feeling that he would rise to the main event anyway and therefore would not need the streak to be sucessful?

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 03 May 2011, 10:32 pm

hodge wrote:

ok is it true or just bogus rumour i read that Orton was offered the streak and turned it down feeling that he would rise to the main event anyway and therefore would not need the streak to be sucessful?

Oh Randal, always so full of himself. Smug asshole.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Tue 03 May 2011, 10:48 pm

Should they call an audible & had Hogan go over The Rock at Mania 18 I think so judging by the crowds reaction to Hogan

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 03 May 2011, 11:03 pm

Samo wrote:
hodge wrote:

Oh Randal, always so full of himself. Smug asshole.

Given his age and the rise he had with evolution and already being a world champion you can see why he thought he would be at the top though

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 04 May 2011, 8:47 am

I'd have had the Sandman win the Battle Royal to become RAW General Manager back in 2008.

When the fans thought he'd won it they went ballistic then Regal sneaked in and eliminated him and the whole thing fell flat.

Having the Sandman as GM for a month or two would have livened things up a bit anyway, instead WWE went down the same tired old route that they usually.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 May 2011, 8:49 am

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 04 May 2011, 9:20 am

^^^^^^^

Too frickin' right!

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Wed 04 May 2011, 9:39 am

I'd have HBK beat Cena for the title at Wrestlemania 23!

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 04 May 2011, 10:08 am

Warrior vs Slaughter at the 90 Rumble so Warrior/Savage could take their rightful place as the true headline WM World Title Main Event

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Wed 04 May 2011, 10:26 am

King Beer wrote:
Spoiler:

I agree with KB. I'd change that in a split second!

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed 04 May 2011, 10:28 am

the-gaffer wrote:Warrior vs Slaughter at the 90 Rumble so Warrior/Savage could take their rightful place as the true headline WM World Title Main Event

Great call Gaffer! Agree 100%

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz NG Wed 04 May 2011, 1:33 pm

King Beer wrote:
Spoiler:

100% agree KB

I kind of agree with the Punk v Rey at WM26 and Rey having to join SES. But having seen what Cena then did when he had to join Nexus makes me kind of glad it didn't happen. Punk would be nowhere now.

Miz NG

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 04 May 2011, 1:57 pm

WWE seems to be having its own competition to come up with the stupidest match outcome this week.

Some really good suggestions here. I totally agree with Punk-Rey, Michaels-Bulldog, WM9, Rock-Austin and Booker-888.

The one I would go for is Sting-Hogan at Starrcade 97. There was no need at all to have the false finish, and it was made even worse by the supposed "fast count". The NWO had been running roughshod over WCW for over a year, and Sting was the last great babyface hope left. His much-anticipated return to challenge Hogan should have been the easiest thing in the world to book.

I would have had Sting go over Hogan clean. I would have probably had Hall and Nash interfere, only for babyfaces to fend them off (maybe Flair and Bret). I'd have made the whole thing a happy ending to the WCW vs NWO storyline, and disbanded the NWO there and then, with WCW triumphant.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by hibbywul Wed 04 May 2011, 2:23 pm

I would chnage the outcome of Flair's Rumble (Heenan 'That's not fair to Flair') with Sid winning (still tossing out Hogan and turning heel), therefore allowing to him to feud with Savage leading up to and at WM8. This would also have led to Hogan/Flair at WM8.

A downside to this could be no returning Warrior.

hibbywul

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 04 May 2011, 2:32 pm

hibbywul wrote:I would chnage the outcome of Flair's Rumble (Heenan 'That's not fair to Flair') with Sid winning (still tossing out Hogan and turning heel), therefore allowing to him to feud with Savage leading up to and at WM8. This would also have led to Hogan/Flair at WM8.

A downside to this could be no returning Warrior.

I disagree entirely. Flair v Savage at Mania 8 was one of the best Mania matches i've seen. Also the 92 Rumble is probably the best Rumble match ever because Flair won and because of Heenans commentary, they went hand in hand. If Sid won, we wouldnt talk about it like we do today.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 04 May 2011, 2:55 pm

I wouldn't have had Sid beat Bret Hart on Thursday RAW Thursday to win the WWF title in 1997. The Bret-Stone Cold match at Wrestlemania 13 should have been for the title.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 04 May 2011, 3:57 pm

Y2 Thats a great shout too, if that was the WrestleMania main event for the WWF Title it might be considered the best match ever

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 04 May 2011, 3:59 pm

Great thread by the way

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Thu 05 May 2011, 10:01 am

I would have had Hogan go over Goldberg in the georgia dome and be the one to end the streak not Nash/Hall and a taser

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 05 May 2011, 10:05 am

Lex-Express wrote:I would have had Hogan go over Goldberg in the georgia dome and be the one to end the streak not Nash/Hall and a taser

Totally disagree with this one. It would have put WCW out of business a lot earlier. The thing I would have changed about this match is that it should have been on PPV!

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 05 May 2011, 10:43 am

I dont like the fact that although Hogan lost to The Rock at Mania 18 he still went on to beat Triple H for the Undisputed Title at Backlash a few weeks later. Fair enough he was probably hot as hell after turning face again but he lost the title quickly so it was just a cheap reign for Hogan. Also not to mention that Hunter only beat Jericho at Mania for the title so he only had a few week reign as champion.

So that being said i would have had Hunter beat Hogan at Backlash 2002. It just totally undermined Hunter winning the strap at Mania to have to lose it to Hogan a month later.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 05 May 2011, 3:30 pm

GOT ANOTHER ONE! I'd've had HBK win the 2007 Rumble and not Taker. Neither men needed it, but it was in San Antonio and HBK would've tied SCSA record for 3 wins.

It would have cemented HBK's legacy even further tbh.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next